Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
true I didn't see the whole england-Czech R game but he didn't do enough against a pretty ordinary side to be worth £100m!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Baffling that this still needs to be said really, isn't it? Crazy how knee-jerk everyone is.
Yeah, we have game by game analysis for players, half by half, min by min analysis for coaches. It's just crazy how imperfect players and coaches are.

Bwuk

If you aren't convinced your either blind or you never will be convinced.

El-Manos

We are quite clearly interested, whether we will buy and loan him back(like Chelsea did with Pulisic) or bring him in instantly, is the mystery. I reckon we’ll strike a deal with Dortmund regardless though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
A 19 year old player is getting double figures in goals and assists in a top 5 league and there are some not fancying him. They must have thought Neymar was too skinny or that Mbappe was just a pace merchant. Remember when we used to buy the best young talents for big fees. Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Rooney turned out alright didn't they?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A 19 year old player is getting double figures in goals and assists in a top 5 league and there are some not fancying him. They must have thought Neymar was too skinny or that Mbappe was just a pace merchant. Remember when we used to buy the best young talents for big fees. Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Rooney turned out alright didn't they?
I know what you’re saying but he’s not in that league of players just yet!
In the case of Rio he had several seasons at West Ham and Leeds learning the game before we moved for him and his first game for us was very underwhelming.

Sancho needs to be the player we need to take us forward or it’s a waste of the players talent and ambition

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I know what you’re saying but he’s not in that league of players just yet!
In the case of Rio he had several seasons at West Ham and Leeds learning the game before we moved for him and his first game for us was very underwhelming.

Sancho needs to be the player we need to take us forward or it’s a waste of the players talent and ambition
He absolutely is. Do you think these players turned world class over night? Ferdinand came at 24, which is young for a centre back. He also did not know what it meant to play for a massive club like us, but was told quickly by the likes of Keane. You just have to get these types of players, because the pay off is so massive. Rooney, Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe etc. Players that are just as good as many seasoned pros at a young age.

ghagua

Is that you, Mr. Farage?:angel:

Fully agree with you. This is the current generation's Wayne Rooney transfer scenario, absolutely vital we secure him.
Nah, just had some fannies laughing as they had no idea who he was or his abilities.

Litch

Yep, Liverpool splashed big money to get their targets in a GK/CB

You'll be the first complaining that we are only good enough for 5th position and not challenging City / Liverpool :confused:

Chong will get his chance, but he's not looked ready yet, he needs more time. Sancho can play the left or right side equally well, we need a wide player If martial gets injured for the left, and he's guaranteed starter on the right. Sanchez/Mata are not good enough.

Yes if Madrid/Barca tried to buy Rashford they'd have to pay similar, but they won't as we won't sell him. That's the difference.

For Dortmund to sell we have to give them an offer they can't refuse, and it's big money. You pay what they want, or you move on.
Nah, wouldnt complain cause dont think he'd make any difference as yet anyway. Good potential but like many on here, like to see more than a few youtube videos and a couple of internationals before throwing 'whatever it costs' at it. I like more substance than hype as we already had our fingers burnt twice by these lot. Both occasions we signed the best player in Germany at that time.....

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nah, wouldnt complain cause dont think he'd make any difference as yet anyway. Good potential but like many on here, like to see more than a few youtube videos and a couple of internationals before throwing 'whatever it costs' at it. I like more substance than hype as we already had our fingers burnt twice by these lot. Both occasions we signed the best player in Germany at that time.....
Having a wide player who is an individual danger, can take on a man and provide assists or score goals is a huge difference.

While Lingard does a great job of pressing and linking up play, he is no danger by himself from a wide position. We need a player to keep the width to stretch the pitch but he often comes inside and congests things.

Judas

Open to offers
Bonkers to think anyone who has watched him properly would think he wouldn't make a difference to us right now. Our right side has been a joke for YEARS, he'd instantly upgrade it and make it a threat, something it hasn't been in a ridiculous amount of time.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Having a wide player who is an individual danger, can take on a man and provide assists or score goals is a huge difference.

While Lingard does a great job of pressing and linking up play, he is no danger by himself from a wide position. We need a player to keep the width to stretch the pitch but he often comes inside and congests things.
None of that actually exists, they were spontaneously created by hype and youtube compilations. Sancho has no substance but Lingard and Mata do :lol::lol::lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He would definitely make a big impact.

Canagel

I feel like people are underrating for the sake of it or going against the grain for no apparent reasons. there's absolutely no downside to this transfer. it makes a sense from every possible angle. even if we pay the 100m so be it- you're securing a potential almost certain world class player for the next decade. for too long you complained about missing out on the best young talents and when the most obvious one came you're not convinced . like make your minds up already.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
any reliable sources linking us? or just BS?
BS in my opinion.

Zorc has just reiterated that transfer talk is irrelevant and they are already making plans for next season which includes Sancho. They’ve already sold Pulisic;they don’t need to sell again. We’d be bonkers to splash 100m on him right now.

Not that I think we are ever going to!

Tarrou

this is the sort of gamble we need to take if we're gonna get back to the top

his end product is excellent for a youngster, so for me it's worth the risk

won't hurt our chances of getting our top players to renew either, if we're signing exciting young talent like this

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Odoi is a better player than Sancho. He is more mature, physically stronger and more confident, and has been thru the rough and tumble of the PL whilst Sancho is playing in a one-team league full of junk outfits. I'm sure even Bayern are now bored to death in that league.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Odoi is a better player than Sancho. He is more mature, physically stronger and more confident, and has been thru the rough and tumble of the PL whilst Sancho is playing in a one-team league full of junk outfits. I'm sure even Bayern are now bored to death in that league.
You've posted this exact same thing, word-for-word in the Hudson-Odoi thread. How can you say he has been through the "rough and tumble of the PL" when he has started zero games in it?

cyberman

Started zero league games.
Calm down buddy

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You've posted this exact same thing, word-for-word in the Hudson-Odoi thread. How can you say he has been through the "rough and tumble of the PL" when he has started zero games in it?
:lol:

Trust me, once you are in matchday squad in PL, you see stuff that you can't see in other leagues even as a starter.

Redo91

What a post! :lol: He hasn’t even started a league game!

Litch

Agree and a great prospect but the figures are absolutely ridiculous based on one season. Its a massive gamble and the pressure on this lads shoulders would be ridiculous....especially if we give him the number 7 shirt. Lets see if hes the real deal after another season or a compromise is buy him and loan him back.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree and a great prospect but the figures are absolutely ridiculous based on one season. Its a massive gamble and the pressure on this lads shoulders would be ridiculous....especially if we give him the number 7 shirt. Lets see if hes the real deal after another season or a compromise is buy him and loan him back.
Why loan him back?

jesperjaap

57 games according to his wiki, 47 so far for Sancho. So needs 10 more games for Dortmund to match the games MBappe played at Monaco and there are 8 games left for them this season
So, what is your point, he can justify the supposed price tag if he plays eight more games this season? Ok, lets be petty Mbappe cost £130m if Sancho costs 100m he needs to play approximately 33 more mins this season.....seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.