Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

Thank god either way this will be over later on.

Nice to see that Ed is blaming the agents, you know, even though we briefed that we'd had a huge breakthrough with them a while ago. The guy is so incompetent it's unreal
The issue with this concept of briefing is that you can't prove any of it

MiracleInMadrid

Feck this "saga" is one of the worst in the history of Utd.
I agree. Has to be the worst when I think about it actually. Nothing but smoke, and at no point have we looked like a serious club with a competent strategy for making this signing. Almost every press story has been about how poorly we have managed the situation.

If we don't intend on paying the full price, then field a lower but still serious offer early in the window, and if rejected, move on to other prospects. If we are so determined on buying him, we also tell the world that we really need a new winger. That mission is looking like failing right now. If Sancho was a "cherry on the top" kind of signing, I could live with us trying to get the price down and eventually give up. But we desperately need a new first choice and creative outlet on the team.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The issue with this concept of briefing is that you can't prove any of it
The problem with that is, when all reporters are reporting the same thing, within minutes of eachother, only slightly changing the wording, it's pretty obvious where it's come from.
Plus the likes of BBC were reporting it too, and they generally don't report BS

clarkydaz

Stone is saying we turned down a significant offer for James at the weekend. You’d think we could have taken that and used the money there to sign Jadon and still got Dembele on loan. You wouldn’t even have needed to sign Cavani then as it would have freed Mason/Rashford for the striker role. 5 young, potentially world class attackers for 3 positions. That would have been some proper depth and shown real ambition.
if this is true, you might assume we had no intention of paying for him regardless

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Ed and the boys briefing their thick, creamy briefs all over Jamie Jackson’s tits. Shame that breakthrough on agent’s fees and wages a few weeks back was a figment of our imaginations.

That's not a brief.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
We lost the chance to sign a tremendous potential, one of the best in the world. He was perfect for us, but our board didn't tought so.

Hope for a Bruno like situation and sign him in Jan (or Feb for the next year), but I clearly can see some top teams go for him next year

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Anybody who is surprised it didn't happen enjoys being lied to by the UK media.

clarkydaz

That’s the conclusion I’m coming to. An Ed soap opera to feed the masses. Our net is likely to be around 25m so I don’t think the money was ever there.
if it turns out that way, theyve purposely hoodwinked;

Dortmund all summer
the player all summer (now put him in a weird situation)
a fanbase
the manager

crackers0seven

For christ sake you'd think dortumd would have told us he was stay weeks ago.... Stringing us along all this time, totally uncalled for:lol: here's to next summer :houllier:

Brophs

The One and Only
Ed has absolutely kicked the piss out of Sancho's tyres this summer. Roll on next June.

RUCK4444

Anybody who is surprised it didn't happen enjoys being lied to by the UK media.
Nah not really, I've been actively posting about how almost every journo is a clown. You don't have to listen to journo's on this one, Dortmund have actually spoken (with their mouths) that they have been in discussions with United. It's confirmed that we've been in discussions even if you never read a paper or believe a single journo (like myself.)

If it's dead then it's dead but fact remains that we've been in discussions and no statement from the club stating we've wavered in our pursuit of our main target. So why wouldn't people become invested in this?

The know it all's on here are out in force. They seem more angry than the muppets who have backed this from the start.

Nothing more tedious than a 'told you so' or a 'this has been off for weeks' post. Must be said.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I for one am shocked that this isn't happening. What we're all those Happy Sancho Days about then?! Feel betrayed by my fellow caftards

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Sarr or Brooks will be signed after today (domestic window closes 2 weeks later).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There was never going to be any other outcome.
Yeah I think that following that pre August 10th buzz there's been nothing to go on really. People have been getting excited because the transfer felt right. But there's been little happening. All we've been hearing is that we are trying, but not able to meet their valuation.

Varun

Staff
For christ sake you'd think dortumd would have told us he was stay weeks ago.... Stringing us along all this time, totally uncalled for:lol: here's to next summer :houllier:
What the actual feck.

If anything, this was an easy deal to close. Dortmund named a price and made it 100% clear that they'd sell if we paid it and won't if we didn't. This deal should have been closed a month back with us either 1. paying the amount or 2. negotiating a middle ground or 3. Moving the feck on if the first 2 weren't happening and actually getting a RW the squad desperately needed. This entire episode is a 101 on how not to do business. Spent months doing feck all briefs on how we know the asking price, won't pay it, still want the player and refuse to believe the seller actually means it when they've named a price.

We're run by imbeciles who are running us to the fecking ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.