Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

If he didn’t wanna come last summer because of no CL then why will it be any different next summer?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If he didn’t wanna come last summer because of no CL then why will it be any different next summer?
Looking back with hindsight, it didn't make sense for him to jump ship after only his first full season at first team level. Would've been a strange decision considering he's only 19.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be honest, even with CL it still doesn’t mean we will get him.

What some people don’t realise and struggle to admit is that Sancho was interested to join us because we were playing amazing winning 10 league games in 13 league games. It was a title challenger performance. Getting CL only doesn’t make him will choose over any other PL club. He could still be interested in joining City even if we get CL because we are still playing nowhere near to title challenger.

On top of that, he just signed a new contract to 190k p/w with Dortmund. The only other way for us to get him is with money if we sell Pogba for 150m or something, use the same money to get him from Dortmund to convince them to sell and offer the same as Pogba’s wages to convince him to come.

Vissy

I would like to disagree a little bit. I think we can 100% get Sancho with or without CL football. This is a big club and Sancho would be like 20 years old at most next summer? It would be an amazing move for a young player like him to become Manchester United's first-choice wide forward. I think he'd take that opportunity with both hands if it was presented to him. No other big club comparable to us in the world currently needs wide forwards who would be given as much playing time and responsibility as we would be willing to give him.

Reactions: golden_blunder

FirminoTeeth

Supports
Liverpool
I would like to disagree a little bit. I think we can 100% get Sancho with or without CL football. This is a big club and Sancho would be like 20 years old at most next summer? It would be an amazing move for a young player like him to become Manchester United's first-choice wide forward. I think he'd take that opportunity with both hands if it was presented to him. No other big club comparable to us in the world currently needs wide forwards who would be given as much playing time and responsibility as we would be willing to give him.
This seems like clutching at straws... not gonna happen... same reason as why de ligt didn't happen

Hawks2008

The meltdowns in this thread if he doesn't join us will be something else.

Don't see it happening without CL football.

TsuWave

On top of that, he just signed a new contract to 190k p/w with Dortmund. The only other way for us to get him is with money if we sell Pogba for 150m or something, use the same money to get him from Dortmund to convince them to sell and offer the same as Pogba’s wages to convince him to come.
:confused:

why would we need to sell Pogba to buy him and offer him competitive wages?

Our net spend was modest and our wage bill has shrunk. why would a potential move for Sancho be dependent on selling Pogba/Pogba’s wages specifically?

Such a random argument

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Our net spend was modest and our wage bill has shrunk. why would a potential move for Sancho be dependent on selling Pogba/Pogba’s wages specifically?

Such a random argument
Let's say if Sancho will cost between 120m-150m. Do you think our board willing to spend more money than what they set in their budget? Because we also need to spend more cash on midfield, attacker & potentially strengthen the defense again. The point is that we might be forced to sell our best players just to get more cash to land another top player that we need.

Of course if we sell Pogba, the board will have no choice but be forced using the money on a top player that includes the wages to convince Sancho to join. And Sancho is one of the top player.

Le Red

So be it. He'll be twice the player Pogba ever was.

Garebo

Such a random argument
Because we need 4-5 players and we won't spend 300m without selling.

Suv666

Depends on who is in for him next season. If the likes of Bayern, PSG or Juventus get involved no chance of signing him. Should have gone all in for him this window.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Can anyone honestly see the Glazers spending north of £100 million on any single player?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Can anyone honestly see the Glazers spending north of £100 million on any single player?
They just spent what was it £80-90m on a center back, so if someone like Sancho was available for north of £100m pounds then yes definitely.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
I am pretty sure Chelsea would be interested in Sancho. May go all in for him next summer. But yeah dont see us landing him though with all the competition and us likely missing out on CL next season.

Hughie77

The boy would thrive at OT, he's a big time player for me, fits the bill of young ones, get him in Jan if we can go all out for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The boy would thrive at OT, he's a big time player for me, fits the bill of young ones, get him in Jan if we can go all out for him.
No chance at all he comes here mid season I doubt.

jackal&hyde

Let's say if Sancho will cost between 120m-150m. Do you think our board willing to spend more money than what they set in their budget? Because we also need to spend more cash on midfield, attacker & potentially strengthen the defense again. The point is that we might be forced to sell our best players just to get more cash to land another top player that we need.

Of course if we sell Pogba, the board will have no choice but be forced using the money on a top player that includes the wages to convince Sancho to join. And Sancho is one of the top player.
Players like Smalling and Sanchez are on loan and could make their moves permanent, so that would bring in some cash. We also have players like Jones, Rojo and Matic that could be leaving next summer, bringing in more money. I can see at least 50 mil from that plus say 150 budget gives you 200. With that i think you can buy Sancho plus a midfielder.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Players like Smalling and Sanchez are on loan and could make their moves permanent, so that would bring in some cash. We also have players like Jones, Rojo and Matic that could be leaving next summer, bringing in more money. I can see at least 50 mil from that plus say 150 budget gives you 200. With that i think you can buy Sancho plus a midfielder.
You're making it sound like too easy, besides Sancho and a midfielder is still nowhere near enough.

Sp00ks11

A player I would love at United, but there is not a hope in hell he signs for us. This will be like De Ligt and Dybala all over again for the transfer Muppets. Zaha is much more attainable or Ziyech.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s not how it works though. And also it probably doesn’t work as per plan.

Raw

Or we buy 150m worth of players and sell 50m because Woody wants to get our net spend to a maximum of 100m.

romufc

Buying Jadon Sancho has multiple permutations which are probably way too complicated for the Manutd board.

First, we need to finish top 4 to have a chance to get him to the negotiation table.

Secondly, we have to do the business early before a bidding war breaks out.. very unlikely. Negotiating with Dortmund wont be easy.

Lastly, why would a player want to play for our fan group at the moment? He is mates with Lingard / Rashford and the amount of criticism they get rightly or wrongly compare to his mates at Chelsea CHO and Abraham who are fan favourites at the moment.

lsd

The Oracle
Buying Jadon Sancho has multiple permutations which are probably way too complicated for the Manutd board.

First, we need to finish top 4 to have a chance to get him to the negotiation table.

Secondly, we have to do the business early before a bidding war breaks out.. very unlikely. Negotiating with Dortmund wont be easy.

Lastly, why would a player want to play for our fan group at the moment? He is mates with Lingard / Rashford and the amount of criticism they get rightly or wrongly compare to his mates at Chelsea CHO and Abraham who are fan favourites at the moment.

Plus he is a Chelsea fan so yes he wouldn't want to play for us . There is absolutely no chance of him signing for United .

If Chelsea don't get him it will be City or Liverpool

LVGSdive

Plus he is a Chelsea fan so yes he wouldn't want to play for us . There is absolutely no chance of him signing for United .

I think he will end up in Madrid. Especially after they didn't get Neymar and the fact that they already wanted to sign him and Sancho said he would be interested in playing in La Liga.

romufc

Chelsea have not spent much, with everyone comparing us to Chelsea this season when we had the chance to get ahead of them.. this was a MISSED chance because Chelsea will spend big.

RkkMan

Not that we have that big a chance of signing the lad but him being a "Chelsea fan" means jackshit. Ramsey was a Utd fan but Arsenal still got him ahead of us and the player didn't give a damn about being a Utd supporter to join Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.