Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetoTTT

Sancho's easily worth the price Dortmund are asking for, pandemic or not, time to give up on the haggling. If we can't afford him then fair dos.
You will be the perfect person they would want to negociate with.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Also, how could they say they would give Sancho a new contract if they extended his current one a year ago? They make it up as they go along :lol:

Manny

Grammar Police
It’s a bit weird how nobody knew about that extension right? Surely anyone who wants to sign him knows about it. They will get the money they want for him there’s no point trying to bargain with that extension.
I reckon he 10th Aug deadline blew up in their face so this is them stopping any "well, we thought you was doubling his salary" chat. Now they can say that they already extended his deal.

Regardless, even if he is contracted until 2023, we would know and we would be negotiating on that basis.

Fooza

Let's just wait next year two years time and we can get him cheaper guys. I still think we will get him but only if we pay the full amount, so why can't we just pay it. If we can't, move on. Simple

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I am fecking depressed. Need a beer before I watch some more "Welcome to Man United Jadon Sancho" videos. Feck you Zorc.

Come on Woody don't let Muppets down

Womp

idiot
It's over boys. You don't come out and announce it's final, only to turn around and sell said player. Makes the club look weak, something they have been trying so hard to avoid this saga. Apart from Sancho kicking up a fuss, or a ridiculous offer, both of which I don't see happening, it's a wrap imo

Lynty

SURELY Sancho's agent would have told us how long his contract is.

Unless Sancho himself didn't realise he was signing for another year on top (which is doubtful) then all this seems like a very strange curveball.

I can't see how United wouldn't have known about that.
It would have served zero purpose to keep a contract extension secret. Compared with the effort, and likely bending of rules, it would take to keep the salary secret among all it's shareholders - just wouldn't be worth it.

It's a lie.

The cynic inside me almost thinks it's a Manchester based lie, so we can save face when we cough up full asking price.

croadyman

Not ideal for this all to come out when the club has an important match to prepare for tonight is it

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's over boys. You don't come out and announce it's final, only to turn around and sell said player. Makes the club look weak, something they have been trying so hard to avoid this saga. Apart from Sancho kicking up a fuss, or a ridiculous offer, both of which I don't see happening, it's a wrap imo
So it’s over unless it’s not over? :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Woodward is an absolute moron if he's managed to screw this one up.

I'm hopeful this is more posturing from Dortmund. We would obviously already know about the 1 year extension.

Bosws87

Literally every high profile transfer this happens , pogba wasn't moving anywhere until he did.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If things casually flow back into some form of normality then Sancho 2021 is going to be one hell of a bidding war.

treble_winner

Mission failed. Abort, abort!
Shall we retreat to the Zaha thread or Kingsley Coman thread now? :(

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Dembele? Zorc has a history of doing just this.

pacifictheme

They have done the same before.

The contract extension announcement doesn't really change anything other than meaning united have slightly less leverage now, if this is actually news to us, which it probably isn't. Price is the same, we will see, don't think its dead.

croadyman

Nah definitely not throwing in the towel not when most of the journalists are still talking up a deal getting done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.