Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

Next season's transfer budget is going to be very interesting.
Solskjaer has been promised the £74m from Lukaku sale, and I've little doubt that Pogba will be sold next Summer, which would raise a further £150m (?) and then our customary annual kitty, and Solskjaer could possibly have £300m to play with.

We'd have the money for a World record fee for Sancho, which is what it may take, but in my opinion it all boils down to this season's performances and results.
I just cannot imagine Sancho being interested in United unless we have top 4, and genuinely look like an exciting revolution is underway.

Sancho will have a cartload of offers on the table next Summer, and United have to ensure that theirs is the most attractive.
The other way is to play attractive football with the youngsters we have. If we look like an exciting team again, any player will be delighted be involved with us.

But yes, CL spot is the minimum requirement to sign Sancho.

beingshe7don

Solskjaer has been promised the £74m from Lukaku sale, and I've little doubt that Pogba will be sold next Summer, which would raise a further £150m (?) and then our customary annual kitty, and Solskjaer could possibly have £300m to play with.

We'd have the money for a World record fee for Sancho, which is what it may take, but in my opinion it all boils down to this season's performances and results.
I just cannot imagine Sancho being interested in United unless we have top 4, and genuinely look like an exciting revolution is underway.

Sancho will have a cartload of offers on the table next Summer, and United have to ensure that theirs is the most attractive.
If and when Pogba leaves, United have to maintain their brand status especially if they would like to get a good sponsorship deal with Adidas. Sancho would be that replacement I believe. But in order to be title contenders, we need about 4 superstars in the team. At the moment, only Pogba falls in the superstar bracket and then surrounded with players with great potential, hunger and point to prove.

beingshe7don

Also, on a side note, not going for Aubameyang for 60m instead of Lukaku for 75m+ was a huge mistake on the part of Jose and the board. We lack a poacher like Aubameyang...

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
His output is ridiculous. 15 goals and 21 assists in 39 league games is what you'd be expecting from an elite winger at the top of their game and not someone who isn't even 20 yet. Him and Mbappe are going to be the next Messi and Ronaldo in terms of numbers i reckon.

Mbappe has 63 goals and assists in 59 league games.
Mbappe plays for the team that wins the league without a ball being kicked.

Not denying his talents in any sense but the numbers from the farmers league can't be used to show how great he is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

He certainly won’t be going for more than Neymar.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Mbappe plays for the team that wins the league without a ball being kicked.

Not denying his talents in any sense but the numbers from the farmers league can't be used to show how great he is.
Ligue 1 isn’t a farmers league ffs.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The other way is to play attractive football with the youngsters we have. If we look like an exciting team again, any player will be delighted be involved with us.

But yes, CL spot is the minimum requirement to sign Sancho.
You offer him enough money and he will seriously consider us.

passing-wind

Think many of you are going to end up disappointed, the problem we have is that Sancho is clearly not an idiot. He moved abroad to prioritize his talent, why move to a team that is under a problematic transition. Sancho's departure to this club largely depends on Ole's success THIS season. If most fans believe we will finish outside the top four, you've got pundits and ex players saying we are out of anything competitive for three years (which is stupid because the glazers will sack Ole if the case), how does the club attain the world's most promising teenager second to only Mbappe.

edcunited1878

Also, on a side note, not going for Aubameyang for 60m instead of Lukaku for 75m+ was a huge mistake on the part of Jose and the board. We lack a poacher like Aubameyang...
PEA wasn't available to United when he was transferred on Jan. 2018. How is that Jose or the board's mistake? And PEA and his father were very adamant to go to a London club if going to the Premier League.

Roboc7

Think many of you are going to end up disappointed, the problem we have is that Sancho is clearly not an idiot. He moved abroad to prioritize his talent, why move to a team that is under a problematic transition. Sancho's departure to this club largely depends on Ole's success THIS season. If most fans believe we will finish outside the top four, you've got pundits and ex players saying we are out of anything competitive for three years (which is stupid because the glazers will sack Ole if the case), how does the club attain the world's most promising teenager second to only Mbappe.
There’s no chance of him coming here, personally I see him going to Liverpool or one of the Spanish clubs. Even in unlikely event we were willing to pay fee required to buy him there’s no way he signs for us.

This team is years from competing, next summer after another year without Champions League and Pogba and DDG almost certain to leave we’re not going to be able to buy players like this. That’s just the reality of the situation, hopefully realistic targets will be identified instead.

beingshe7don

PEA wasn't available to United when he was transferred on Jan. 2018. How is that Jose or the board's mistake? And PEA and his father were very adamant to go to a London club if going to the Premier League.
We were looking to add a striker the summer (2017) before and went back between Lukaku and Morata and ended up with Morata. Also, we could have used Mhiktariyan to get PEA and PEA was very adamant to go to Spain and obviously changed his mind since no one was interested. He was looking for a move from Dortmund and a salary hike and we could have easily offered him that.

edcunited1878

We were looking to add a striker the summer (2017) before and went back between Lukaku and Morata and ended up with Morata. Also, we could have used Mhiktariyan to get PEA and PEA was very adamant to go to Spain and obviously changed his mind since no one was interested. He was looking for a move from Dortmund and a salary hike and we could have easily offered him that.
United could have used Mikhitaryan to get PEA? He was signed from Dortmund, were they not teammates? So you're saying United could have used Mikhitaryan as make weight back to Dortmund for PEA? That doesn't make any sense. PEA didn't move or wasn't involved in any summer transfer the year Lukaku and Morata went to United/Chelsea because he wasn't barking up trees at Dortmund, neither was his dad.

And still not sure why this is being discussed in a Sancho thread.

beingshe7don

United could have used Mikhitaryan to get PEA? He was signed from Dortmund, were they not teammates? So you're saying United could have used Mikhitaryan as make weight back to Dortmund for PEA? That doesn't make any sense. PEA didn't move or wasn't involved in any summer transfer the year Lukaku and Morata went to United/Chelsea because he wasn't barking up trees at Dortmund, neither was his dad.

Dude.... clearly your comprehension skills are questionable. Obviously, I meant use Mhiki to attract him to United as what Arsenal ended up doing. As for it being mentioned in the Sancho thread. I just mentioned that we need a striker of the ilk that's Aubameyang. Check out the Aubameyang goal which he scored against Spurs and it came out of nothing. I don't see anyone in the United team scoring goals of that sort.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Recent reports all suggest that we actually decided against pursuing him because of his transfer fee. That will only get bigger this season by the looks of it. This one is quite probably already over for us. To make matters worse, top 4 is looking like it'd take an absolute miracle already with our form and paper thin squad.

He is without doubt the player that we need. I really don't see an alternative that will bring the same qualities. We should have made it happen if possible this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, Juventus, Liverpool, us. It's not going to be us is it? :lol:
Well... If you believe what David Ornstein said in May. Then Sancho prefers a move to Man Utd if he was to return to England.

Last edited:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I agree that this shouldn't necessarily be discussed in the Sancho thread but I wanted to weigh in on this quickly: Aubameyang was quite heavily linked to a move that summer. It was quite obvious he wanted out and he had a gentlemans agreement with the club that they would let him leave if a club coughed up a hefty sum (I believe somewhere around €60-80m). He was linked to AC Milan and a move to China if I recall correctly. He didn't kick up a fuss like Dembele did (and as he would in the winter transfer window) so I get why that would not have registered in England.
So in short, Aubameyang definitely was in the market that summer but the asking price was steep.

redshaw

Recent reports all suggest that we actually decided against pursuing him because of his transfer fee. That will only get bigger this season by the looks of it. This one is quite probably already over for us. To make matters worse, top 4 is looking like it'd take an absolute miracle already with our form and paper thin squad.

He is without doubt the player that we need. I really don't see an alternative that will bring the same qualities. We should have made it happen if possible this summer.
Yep, even if somehow things go well for United, we get top four and Ole is looking good as a manager by the end of the season, I doubt United would pay around 120+ million but there's 3 other clubs that have already done so.

In Rainbows

I think that Sancho will go to Real or Barca. We can just forget about him coming here.
Barca is out of the picture for me. They already have Griezman, Dembele, Messi, and Suarez.Real Madrid is the more likelier option.

Neymar or Mbappe are the key factors in this Sancho race. There's talk that Real Madrid really want Mbappe and if that's their goal it will take them out of the running for Sancho. It's the same with Neymar though now that is looking very unlikely.

Hawks2008

Well... If you believe what David Ornstein said in May. Then Sancho prefers a move to Man Utd if he was to return to England.
Don't see him joining a a team on course to miss European football all together next season.

lsd

The Oracle
Can't wait to he signs for City or Liverpool so this delusion finally ends

pascell

Can't wait to he signs for City or Liverpool so this delusion finally ends
You can't wait until he signs for a competitor and furthers strengthens them, whilst we don't strengthen a position we need to, just so then the 'delusion finally ends'. Solid logic.

lsd

The Oracle
You can't wait until he signs for a competitor and furthers strengthens them, whilst we don't strengthen a position we need to, just so then the 'delusion finally ends'. Solid logic.

Yes i usually dont mind the muppet threads but the amount of delusion iv seen in this one is beyond belief. Whether its insulting fans of his present club for believing he is happy there and not at United to this absurd fantasy of he loves United and cannot wait to get here and play with his best friends in the world.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I agree, but it's better to have low hopes and be pleasantly surprised (in this case, elated) than to have high hopes spectacularly dashed.
But it’s so evident that this is what it is. Some sort of emotional defence mechanism. And it’s rife with the negativity across the forum in general, particularly with transfers tbh. There are those who go around putting the club down and being negative about everything, but it’s not based on any facts or information, it’s because they can’t emotionally deal with being positive, not without guarantees, which is not football.

What will be will be, in the meantime, let’s just be honest and say that we would like United to sign Jadon Sancho, because we would. I think grown men should be able to confront and deal with that reality, regardless of what happens. It’s only football like.

Last edited:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yes i usually dont mind the muppet threads but the amount of delusion iv seen in this one is beyond belief. Whether its insulting fans of his present club for believing he is happy there and not at United to this absurd fantasy of he loves United and cannot wait to get here and play with his best friends in the world.
I have read some stupid and uninformed opinions here and was a bit amused of how sure some were that he would join you in the last transfer window. Still I feel you are going a bit far with your negativity on this. I think it is quite likely that Sancho will move next summer and I also see United as a potential destination for him. To me it is neither set in stone that he will go to United nor that he won't. I think it is fine for people to be hoping for him to come especially since the present day performances don't seem too fun. So let them hope and if it puts you off so much just don't read the thread? I think if you don't read here for the next half year you won't have missed much.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
But it’s so evident that this is what it is. Some sort of emotional defence mechanism. And it’s rife with the negativity across the forums in general, particularly with transfers tbh. There are those who go around putting the club down and being negative about everything, but it’s not based on any facts or information, it’s because they can’t emotionally deal with being positive.

What will be will be, in the meantime, let’s just be honest and say that we would like United to sign Jadon Sancho, because we will. I think grown men should be able to confront and deal with that reality, regardless of what happens. It’s only football like.
A rare post of rational clarity in a sea of negative bullshit.

RedDevilRoshi

Liverpool ITK's saying they're making a big push for him.
I can only see them having a chance of getting Sancho if one of Salah, Firminio, Mane leave.

Personally think it is between us and Chelsea, maybe City to sign him next season. Plus can’t rule out either Barcelona or Real Madrid. Whoever out of those two don’t manage to land Neymar, will surely be looking at Jadon as an alternative.

Last edited:

kerryman

I can only see them having a chance of getting Sancho if one of Salah, Firminio, Mane leave.

Personally think it is between us and Chelsea, maybe City to sign him next season. Plus can’t rule out either Barcelona or Real Madrid. Whoever out of those two don’t manage to land Neymar, will surely be looking at Jadon as an alternative.
Anyone who thinks he would want to join us is delusional! So many make it sounds like we have it all wrapped up and just have to say the word and he'll be here. Why would he join us, we are a mess at the moment and look to be heading backwards rather than forwards.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, if you believe him & listen to the podcast what he said completely then I expect you already know that was because we looked great when Ole is on a wheel. Unfortunately we looks completely different to that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.