Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Mate, I've just seen one of your posts in another thread saying Dele Alli is a better player than Pogba! Th'at's what I would call getting carried away. It's probably one of the weirdest statements I've read on Redcafe, and that's saying something! I wouldn't even take Dele Alli over Lingard, and Lingard is shite.
What I actually said at the time (when Pogba returned to United) is that Alli showed at least as much potential as Pogba did at the same age. He hasn't lived up to this potential so far, but then nor has Pogba.

Anyhow, I'm done with this, especially the dragging up of Alli in relation to Pogba.

Good luck to United if you sign Sancho for £108m. I think you'd come to regret spending so much on him, but if you do then of course time will tell.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's really baffling, that many of our fans really think it's Dortmund's duty to bend over and accept whatever we're offering.

It's the other way around folks.

He's their player, he's obviously happy in that young team and he's under contract for another 3 seasons.

Dortmund can ask whatever price they want to ask. It's solely on our board to either just refuse their demands and look for an alternative or simply pay up.

However, we somehow managed to butcher this completely ...
It's incredibly frustrating and has not only got the fans on a downer, but the morale of the squad itself.

Depending on how the rest of this window pans out, it might just be the worst one yet for Woodward and co. and that takes some doing, so we thought.

The CL and the money and prestige it brings that they covet so much, is being undone by the transfer activity this window. If it's not Sancho, we've still left ourselves incredibly short to go out and get players who will bolster the 1st xi and enable us to rotate without a drop in standards.

Us not paying the money they want is some way down the list of issues this transfer window has brought to the fore.

buchansleftleg

Nobody trusts the scruffy window shopper, that is Ed, gazing emotionless through the Dortmund shop window, they’d prefer to deal through intermediaries...
Woodward also has a very bad reputation for pulling dick moves like agreeing a price and then coming back to demand a reduction because x and y.

Notice how quickly the VDB transfer went through? Probably because Van der Sar was involved and he is a classy guy.

Woodwards reputation for being a duplicitous negotiator is coming back to bite him bigtime. Like a lot of shabby businessmen he forgot the one true axiom that "my word is my bond" can't be broken without consequences that go on and on and on!

cyberman

a
What I actually said at the time (when Pogba returned to United) is that Alli showed at least as much potential as Pogba did at the same age. He hasn't lived up to this potential so far, but then nor has Pogba.

Anyhow, I'm done with this, especially the dragging up of Alli in relation to Pogba.

Good luck to United if you sign Sancho for £108m. I think you'd come to regret spending so much on him, but if you do then of course time will tell.
This is as ridiculous in 2020 as the last time you said it.
Dont worry Glaston, theres a lot more to pull up as your little windups come back and bite you in the ass. Theres a Jose treasure trove yet to be unlocked.
Not many managers devote their entire halftime team talk to a player sitting on the rivals bench.

RUCK4444

Woodward also has a very bad reputation for pulling dick moves like agreeing a price and then coming back to demand a reduction because x and y.

Notice how quickly the VDB transfer went through? Probably because Van der Sar was involved and he is a classy guy.

Woodwards reputation for being a duplicitous negotiator is coming back to bite him bigtime. Like a lot of shabby businessmen he forgot the one true axiom that "my word is my bond" can't be broken without consequences that go on and on and on!
This is because he has no feckin clue about football, it’s like somebody asking me to negotiate the price of a nuclear submarine.

I have no idea why an ex banker negotiates our signings. It’s a self appointed role because he likes his name in the papers, I’m certain of it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

And just like that, we've gone and pissed off the best available option in the most under-resourced area of the pitch.

Genuinely feel for Ole here man. He gets us Top 4 with the worst Utd squad in 30 years and this is how they repay him.
This is truly the most bizarre of summers and transfer sagas. Impotent describes us well in our pursuit of Sancho.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

:lol:

croadyman

And just like that, we've gone and pissed off the best available option in the most under-resourced area of the pitch.

Genuinely feel for Ole here man. He gets us Top 4 with the worst Utd squad in 30 years and this is how they repay him.
Yeah we have truly humiliated ourselves over this one. so thanks Woody & Judge for turning us into a laughing stock

ReallyUSA

a)pure contrarianism
b)glazer sock puppets
c)dortmund fans
d)woodward himself
e)all of the above
Not really. I wanted, and I mean really wanted, Sancho here. I thought it made perfect sense, and would have been a statement signing that intertwines Man Utd's mission to inject youthful world class talent while flexing the financial might that only few could. When it became abundantly clear we were going to play by Dortmund's rules, and we weren't going to pay their price, I was hurt but hopeful we could find another option. After spikes of false hope after that only for it to go flat sucks as a fan, and I am sure it kind of deflates the players at the club. Woodward and Glazer fans would WANT this transfer to go through to justify their defending of them. For it to fall apart and for people to come out and explain that THEY are the problem... it really is quite embarrassing. Them letting go of a dream that they fumbled, and getting someone else in of quality is the best option right now.

GameOn

It's incredibly frustrating and has not only got the fans on a downer, but the morale of the squad itself.

Depending on how the rest of this window pans out, it might just be the worst one yet for Woodward and co. and that takes some doing, so we thought.

The CL and the money and prestige it brings that they covet so much, is being undone by the transfer activity this window. If it's not Sancho, we've still left ourselves incredibly short to go out and get players who will bolster the 1st xi and enable us to rotate without a drop in standards.

Us not paying the money they want is some way down the list of issues this transfer window has brought to the fore.
Exactly.

Thing is, even if we bring in another promising young winger in those next two weeks (fingers crossed), he will know that he was only an emergency solution and that we still want Sancho as true #1 in the future.

Not exactly the best motivation...

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Are you mad? Of course they'd sell!
No. And no. Not in this window.

But keep believing guys. Just don't go mad on October 5. But in the end it won't happen because United decided he's not good enough or just too expensive or whatever, right? It's all about United's decision, small time club BVB (which has a stronger team than United for almost 10 years) has nothing to say about it.

I just won't comment on these other disrespecting (towards Bundesliga) comments. It's getting boring.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Strange... do not know what to think. Rising covid numbers might force Dortmund to sell. At the same time United might be trying to negotiate an even lower fee.

Member 101269

Strange... do not know what to think. Rising covid numbers might force Dortmund to sell. At the same time United might be trying to negotiate an even lower fee.

Or broken economy no money unable to pay from buying the future..

It’s too risky a deal without cash

dal

Do you think not paying the money is the issue...?
No, I think Dortmund are desperate and have maybe had a hand in releasing this to the press. What better way to pressure the club into buying then to feed on the incompetence of Woodward whether it be true or not.

Biting the hand that may feed you, maybe the play here.

dal

Also the market price is the price at which the willing buyer and willing seller reach.

It’s not the price that the sellers sets, the coc** basteds.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
How is this thread still going? Let’s just lock it and call it a day

Womp

idiot
Also the market price is the price at which the willing buyer and willing seller reach.

It’s not the price that the sellers sets, the coc** basteds.
The market price means nothing to a seller that has no pressing need to sell. It's not that hard a concept to understand. If you're not happy with the value of your asset in the current market, you don't sell. If you get the price you're looking for, you consider it

Red_Orchestra

The only regret that we will have is spending £160m for him next summer transfer window, instead of £108m this transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.