Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

I think he's worth 85 million, not a penny more. We shouldn't give in to Dortmund and their extraordinary price. If he won't come we have Chong and Gomes to step in.

Kag

Looks exactly the sort of player we need on the right. When was the last time we had a proper right winger get in a position like he did for Sterling’s goal the other night, not to mention cross it to the other winger for a tap in? We don’t score goals like that. Irritatingly, City bag about two of them a game.

Break the bank.

ravi2

I think he's worth 85 million, not a penny more. We shouldn't give in to Dortmund and their extraordinary price. If he won't come we have Chong and Gomes to step in.
I'd be very surprised if he goes for under 120m given his age, talent, he plays in a position that we are severely lacking and he is English.

Dembele went for 150m+, I think if we want Sancho it might cost a similar amount

Patrick08

I'd be very surprised if he goes for under 120m given his age, talent, he plays in a position that we are severely lacking and he is English.

Dembele went for 150m+, I think if we want Sancho it might cost a similar amount
Barcelona just received 230 m euros for neymar and acted late on dembele who just moved a year earlier, if we pay that amount we are setting ourselves problems in the future. He is not worth that much money and no one else is putting a huge bid for Sancho expect us probably. Also he is not physically at his best to take us to next level yet anything beyond 80 m euros is not worth it.

Last edited:

davidmichael

I never bother watching international games outside of tournaments these days but did so simply to watch Sancho and watching him the other night made me 100% convinced about him, he played his position brilliantly and at 18 would already add so much to us.

He’s got everything and with the type of fast and fluid front three we're going with Sancho alongside Rashford and Martial is about as perfect as it gets, could realistically play for a decade together too. With Lingard and Lukaku in reserve as well as Chong, Greenwood and Gomes all coming through we’d have a very exciting attack line going forward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He isn't a very good dribbler by any means, his ball control is a bit all over the place sometimes too. He is quite an intelligent player for his age though and his final ball is very good.
He isn't a very good dribbler. He's an excellent dribbler.

ash_86

Yes. 80-85 seems a generous price. Anything more is ridicous money. I'd also like us to throw 50m into CHO if deal with Sancho becomes unreasonable .

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Talk of haggling for Sancho in this thread meanwhile Jones and Rojo will earn £25m during their contracts. No wonder we don't go on spending sprees and always hold onto dead wood.

When a player is this mature at this age the only thing stopping him from becoming a top player is injury. Him and De Ligt are such obvious signings for our weak areas that I expect it not to happen.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Getting Pogba City vibes, 45 pages and absolutely nothing credible (in terms of sources) other than people seeing him being a good fit.
We got confirmation from the horses mouth that Pogba was offered to City, but he would be too expensive (probably due to his long contract and us not wanting to sell). There is nothing close to that for Sancho, just James Ducker and a few social media connections :lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We got confirmation from the horses mouth that Pogba was offered to City, but he would be too expensive (probably due to his long contract and us not wanting to sell). There is nothing close to that for Sancho, just James Ducker and a few social media connections :lol:
I’m talking about the 100 page thread Bluemoon had for Pogba when he was at Juventus, when their fans were getting off on having an ex United player with no source.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’d rather re-sign Depay than Sancho for +80.

How much budget will OGS have this summer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Judas

Open to offers
Resigning Depay is probably the worst suggestion in the thread so far. Especially as he's already flopped here once, and plays in a position we're stacked in.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Depay was proven awful here.
I don't necessarily disagree, but Memphis was shipped out wayyyy too early on a permanent deal. We're generally absolutely shit when selling players. A loan made so much sense at the time, and had we done so and he'd have gone into have the season he's having now we either have a much improved player coming back or a much more valuable one.

crossy1686

career ending
Haven't been convinced by this transfer due to the fee being banded around and not watching the German league on a regular basis, but after seeing him for England I'm convinced. He's a very, very good player and will fit in well with our current bunch and the ones coming through, make it happen Woody!

Judas

Open to offers
I don't necessarily disagree, but Memphis was shipped out wayyyy too early on a permanent deal. We're generally absolutely shit when selling players. A loan made so much sense at the time, and had we done so and he'd have gone into have the season he's having now we either have a much improved player coming back or a much more valuable one.
I do agree with this. I think we should have loaned him out instead of giving up totally.

crossy1686

career ending
I’d rather re-sign Depay than Sancho for +80.

How much budget will OGS have this summer?
We're probably looking at about £200m. Plus whatever outgoings we have will be reinvested you would imagine. Don't think the board are going to accept the City/Liverpool title push this year while we're fighting for 4th.

mav_9me

Yes. 80-85 seems a generous price. Anything more is ridicous money. I'd also like us to throw 50m into CHO if deal with Sancho becomes unreasonable .
Do you realistically see a scenario where Chelsea would sell to us? I think they would rather sell to Bayern for half the price we would pay.

RC89

If he is so immensely talented, why would City let him off the hook like that. Maybe the Bundesliga is just stat padding these players. Lookman was also a great player there.
You mean like how we let Pogba go?

mu4c_20le

That's why it's Dortmund's business model to hold on to players for as long as possible, even if it means they get less money in the end because of a contract that's about to expire. Everyone has their price of course, but it won't be something United considers fair.
Thats why they havent come close to winning the league again, when they're letting players like Lewandowski go to their title rivals for free. No matter how you look at it, turning down a 100m+ offer for an 18 year old is daft business.

Patrick08

Reminds me of Ribery,just slightly (ever so slightly) less flamboyant.

I agree Martial is one of our better players in tighter spaces but I think he's a level below the likes of Hazard,Salah,Mane,Sterling and Sane if we're comparing him to other clubs wide players.
I dont agree on that, Put martial in a possession based cohesive team and you will see he is as good as them. Our playstyle depends on movement and counter attacking which is not his strengths, certainly not at high speed. Even the likes you mentioned can loose the ball on the counter attack at those speeds but those teams play by dominating the ball, which our team does not do.

deadrevelz

I dont agree on that, Put martial in a possession based cohesive team and you will see he is as good as them. Our playstyle depends on movement and counter attacking which is not his strengths, certainly not at high speed. Even the likes you mentioned can loose the ball on the counter attack at those speeds but those teams play by dominating the ball, which our team does not do.
Martial 18/19
Games: 30
Goals: 11
Assists: 2

You would hope for a lot more assists from a winger, especially when almost all of our attacks are from the left side. He needs to improve this if he's going to play there. Rashford is 38 / 12 / 9 assists.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Is Sancho more old school winger or inside forward?
Inside Forward for sure.
Rarely looks to bomb down the wing then cross from the byeline. More likely to get to to the rightangle at the right edge of the box, look for a striker or a 1-2 pass, strand the keeper and score or assist a goal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Martial 18/19

You would hope for a lot more assists from a winger, especially when almost all of our attacks are from the left side. He needs to improve this if he's going to play there. Rashford is 38 / 12 / 9 assists.
Its a bit an anomaly for Martial this season that. He last 3 seasons I think he has had 8/9/11 assists so 2 this season is rather odd

Aloysius's Back 3

Inside Forward for sure.
Rarely looks to bomb down the wing then cross from the byeline. More likely to get to to the rightangle at the right edge of the box, look for a striker or a 1-2 pass, strand the keeper and score or assist a goal.
This is why I want him playing as a false 9 - one who aims to take the ball from the centre outwide and to provide a pass to either martial or Rashford to finish. It's basically what Lingard does with all his runs at his right place at the right time but Sancho has the ability to do so with the ball at his feet.

Patrick08

Martial 18/19

He was bought as a striker and later moved on to the left side by lvg as Memphis was struggling. He is not a winger and I doubt he will ever be one. He is a striker or a wide striker, he is not going to provide quality service to strikers like lukaku ever who thrives on service, this is why Mourinho wanted someone like perisic to play with him as a winger. If martial is to play in a wide position successfully, a creative striker who can hold the ball, create and have intelligent movement will work best as a pair in a team who can keep the ball in opositions half for long periods. He is not that good at wingplay. Martial's best season till date was his first season under lvg as the way he kept the ball created and suited him .

Status
Not open for further replies.