Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well, if you believe him & listen to the podcast what he said completely then I expect you already know that was because we looked great when Ole is on a wheel. Unfortunately we looks completely different to that now.
Well... I haven't given up on the season just yet after only 4 games unlike some.

Seb burrow

You offer him enough money and he will seriously consider us.
But then you have a Sanchez situation all over again, He’d be coming to the club with the wrong intentions. And that’s not what we need or want.

For us to pull someone of his talent we must be in the champions league and become an attractive club again. Even then we’d most likely struggle.

Unfortunately little gems (James) and poaching players from teams around us are our level. Not the top dogs, unless it’s greed purposes.

In my opinion I can’t see this one being pulled off (hope I’m wrong) but if United seriously want this lad we MUST put in a serious offer in January, even if he doesn’t officially sign till the summer, abit like the deal Dortmund did with Chelsea for Pulisic because you know clubs like Barcelona, Madrid, PSG and Chelsea will be all over him when they have the ability to do so.

But we all know Ed will balls it up like he does. The guys useless.

izec

we have a chance, it depends on our season though. A lot can happen til next summer, lets wait and see. I doubt we will know more until May/June

reddevilchennai

I think we are going to discuss a lot of Sancho in this thread with lots of optimism of him joining us. But it will break our heart when this guy joins Liverpool or City.

For us to sign we need to do thwo things.
1) Make an offer in Jan and let him play until the summer with Dortmund
2) Make him an offer he can't refuse

I do not care about the salary. People will say this is Sanchez suituation all over but I don't care. What I see in him is that he is a fantastic talent and will run down our RW for another 10 years. Pay whatever he needs to move him over here.

Last edited by a moderator:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It would piss me off if he joined Liverpool, but I could see why he would. Strong team and plenty of game time you'd imagine, if they changed things up a little bit. I think Klopp is terrified of changing anything though, so would he switch his front 3 around to accommodate Sancho?

City would be tempting for obvious reasons, plus probably has friends there, but more chance of not playing if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Our best bet is hoping he feels some kind of pull to United, perhaps because of his mates here.

Alexit

I hope we land this lad, he looks like some player! He would easily walk into the starting RW position and reduce our reliance on Lingard there. But this seems to be one of those obvious transfers that won't happen. I don't see him unseating anyone at City or Pool. Why leave for what will probably be your final career destination to sit on the bench?. Arsenal and Chelsea are covered there (RW), and, come now, it's Spurs lads.

Maybe being weak does have its advantages if it puts you in pole position to land you a talent like this. But somehow, someway, we're going to screw this up aren't we? :rolleyes:

Number4.

I think he will be top of the list when Liverpool agree a deal with Nike (which is nearly done by all accounts) - he is one of their key stable members and would fit well at Liverpool.

Timing wise it makes sense for them as well as I suspect they will cash in on Salah or Mane before they are 30 - possibly hoping for one more season out of both.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think we are going to discuss a lot of Sancho in this thread with lots of optimism of him joining us. But it will break our heart when this guy joins Liverpool or City.

For us to sign we need to do thwo things.
1) Make an offer in Jan and let him play until the summer with Dortmund
2) Make him an offer he can't refuse

I do not care about the salary. People will say this is Sanchez suituation all over but I don't care. What I see in him is that he is a fantastic talent and will run down our RW for another 10 years. Pay whatever he needs to move him over here.
There's no place for him at Liverpool. City is a genuine option as he would replace Sane in the squad.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I hope we land this lad, he looks like some player! He would easily walk into the starting RW position and reduce our reliance on Lingard there. But this seems to be one of those obvious transfers that won't happen. I don't see him unseating anyone at City or Pool. Why leave for what will probably be your final career destination to sit on the bench?. Arsenal and Chelsea are covered there (RW), and, come now, it's Spurs lads.

Maybe being weak does have its advantages if it puts you in pole position to land you a talent like this. But somehow, someway, we're going to screw this up aren't we? :rolleyes:
Yep

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Liverpool ITK's saying they're making a big push for him.
I've said it once or twice but I do think he's going to be their balls out big target next summer. :nervous: They spent nothing this year, and I really do think one of Salah/Mane will move to Madrid. Their fisticuffs last weekend could just be seen as the competitive nature between the two etc. but I think Salah has picked up a bit of a Ronaldo type ego after becoming such a potent scorer.

IIRC, his leave from Fiorentina and Roma were both a little bit messy, no?

Redo91

Like i said a while ago, Liverpool and City will be more attractive to him than us. We needed a strong summer and a solid season.
Jesus it’s only four games in. How do you know we won’t have a solid season? No doubt we have issues but the only two teams in the league that don’t are Liverpool and City so top 4 is there for the taking. If we got that there’s nothing to say he won’t join.

The sort of money he would cost is far higher than City and Liverpool have ever spent on one player so they may not even be interested in getting into an auction.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well... I haven't given up on the season just yet after only 4 games unlike some.
It’s not about giving up or no. You are getting ahead of yourself already thinking Sancho will choose us but the season is still long way to go.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I never spoke in certainty so can't have got ahead of myself.
I view it as you spoke in excitement which you got ahead of yourself and I’m trying to remind you of something to avoid you getting ahead of yourself. Don’t know what’s the issue why are you making it into argument when I’m trying to help not arguing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I view it as you spoke in excitement which you got ahead of yourself and I’m trying to remind you of something to avoid you getting ahead of yourself. Don’t know what’s the issue why are you making it into argument when I’m trying to help not arguing.
You are jumping to assumptions which i'm happy to correct. And the only people getting ahead of themselves are the ones who are jumping to conclusions after 4 league games.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You are jumping to assumptions which i'm happy to correct. And the only people getting ahead of themselves are the ones who are jumping to conclusions after 4 league games.
And what makes you said that? Oops, that’s only your assumption.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And what makes you said that? Oops, that’s only your assumption.
What makes me say that? Have you been following the thread?

Your first response to me regarding what Ornstein said and various other insinuations made by other posters after 4 league games is what I call getting ahead of ones self.

Maybe you can show me where I got ahead of myself regarding Sancho?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If we can build a young exciting attack by the end of the season he may be tempted to join that. If we've got the same old stale attack with boring players doing nothing, it's not very enticing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What makes me say that? Have you been following the thread?

Your first response to me regarding what Ornstein said and various other insinuations made by other posters after 4 league games is what I call getting ahead of ones self.

Maybe you can show me where I got ahead of myself regarding Sancho?
You are just making assumption by saying “is what I call...” what you call or what you think doesn’t mean it’s right but assumption because in reality it is not called getting ahead of ones self.

Since you are jumping into assumption which I’m happy to correct you. I don’t care about others so it’s your issue to argue with them if they are getting ahead of the self. My first response doesn’t jump into conclusions based on 4 games, I was trying to tell you that let’s not overexcited yourself and the reader that we are going to get Sancho. The reason I said this because Ornstein quoted was more than just Sancho will choose us over other clubs in PL, there are more reasons into it and it means there is still possibility that we are not getting him, especially if we don’t perform like “Ole’s at his wheel’’ (10 win in 13 league games) which clearly we aren’t performing like that because they were performance of title winner.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I honestly don't think he'll return to the UK on his next transfer, I'd expect him to go to Madrid or Barca.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You are just making assumption by saying “is what I call...” what you call or what you think doesn’t mean it’s right but assumption because in reality it is not called getting ahead of ones self.

Since you are jumping into assumption which I’m happy to correct you. I don’t care about others so it’s your issue to argue with them if they are getting ahead of the self. My first response doesn’t jump into conclusions based on 4 games, I was trying to tell you that let’s not overexcited yourself and the reader that we are going to get Sancho because Ornstein quoted was more than just Sancho will choose us over other clubs in PL, there are more reasons into it and it means there is still possibility that we are not getting him, especially if we don’t perform like “Ole’s at his wheel’’ (10 win in 13 league games) which clearly we aren’t performing like that because they were a performance of title winner.
You told me I was getting ahead of myself over Sancho, where did I get ahead of myself? Do you believe Sancho is a realistic target for Manchester United?

I'm finding it difficult to understand your post in it's entirety but will attempt to answer from the bits I could understand.

I know what Ornstein said, but I also remember the Dortmund hierachy making it plainly clear that he wouldn't be moving under any circumstances in the summer window. But what we can take from what Ornstein said was that if he was to move back to England then United would be his preference.

I've given reasons to why I think Sancho is a realistic signing for us and have clearly not got ahead of myself. I also believe we'll finish above both Chelsea and Arsenal in the league table which I believe will get us back into the Champions League.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You told me I was getting ahead of myself over Sancho, where did I get ahead of myself? Do you believe Sancho is a realistic target for Manchester United?
You always argue aye? Never happy?

You told me that it was my assumption and you are correcting it so I let you go with whatever you think to make you happy and you are still trying to go back to it to make argument about it.

Yes it’s still realistic doesn’t mean it’s not realistic that he chooses other PL club over us. Not sure why are you even asking that question, I never said we aren’t getting Sancho.

I'm finding it difficult to understand your post in it's entirety but will attempt to answer from the bits I could understand.

I know what Ornstein said, but I also remember the Dortmund hierachy making it plainly clear that he wouldn't be moving under any circumstances in the summer window. But what we can take from what Ornstein said was that if he was to move back to England then United would be his preference.
I tried to keep it simple and you started making assumption which I never meant to say it. When I made it into detail, you are getting confused. I’ll put them into dot points.

• I don’t care about other poster so it’s your issue to argue with them
  • I was telling you that you overexcited yourself & the reader about Sancho based on non full context of Ornstein’s quote.
  • My first response wasn’t about jumping into conclusion based on 4 games. My first response was telling you that there are still some good possibility that Sancho chooses other PL clubs over us
I've given reasons to why I think Sancho is a realistic signing for us and have clearly not got ahead of myself. I also believe we'll finish above both Chelsea and Arsenal in the league table which I believe will get us back into the Champions League.
Again this is what it’s called getting ahead of yourself. You believe on something without any evidence.

Sancho can still coming back to City if they sell Sane to Bayern & City will be in hunting for a top winger and Sancho is one of the top winger.

Sancho is interested to join us when our form was Ole’s at his wheel form which was 10 wins in 13 games and it was a title challenger form. Getting CL next season still gives us good possibility losing Sancho to other PL clubs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You always argue aye? Never happy?

You told me that it was my assumption and you are correcting it so I let you go with whatever you think to make you happy and you are still trying to go back to it to make argument about it.

Yes it’s still realistic doesn’t mean it’s not realistic that he chooses other PL club over us. Not sure why are you even asking that question, I never said we aren’t getting Sancho.

I tried to keep it simple and you started making assumption which I never meant to say it. When I made it into detail, you are getting confused. I’ll put them into dot points.

• I don’t care about other poster so it’s your issue to argue with them
  • I was telling you that you overexcited yourself & the reader about Sancho based on non full context of Ornstein’s quote.
  • My first response wasn’t about jumping into conclusion based on 4 games. My first response was telling you that there are still some good possibility that Sancho chooses other PL clubs over us

Again this is what it’s called getting ahead of yourself. You believe on something without any evidence.

Sancho can still coming back to City if they sell Sane to Bayern & City will be in hunting for a top winger and Sancho is one of the top winger.

Sancho is interested to join us when our form was Ole’s at his wheel form which was 10 wins in 13 games and it was a title challenger form. Getting CL next season still gives us good possibility losing Sancho to other PL clubs.
I always argue but it was you who responded to me..:lol:

It's also quite obvious to me from your posts that English isn't your first language hence I understand why you're confused.

Firstly I never got ahead of myself and all I asked you to do was show me where I did. Can you show me the post where i'm getting ahead of myself? That hopefully shouldn't be too difficult for you and will clear up the confusion in your head.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I always argue but it was you who responded to me..:lol:
Because I’m trying to tell you that you don’t need to make a big deal of it.

It's also quite obvious to me from your posts that English isn't your first language hence I understand why you're confused.
Or you are just lazy reading long sentence.

Firstly I never got ahead of myself and all I asked you to do was show me where I did. Can you show me the post where i'm getting ahead of myself? That hopefully shouldn't be too difficult for you and will clear up the confusion in your head.
If you read my previous post again then you will get the answer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Because I’m trying to tell you that you don’t need to make a big deal of it.

Or you are just lazy reading long sentence.

If you read my previous post again then you will get the answer.
And who on earth are you to tell me not to make a big deal out of it? Any poster on here can quite clearly see I didn't make a big deal out of it apart from yourself.

I did read your previous post and it seems you're having difficulties with my view that Sancho is a realistic signing for the biggest club in England and we'll finish in the top 4. Where am I getting ahead of myself again?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And who on earth are you to tell me not to make a big deal out of it? Any poster on here can quite clearly see I didn't make a big deal out of it apart from yourself.
You are making an argument of something that isn’t needed to be. While I’m trying to avoid the argument because I know we don’t need to argue about it.

I did read your previous post and it seems you're having difficulties with my view that Sancho is a realistic signing for the biggest club in England and we'll finish in the top 4. Where am I getting ahead of myself again?
I can tell from these 2 sentences you didn’t read my post fully. If you read it, you will get the answer of your question.

And again you are still on with it. You either read the post or move on since you said you didn’t make a big deal out of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You are making an argument of something that isn’t needed to be. While I’m trying to avoid the argument because I know we don’t need to argue about it.

I can tell from these 2 full sentence you didn’t read my post. If you read it, you will get the answer of your question.

And again you are still on with it. You either read the post properly or move on since you said you didn’t make a big deal out of it.
If you feel you don't want a argument/discussion then maybe you shouldn't directly @ people like myself who like to respond to people in a friendly manner.

Sancho couldn't wait to get out of City at 17 and left the club pretty much pissed off. Guardiola also made some comments when Sancho left that wouldn't have gone down well with the player. City have also been heavily linked Mikel Oyarzabal who they see as a replacement for Sane. I would be surprised if Sancho goes back to City whilst Guardiola is still there.

It was pretty clear from what Zorc and Watzke said last season that he wouldn't be leaving no matter how high the offer. But I think United have the prestige and financial power to entice him to the club. The personnel in the United dressing room are also gonna be a deciding factor especially for a 19 year old English player.

Inter Yer Nan

It would piss me off if he joined Liverpool, but I could see why he would. Strong team and plenty of game time you'd imagine, if they changed things up a little bit. I think Klopp is terrified of changing anything though, so would he switch his front 3 around to accommodate Sancho?

City would be tempting for obvious reasons, plus probably has friends there, but more chance of not playing if he doesn't hit the ground running.

Our best bet is hoping he feels some kind of pull to United, perhaps because of his mates here.
It would be sickening to see him join Liverpool. With Klopp's recent comments, it would appear 2022 will be when he leaves. Then it's feasible that they will be struggling again as they try Gerrard as manager and probably become where we are at now for a while.

I'm hoping that our profile of signings like AWB, Magure, James and then hopefully Maddison, Longstaff (if he can develop further this year) for example could possibly help persuade him that we are on the right path and given our profile as the biggest club in the country and we can pay whatever, that will have him wanting us most.

TheReligion

Abusive
Seeing as we are happy to post negative shit sources when it involves United...

Reports today from Don Balon state Sancho has given United his word on a move to the club and will cost about €100m.

In all seriousness I think we have as much chance of signing him as anyone else, especially if he decides on a move to the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.