Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseunited

So says Darmesh Sheth who knows feck all about anything. Granted this transfer saga has been a shambles but if you're going to hang on this idiots every word then you really are a muppet. This is the same guy who was saying we were nearly there at the beginning of August.
Complete and utter fraud of a sports correspondent.

L1nk

And what they wanted was too much? If Dortmund dont budge then he doesnt move. We dont have to bow down to Dortmund
Then that's that? You act like how dare Dortmund demand this price for their player, we are the mighty Manchester United. He's their player, under contract, they have every right to demand whatever amount they want for him. If we felt like it was too much then we should have moved on, simple as that. It's the clubs failing again for having absolutely no knowledge or ability of how this works, for people who claim to be bankers they aren't half absolutely abysmal at dealing with money and negotiations. Dortmund hold all the power here.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

And just like that, we've gone and pissed off the best available option in the most under-resourced area of the pitch.

Genuinely feel for Ole here man. He gets us Top 4 with the worst Utd squad in 30 years and this is how they repay him.
:lol:

Mercurial

But you don’t do that until the club makes an official approach.
BVB seem to have insisted on intermediaries, and shot down anything other than hard cash upfront full price. Chanses are they got soft offers full price structured deal as rumored and wouldn't budge 1mm and we didn't officiate knowing they wouldn't accept. Who really knows what went down tbh it's a strange one. Obvious BVB think he will fetch a better price next season and he himself is fine with that and his rumored 190m€ pay raise offsets desire to move ASAP.

Matt6677

Surely he is not at the top of our priority list

We need a fecking boss at CB. A Ramos like player.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't know if we know this as fact. United could equally be bemused at Dortmund's approach to the negotiations, for example the insistence of using intermediaries and deadlines being set while we are still playing in the previous season, etc.

Operationally and perhaps structurally we need to improve, that is clear. I just don't think that Dortmund's "word" on this transfer is proof of that, especially in the context of a record transfer which we are unlikely able to afford at this time.
If you believe in briefs then what we've done is foolhardy and driven expectations to levels we cannot match, further to that, if we're not prepared to pay, kill the story. If it's brinksmaship, keep your cards close to your chest.

What Dortmund do on their end, if not perpetuated by us, is a different kettle of fish. Observing our own conduct, especially if we then don't come out with the player, it has been a shambles.

UnRational

So says Darmesh Sheth who knows feck all about anything. Granted this transfer saga has been a shambles but if you're going to hang on this idiots every word then you really are a muppet. This is the same guy who was saying we were nearly there at the beginning of August.
Agree absolute fraud getting paid to spout shit

Not you @Adnan :)

Hansa

Dortmund have also been completely unreasonable if reports are to be believed. Setting a completely unrealistic valuation on a player who is fantastically talented but has had two good seasons and is, as of yet unproven. And all of this could be forgiven if we weren’t in the midst of a financially crippling global pandemic and BvB being completely inflexible even with the structure of the bonkers fee they’re demanding. They have not shown a willingness to budge one inch.
He's their player. They can be as unreasonable and set any valuation as they wish. It's not their job to accomodate us.

cyberman

Then that's that? You act like how dare Dortmund demand this price for their player, we are the mighty Manchester United. He's their player, under contract, they have every right to demand whatever amount they want for him. If we felt like it was too much then we should have moved on, simple as that. It's the clubs failing again for having absolutely no knowledge or ability of how this works, for people who claim to be bankers they aren't half absolutely abysmal at dealing with money and negotiations. Dortmund hold all the power here.
Of course they do, but we dont magically have to pay what they demand, as we havent.
Look at the long list of other clubs willing to pay 108m for him...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We clearly can’t afford it or don’t want to risk spending that sort of cash with no fans in the stadium for over a year. Is sancho worth buying if we go bankrupt?

if we have to step back for a year then go again next summer so be it.

choccy77

We clearly can’t afford it or don’t want to risk spending that sort of cash with no fans in the stadium for over a year. Is sancho worth buying if we go bankrupt?

if we have to step back for a year then go again next summer so be it.
The club will not go bankrupt and also there are i'm sure plenty of buyers, the only issue is the Glazers are making a mint each year from their ownership, so have no need to sell while it continues.

Fridge chutney

If you believe in briefs then what we've done is foolhardy and driven expectations to levels we cannot match, further to that, if we're not prepared to pay, kill the story. If it's brinksmaship, keep your cards close to your chest.

What Dortmund do on their end, if not perpetuated by us, is a different kettle of fish. Observing our own conduct, especially if we then don't come out with the player, it has been a shambles.
I agree with all of this. It doesn't really matter what Dortmund do. If we can't afford the target, we need to move on and focus on other areas: alternatives to Sancho and strengthening elsewhere on the pitch where we desperately need (CB, DM, Fullbacks).

If none of this is done by the end of the window, regardless of how Dortmund have conducted themselves or what they say, the club needs a operational restructure and new people conducting transfers/scouting/negotiations.

For what it's worth, my hopes are low, and I'm not optimistic about the new season or direction under the current set-up. A few things drastically need to change.

Jack-C20

Didn’t the bemused thing come out weeks ago? To be honest, aren’t we all a bit bemused about how we do our transfer dealings anyway?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

And just like that, we've gone and pissed off the best available option in the most under-resourced area of the pitch.

Genuinely feel for Ole here man. He gets us Top 4 with the worst Utd squad in 30 years and this is how they repay him.
So, we spent weeks negotiating wages and agent fees instead of agreeing the deal with the club which gave us an actual deadline to agree the deal or they won't talk after. Than proclaimed that the date is arbitrary. You would assume (even if you think they would accept some kind of deal later) to seriously try and finish it in time just in case they meant it seriously.

Considering we still didn't send the official offer, we are either unprepared to pay the fee or think they will give us the player for less money just before the window closes. Can't say that looks as some brilliant plan tbh.

SmallCaine

Thats a different matter. I dont blame United for trying to negotiate and they should have somebody else lined up but this mockery of Utd for refusing to pay 108m is over the top.
No one's mocking utd because we refuse to pay 108 mn.

If I go into a shop and after the 10th time of the owner telling me no discount, I need to either pay up or get out if I keep haggling, people will mock me.

GameOn

This really seems to be lost on some. If we don't like it, lump it and leave.
It's really baffling, that many of our fans really think it's Dortmund's duty to bend over and accept whatever we're offering.

It's the other way around folks.

He's their player, he's obviously happy in that young team and he's under contract for another 3 seasons.

Dortmund can ask whatever price they want to ask. It's solely on our board to either just refuse their demands and look for an alternative or simply pay up.

However, we somehow managed to butcher this completely ...

RUCK4444

No one's mocking utd because we refuse to pay 108 mn.

If I go into a shop and after the 10th time of the owner telling me no discount, I need to either pay up or get out if I keep haggling, people will mock me.
I’d have you removed by the police after the fifth time...

Funny thing is we’ve not even offered any amount, to haggle you have to offer something.

Ed is just looking through the window with a sad face, fecking window shopper, nothing worse.

SmallCaine

I’d have you removed by the police after the fifth time...

Funny thing is we’ve not even offered any amount, to haggle you have to offer something.

Ed is just looking through the window with a sad face, fecking window shopper, nothing worse.
Why do you think they involved intermediaries instead of dealing directly with judge and co.

saint Jose

Beyond embarrassing at this stage.

Apparently the biggest club in the world but they've signed one player, all other teams have been more than competitive on the field and with signings.
Completely agree, why the feck are people blaming Dortmund here who have done nothing wrong? They have a price, are not desperate to sell, Sancho is happy there .
Dortmund are in the position of power here and not a league 2 club yet Woodward with his hubris thinks Man Utd hold all of the cards and 'small' Dortmund can be strong-armed into a lower price? Insane . All of the blame should be with Woodwards team of useless negotiators and stonewalling communication skills .

This genius happily gave Leicester an obscene £80m for VVD 2.0 Maguire(!) which is £40m too much but one of the greatest young prospects on the planet Sancho is not worth £108m and Dortmund are being unreasonable ?

Patrice Evra is completely correct about the joke post SAF transfer culture at the club which is a total clown show.
2 biggest transfer blunders have taken place over the past 12 months: not selling Pogba for 100m who is not happy at the club and wants insane wages to sign a new contract and not agreeing on the 108m fee for Sancho which now looks like a no deal.

I'm soo angry at the fecking clowns like Woodward and 'soccerball' glazers who run this club!!

redshaw

More bemusing is Dortmund announcing a very short window and end date publicly for a 120 million euro transfer to be sorted, coming out with set in stone he stays and then releasing videos of them interviewing the rest of the squad on it.

I don't recall many clubs acting like that but of course they can do that sort of thing if they want. Seems a strange and prissy way to act though

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
What I genuinely think MUFC should pay for Sancho?

We forked out £80m on Maguire so hard to go below that.

I'd pay £85m and lots of confectionary.

Acquire Me

Bemused? We are going through a global pandemic and they want all up front. It’s normal for any other business to pay in instalments.

One day the tables will turn. It’s cool for young players to join them as a stepping stone, but one day, another club will be more attractive. Then they can feck off being that German shithouse again.

Can7onA

Sky Sports are a fecking joke, if it's not Dharmesh or the bellend that pauses.........after............every.....word, they roll out some unknown Twitter influencer.

Give me strength.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
More bemusing is Dortmund announcing a very short window and end date publicly for a 120 million euro transfer to be sorted, coming out with set in stone he stays and then releasing videos of them interviewing the rest of the squad on it.

I don't recall many clubs acting like that but of course they can do that sort of thing if they want. Seems a strange and prissy way to act though
Yep, that and allegedly insisting we deal with intermediaries not directly with the club. Very strange carry on.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Can't blame Dortmund, if the tables were turned we'd hold out for as much as we could get. Bottom line is are the Glazers willing to pay the fee, Woodward is basically their 'Patsy' so no point in blaming him if they won't pay the fee.

jackal&hyde

This. Plus, Dortmund is the last club that can feel "bemused" about transfers when they use their official channels to be but hurt about players leaving rather then wishing them well, character assassinating others because they want to leave and making artificial deadlines.

Not a fan of our own work in the market but let's not let our frustrations with the club wash over what a small time club Dortmund has became in terms of PR.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Sancho is yet another in a long-line of radically over-hyped and over-valued young players. He's good, but not that good.

I said a similar thing about Pogba - back when many United fans were calling him 'world class' - and generally my view has been proven correct. His impact at United has been patchy and often lacklustre.

I hope that United do blow £108m on Sancho, because IMO he won't have that much effect on team performances and it will severely limit your spending in other areas.
:lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Bemused? We are going through a global pandemic and they want all up front. It’s normal for any other business to pay in instalments.

One day the tables will turn. It’s cool for young players to join them as a stepping stone, but one day, another club will be more attractive. Then they can feck off being that German shithouse again.
Well hopefully every single young player they sign from now on will demand a buy out clause in their contracts.

if it is true that they want the entire fee paid up front, then feck them.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Radiation levels rising quickly here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.