Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eplel

I don’t understand so many posters delighting in this transfer being off, like yay we’re not going to improve!

It seems unlikely at this point admittedly but the train never stops, it just changes destination! CHOO CHOO!
a)pure contrarianism
b)glazer sock puppets
c)dortmund fans
d)woodward himself
e)all of the above

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
There are people here who still think this might happen?? :lol::houllier:
feck knows how. They'd have to be in denial or to quote Pearson "an ostrich with its head in the sand" Kehl, Watzka and Zorc will be absolutely slaughtered if they sell now following the public insistence he is staying. They've said it a few times now, the deadline was clearly genuine, not a bluff. I think he will stay and join next summer, unless Barca or Madrid enter the frame.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'll believe until the window is closed!
#proudostrich

Chief123

Worse goals stats than Son, but significantly better assist stats. However, all Sancho's stats come from the Bundesliga where opposition teams are of generally lower quality compared to the Prem. And his 13 England appearances so far have been OK, but nothing more than this. Of greater relevance, I'm not arguing that Son is worth £108m.

I've seen it all before. People get carried away with fancy tricks and dribbling ... and ignore many other aspects - including "boring" things like professionalism, character, hard work, dedication (I'm not saying that Sancho lacks these things) - of what combines to make a player truly great. This is why a player like Neymar, for all his dribbling ability, is inferior to a player like Kane IMO.
Mate, I've just seen one of your posts in another thread saying Dele Alli is a better player than Pogba! Th'at's what I would call getting carried away. It's probably one of the weirdest statements I've read on Redcafe, and that's saying something! I wouldn't even take Dele Alli over Lingard, and Lingard is shite.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
feck knows how. They'd have to be in denial or to quote Pearson "an ostrich with its head in the sand" Kehl, Watzka and Zorc will be absolutely slaughtered if they sell now following the public insistence he is staying. They've said it a few times now, the deadline was clearly genuine, not a bluff. I think he will stay and join next summer, unless Barca or Madrid enter the frame.
Fergie said he’d never sell Ronaldo to Madrid just as emphatically a few weeks before he did. BVB have done the same several times before. There are so many more examples too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's crazy isn't it? The season ended just about a month ago. The season ended with so much positivity, more positivity than we've had in almost all of the post SAF era, and within that short space of time the atmosphere around the club has plummeted to almost anything as bad as it was under Jose.

I don't understand the club's game here. As you said, if they weren't up for the transfer, briefing early would have led to some discontent, but it would have faded quickly. Allowing it to drag on for this long, while other clubs around us have gotten their business done, has really put the club under the microscope, with so many people criticizing our transfer business, including many of our own legends. It just doesn't make sense how the club have handled this.
It's disturbing on so many levels. It's a spectacular feck up and most of it totally self-inflicted.
Captain America get his neck broken by Thanos in the comics.
The bluntness.

:lol: :lol:

rotherham_red

And just like that, we've gone and pissed off the best available option in the most under-resourced area of the pitch.

Genuinely feel for Ole here man. He gets us Top 4 with the worst Utd squad in 30 years and this is how they repay him.

pascell

And just like that, we've gone and pissed off the best available option in the most under-resourced area of the pitch.

Genuinely feel for Ole here man. He gets us Top 4 with the worst Utd squad in 30 years and this is how they repay him.
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest given the stories that were said on twitter earlier in the window, that's when I gave up all hope of getting him.

The club will never progress to where we once was, simply because we don't have the right people with the right intentions in control.

dal

Yes, bemused why they haven’t paid the £108 million transfer fee, I mean how can a club dare not to pay a fee borussia Dortmund have set.

cyberman

Yes, bemused why they haven’t paid the £108 million transfer fee, I mean how can a club dare not to pay a fee borussia Dortmund have set.
Thats my take. Bemused at not paying an extortionate fee or bemused that Utd could actually say no? This was not a home run saga for us, not in the slightest

Coops73

Don’t know why they’re bemused, I think it’s pretty well known we’ve got utter cnuts running the club.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Isn't it?
That's short-sighted in the extreme. Not only have we pissed off the club, we've wasted a players' time who we've supposedly been after for the best part of two years. Dortmund have assets we would no doubt be in for in the future (Bellingham, Haaland <insert whatever wunderkind comes next>) and yet we're doing everything in our power to sour relations and make future negotiations as difficult as they could be.

Creating a rapport, or destroying one (see Spurs) sets a tone for the future. Our use of the media has led to rebuttals on their end that shouldn't have even needed to be made.

A multi-billion pound organisation has to do better than this - you wouldn't expect this kind of conduct on fecking Spock, ffs.

DanClancy

It didn't stop him signing a new deal last summer did it!
Players generally don't worry about the future. They'll take the easy way of staying put for a huge increase. They presume a team will make it happen down the line somewhere.
I agree but were in strange times, looks like to me he's an ambitious lad who wants to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world and could jeopardise that next summer by signing a new contract given next summer will likely be like this. There's always the option of a buy out clause to keep everyone happy.

Mercurial

Sancho could've downed tools and throw a hissy fit to force or grease a move if he really wanted out , he seem very very very comfy where he is at the moment.

Rolaholic

You and us all Jadon, you and us all

We're run by absolute ass clowns unfortunately

mu4c_20le

What else could it possibly be?
There could be a million reasons behind the scenes that we don't know about. Dortmund never came out and denied the bonus thing did they? That little update says nothing, just more baseless speculation just like the ones 'close' to the deal insist a bid was coming.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm still a bit bemused that Kehl's statement is given such huge significance, when it's the same stuff the club's officials have been saying since August 10th and he has by far the least authority among the management.

How exactly? By not paying what they ask for ?
Maybe it's the daily updates in the British press for a deal that's been pronounced dead over a month ago.

Rolaholic

Sancho could've downed tools and throw a hissy fit to force or grease a move if he really wanted out , he seem very very very comfy where he is at the moment.
Now what good would that have done if we have no interest in paying up??

This gets repeated ad-nauseum in here even though in reality that only works if a club actually receives and refuses an offer mate.

Kicking up a fuss does nothing but hurt the player and piss off the selling club if there isn't any offer on the table or on the horizon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Maybe bemused at the endless links/leaks/"talks" when we never intended on paying the asking fee. Maybe thinking we could get it for lower and still trying despite the deadline/fee.

FreddieTheReddie

Why whould he force a move if we don’t respect him enough to make a proper bid? We agreed in personal terms, have been chasing him for more then a year, probably told him several times that the deal will be done, he can start looking for a nice house in Cheshire... then we fail to agree with the club, even though it was crystal clear how much they wanted.

izec

Woodward and Judge are dumb and dumber when it comes to football transfers. Stick to investment banking lads

cyberman

Why whould he force a move if we don’t respect him enough to make a proper bid? We agreed in personal terms, have been chasing him for more then a year, probably told him several times that the deal will be done, he can start looking for a nice house in Cheshire... then we fail to agree with the club, even though it was crystal clear how much they wanted.
And what they wanted was too much? If Dortmund dont budge then he doesnt move. We dont have to bow down to Dortmund

Mercurial

Now what good would that have done if we have no interest in paying up??

This gets repeated ad-nauseum in here even though in reality that only works if a club actually receives and refuses an offer mate.

Kicking up a fuss does nothing but hurt the player and piss off the selling club if there isn't any offer on the table or on the horizon.
They are very confident with keeping him. 0.0% willing to budge if rumors are true. Wouldn't be the first player to do a dirty and catalyze a move by upping the ante. Bet u for the right club it would have happened.

Fridge chutney

That's short-sighted in the extreme. Not only have we pissed off the club, we've wasted a players' time who we've supposedly been after for the best part of two years. Dortmund have assets we would no doubt be in for in the future (Bellingham, Haaland <insert whatever wunderkind comes next>) and yet we're doing everything in our power to sour relations and make future negotiations as difficult as they could be.

Creating a rapport, or destroying one (see Spurs) sets a tone for the future. Our use of the media has led to rebuttals on their end that shouldn't have even needed to be made.

A multi-billion pound organisation has to do better than this - you wouldn't expect this kind of conduct on fecking Spock, ffs.
I don't know if we know this as fact. United could equally be bemused at Dortmund's approach to the negotiations, for example the insistence of using intermediaries and deadlines being set while we are still playing in the previous season, etc.

Operationally and perhaps structurally we need to improve, that is clear. I just don't think that Dortmund's "word" on this transfer is proof of that, especially in the context of a record transfer which we are unlikely able to afford at this time.

mu4c_20le

Woodward and Judge are dumb and dumber when it comes to football transfers. Stick to investment banking lads
It isn't that difficult to just pay the asking price though. So there's got to be something more than that. And to be honest, I would be pissed if they tried to be clever and went after a lesser replacement. That's not something they are good at.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
But you don’t do that until the club makes an official approach.

SmallCaine

More like bemused by the fact that utd have wasted the player's and the club's time.

SmallCaine

And what they wanted was too much? If Dortmund dont budge then he doesnt move. We dont have to bow down to Dortmund
Their price has been the same for the entire window, if they are unwilling to move on price why haven't we moved on, contrary to what seems to be popular belief among utd decision makers, sancho isn't the world's only rw player.

Denis' cuff

yep - an utter shambles

cyberman

Their price has been the same for the entire window, if they are unwilling to move on price why haven't we moved on, contrary to what seems to be popular belief among utd decision makers, sancho isn't the world's only rw player.
Thats a different matter. I dont blame United for trying to negotiate and they should have somebody else lined up but this mockery of Utd for refusing to pay 108m is over the top.

Irrational.

Dortmund have also been completely unreasonable if reports are to be believed. Setting a completely unrealistic valuation on a player who is fantastically talented but has had two good seasons and is, as of yet unproven. And all of this could be forgiven if we weren’t in the midst of a financially crippling global pandemic and BvB being completely inflexible even with the structure of the bonkers fee they’re demanding. They have not shown a willingness to budge one inch.

So yeah, they can take their ‘bemusement’ and shove it up their ass, the self-righteous, small time, shit bantering, Bayern cucking, player-farming, steppingstone club pricks. They should take a leaf out of Ajax’s books on how to conduct business with decorum and class. I hope we never do business with them ever again, regardless of who they have coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.