Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Orny seems to be speculating, but it doesn't look good.
Only thing I will say is that a few days ago these lot were also saying Telles was looking off.

Brophs

The One and Only
Ed and the boys briefing their thick, creamy briefs all over Jamie Jackson’s tits. Shame that breakthrough on agent’s fees and wages a few weeks back was a figment of our imaginations.

Raw

So when Smalling goes we'll have spent around £20 net. That's a new low even for this board when we're supposed to be rebuilding. These players will be run into the ground by xmas with Mata, Lingard and Dan James being the backups. Long season ahead.
I have a feeling the Bruno transfer in January is also being taken into account, so it'll be £70-80m net for 2020.

Okocha119

As a Dortmund sympathizer, I have always wanted them to sell Sancho. Not only is he a bit of a twat, but he's also had some fitness related issues recently and I'm beginning to think that he may have already peaked. He hasn't taken any huge steps forward in recent time either and is a bit of a fair-weather player anyway, meaning that the team doesn't really rely on him being there too much. I think his value will only go down with time, so selling him now for 100M € would honestly be a good decision, especially in the middle of a huge financial crisis.

But, man, I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good to see people finally lose spirit after constantly insisting that it's happening and everything else is just a negotiation tactic despite eight weeks of absolutely no positive news. You might even say that you love to see it :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
As a Dortmund sympathizer, I have always wanted them to sell Sancho. Not only is he a bit of a twat, but he's also had some fitness related issues recently and I'm beginning to think that he may have already peaked. He hasn't taken any huge steps forward in recent time either and is a bit of a fair-weather player anyway, meaning that the team doesn't really rely on him being there too much. I think his value will only go down with time, so selling him now for 100M € would honestly be a good decision, especially in the middle of a huge financial crisis.

But, man, I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good to see people finally lose spirit after constantly insisting that it's happening and everything else is just a negotiation tactic despite eight weeks of absolutely no positive news. You might even say that you love to see it :lol:
I take it you're not a Man Utd supporter?

Drawfull

Thanks for the contribution.

Lemansky

Its shorts sighted tough. I don’t really care if we sign Sancho. He won’t take us to the next level. But I think, like you, that Dortmund made a huge mistake not selling. His market value is peak now.

Okocha119

I take it you're not a Man Utd supporter?
United are my favourite English team, so you can definitely say that I support them to win the PL. I don't think buying Sancho for 100M would have been that bad for the club, since he does have the tool set and maybe playing at home in what is arguably a more competitive league may have helped in develop more than he will at Dortmund. Plus the club should be able to spend the money without too high of a risk. Bit of a win-win-win in my book.

But seeing people despair over him not coming? Also kind of nice, I have to admit.

DevilsOwn

Whats the Champions League registration rule?

If he plays for BvB in the group stages, can he play for another team - say Chelsea - in the knockouts after a Jan window transfer?
Or - for Spurs - in Europa knockouts?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Its shorts sighted tough. I don’t really care if we sign Sancho. He won’t take us to the next level. But I think, like you, that Dortmund made a huge mistake not selling. His market value is peak now.
Dembele basically spent the last three years being late for training or injured, yet he's still being quoted at around €60m. Sancho is still 20 years old, he won't be written off even if he stagnates a bit next season and his English passports means there will always be someone willing to spend €20m-€30m extra on him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

If he plays for BvB in the group stages, can he play for another team - say Chelsea - in the knockouts after a Jan window transfer?
Yes, he can play for Chelsea or Spurs. That rule was removed. Bruno Fernandes played for both Sporting Lisbon and United in the 19/20 Europa League campaign.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Thank god either way this will be over later on.

Nice to see that Ed is blaming the agents, you know, even though we briefed that we'd had a huge breakthrough with them a while ago. The guy is so incompetent it's unreal

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Don't do this to yourself.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

United are my favourite English team, so you can definitely say that I support them to win the PL. I don't think buying Sancho for 100M would have been that bad for the club, since he does have the tool set and maybe playing at home in what is arguably a more competitive league may have helped in develop more than he will at Dortmund. Plus the club should be able to spend the money without too high of a risk. Bit of a win-win-win in my book.

But seeing people despair over him not coming? Also kind of nice, I have to admit.
In the spirit of 'attacking the post and not the poster' I will kindly tell these posts to do one.

You don't really sound like a United fan at all if you are loving people being disappointed over not signing a player. More like a Dortmund fan than a sympathizer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Stone is saying we turned down a significant offer for James at the weekend. You’d think we could have taken that and used the money there to sign Jadon and still got Dembele on loan. You wouldn’t even have needed to sign Cavani then as it would have freed Mason/Rashford for the striker role. 5 young, potentially world class attackers for 3 positions. That would have been some proper depth and shown real ambition.

Womp

idiot
Thank feck it's over :lol: The club had no intention of paying what was required, that was much obvious for a while now. You had a few posters on here and Mark Goldbridge trying to will it into existence with unwarranted optimism, but the club has made their intentions clear.

I just hope we can get Dembele over the line on loan and that he can remind everyone just how good he is, cause I don't see us going back in for Sancho. Would be a PR nightmare. I also don't see him being so inclined to join us if he has other options.

Dembele, if he can stay fit, could be just as good, if not better though. It's as good a backup option

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What's shite is if we'd smashed our opening 3 games of the season, then met the asking price we'd probably be praised for our ambition.

The fact we need him more after our poor start only means any move today will be seen as demonstrating how poorly run we are.

Which we are, obviously. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People talking about Ole not being able to turn it around for himself, but how do Woodward/Judge change the terrible perception the football world have towards them? Surely that's impossible after the last 7 years.

AndyMUFC

It’s not happening.

It would’ve been nice but I’m not convinced he’s worth 109m in the slightest anyway.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's definitely looking like Dembele or no one. Not sure how i feel about that, as i was dead against it, but given the other options, would it really be that bad of a signing?
Thing is, if we sign Dembele, Sancho is dead in the water completely. That is unless we manage to get Dembele on a loan which is highly unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.