Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcunited1878

I think a offer will be made once the German league comes to a conclusion.
That's just an official offer, which was never going to be lodged until the transfer windows are official open. Again, for those who aren't aware, there's an Amazon Prime show about Dortmund. It followed last year's season, 18/19. They talk a lot about Sancho and that was when the links with United, and really nobody else, started. Sancho will leave Dortmund very soon and this summer, regardless of pandemic, is the highest his value will be because next year his contract will only have 14 or so months remaining (his contract runs thru June 2022).

Similar to Pogba's re-arrival, it was after a Euro campaign where the world was watching. This was a Euro year and primed for Sancho/England. So it was in the books and probably still is for United. It's part of a big show and collaboration. So many large moving parts in such an gigantic deal.

United's pitch to Sancho is much greater than just CL and it's compelling. There's a big connection for becoming part of a future all England attacking front line for Manchester United and maybe England - Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho (in addition to Maguire, AWB, and Dean Henderson). The global reach of United, coming back home to England, going to the Red part of Manchester, and taking on that mantle of most expensive English/British transfer, etc. Inheriting the #7, whatever the case maybe.

Brightonian

I don’t think it’s that clear or obvious that his signing depends on our CL qualification. I think Sancho is willing to sign for us regardless.
Interested in this bit of your post particularly, as this is where we differ. Why do you think that? Surely if we don't qualify it's an absolute win-win for him to stay another year at the club where he is having huge success, play another year in the CL, the competition all elite footballers in Europe essentially aspire to, and then if he's so set on signing for us he can do it next summer instead. Or, at that point, he'll probably be able to choose from a host of top clubs who will have rejoined the chase for him too. And he'll still only be 21!

Womp

idiot
The rumours do make sense though tbf. Most reports suggest he is desperate to move this summer and doesn't want to wait until next summer and that we are unwilling to pay what Dortmund want.

AneRu

If Dortmund are even contemplating selling him I think we need to push the boat out on this one and get him even if it means he is the only signing we make in the off season. We have gone through the season with just Fred and Mctominay in midfield so surely with Pogba back and having signed Bruno we would be ok, our defense is alright numbers and performances wise whilst Ighalo will stay for a significant portion of next season. We should just pay up as he would improve us massively.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Borussia Dortmund
manage Lucien Favre admits he doesnt know if Jadon Sancho will be at the club next season.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are all interested in the 20-year-old winger, who is currently valued by Dortmund at £115m.

And Favre can not guarantee that the German club will retain their prized asset.

"We'll see after the season," Favre said when asked about potential outgoings on Monday. "Of course, players will leave. We hope the players will stay, but it is possible that players will leave.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jadon-sancho-hint-dropped-borussia-22197173

Last edited:

Devil may care

I think a offer will be made once the German league comes to a conclusion.
We've clearly made out intentions clear but can't officially do it yet as the season is still rumbling along, media just looking for clickbait right now, Sancho will no doubt be the saga of the summer.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Interested in this bit of your post particularly, as this is where we differ. Why do you think that? Surely if we don't qualify it's an absolute win-win for him to stay another year at the club where he is having huge success, play another year in the CL, the competition all elite footballers in Europe essentially aspire to, and then if he's so set on signing for us he can do it next summer instead. Or, at that point, he'll probably be able to choose from a host of top clubs who will have rejoined the chase for him too. And he'll still only be 21!
I think there is a mix of reasons for why he’d be willing to leave and sign for us regardless of CL or not.

First comes the part about ‘leaving’.
I think Sancho wants out this year. Infact all these instances of him acting up or getting in trouble this season indicate that he’s not happy with his surroundings and probably not comfortable in the current environment. The number of flights he’s taken back home this seasonshows he misses it and life is not all that fun in Germany to stick around another year.

Then comes the part about our interest in him. Sure we may miss CL again but it is now more obvious than ever that we’re trying to build a team which is looking really good on paper and will not be out of the CL much longer.

There is also the value of wearing #7 for England’s biggest club and be a part of a future England front 3 which would be a dream come true for anyone.

I also believe that our team in general has a young core that is geared to reach its prime real soon while others will be past theirs in a couple years time (Liverpool, City, Madrid, Barca, Juve). All these teams have Aging squads and the changing of guard isn’t always as smooth a transition as some might think. All these teams are also the ones who could’ve been his next destination. So is it really worth it for him to wait another year just in hopes to attract other teams? Teams that mind you, may still not have the funds to match our financial package even in a years time.
The financial package we must be offering him must be eye-watering on its own.

In conclusion, I’d also like to add that all the aforementioned teams where he could go instead, would have to make space for him which isn’t that easy now post-covid.
Pool already have a solid front 3. So do city and there’s the question of would he even want to go back there? Madrid are interested in Mbappe. Barca already have enough players for his position.

I’d be interested in knowing if you think there are teams that I might have missed, that could be a better option for him in a years time. And why so?

I also pointed out previously on this thread, that it is not always necessary for players to pick clubs just based on their current position. Sancho being so young, will want to pick a club that will be successful for the most part of his next contract with that club. Not clubs who have rebuild phases coming up soon. In that department, we again look one of the best options.

Reactions: Ødegaard

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think there is a mix of reasons for why he’d be willing to leave and sign for us regardless of CL or not.

First comes the part about ‘leaving’.
I think Sancho wants out this year. Infact all these instances of him acting up or getting in trouble this season indicate that he’s not happy with his surroundings and probably not comfortable in the current environment. The number of flights he’s taken back home this seasonshows he misses it and life is not all that fun in Germany to stick around another year.

Then comes the part about our interest in him. Sure we may miss CL again but it is now more obvious than ever that we’re trying to build a team which is looking really good on paper and will not be out of the CL much longer.

There is also the value of wearing #7 for England’s biggest club and be a part of a future England front 3 which would be a dream come true for anyone.

I also believe that our team in general has a young core that is geared to reach its prime real soon while others will be past theirs in a couple years time (Liverpool, City, Madrid, Barca, Juve). All these teams have Aging squads and the changing of guard isn’t always as smooth a transition as some might think. All these teams are also the ones who could’ve been his next destination. So is it really worth it for him to wait another year just in hopes to attract other teams? Teams that mind you, may still not have the funds to match our financial package even in a years time.
The financial package we must be offering him must be eye-watering on its own.

In conclusion, I’d also like to add that all the aforementioned teams where he could go instead, would have to make space for him which isn’t that easy now post-covid.
Pool already have a solid front 3. So do city and there’s the question of would he even want to go back there? Madrid are interested in Mbappe. Barca already have enough players for his position.

I’d be interested in knowing if you think there are teams that I might have missed, that could be a better option for him in a years time. And why so?

I also pointed out previously on this thread, that it is not always necessary for players to pick clubs just based on their current position. Sancho being so young, will want to pick a club that will be successful for the most part of his next contract with that club. Not clubs who have rebuild phases coming up soon. In that department, we again look one of the best options.
Which is why I think fans should not worry about the likes of Barcelona Real Madrid and other top European clubs outside England. I think the main threat is Chelsea and City

cyberman

Lets be honest, he would have as much chance of winning the CL at a Europa League United next year as Dortmund.

Its such a weird argument, was it worth it turning down United last summer for Dortmunds nothing CL exploits this year?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Which is why I think fans should not worry about the likes of Barcelona Real Madrid and other top European clubs outside England. I think the main threat is Chelsea and City
Totally agree!

The only potential threat I see is Chelsea.

Even they seem like a tough option if you compare their team to ours at the moment. At the moment, we seem like the better team ouof the two by a mile.

Sancho will obviously know there’s more value in playing for us as compared to Chelsea just based on our history and reputation alone.

City have a bad history with him and they’d only likely be an option if literally no one else was interested in him and he was dying to get out of Dortmund ASAP. And even they will have to make space for him to have any chances of convincing him about getting sufficient playtime, let alone promise him a starting spot.

Liverpool, as I mentioned, will have to make room for him by disrupting their front 3 which will not be happening anytime soon

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Totally agree!

The only potential threat I see is Chelsea.

Even they seem like a tough option if you compare their team to ours at the moment. At the moment, we seem like the better team ouof the two by a mile.

Sancho will obviously know there’s more value in playing for us as compared to Chelsea just based on our history and reputation alone.

City have a bad history with him and they’d only likely be an option if literally no one else was interested in him and he was dying to get out of Dortmund ASAP. And even they will have to make space for him to have any chances of convincing him about getting sufficient playtime, let alone promise him a starting spot.

Liverpool, as I mentioned, will have to make room for him by disrupting their front 3 which will not be happening anytime soon
Fairly confident we can out price Chelsea anyway, they can't compete with our wages and footballing wise they are no better than us or showing any more progession.

I feel if we can finish the season strongly and get the CL place then it's nailed on.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Fairly confident we can out price Chelsea anyway, they can't compete with our wages and footballing wise they are no better than us or showing any more progession.

I feel if we can finish the season strongly and get the CL place then it's nailed on.
Pricing out? Not too sure about that. They have enough funds to change his mind.

Mind you, they’ve been looking for the next hazard too.

But I agree about them not showing any progression and being in transition will tilt the ball to our court.

Adam-Utd

Pricing out? Not too sure about that. They have enough funds to change his mind.

Mind you, they’ve been looking for the next hazard too.

But I agree about them not showing any progression and being in transition will tilt the ball to our court.
Not sure they do personally. The money they've spent so far is money they got from Hazard and Morata.

Their top wage earner is probably on 150-200k max, they aren't going to match 250-300k like we could for Sancho.

For Sancho i'm sure it'll be more than just the money anyway, but I see no reason for them over us apart from him liking them as a boy (which usually carries little weight these days)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lets be honest, he would have as much chance of winning the CL at a Europa League United next year as Dortmund.

Its such a weird argument, was it worth it turning down United last summer for Dortmunds nothing CL exploits this year?
You could well be right from Sanchos point of view. He might not see it as such a bad thing if we do end up back in the EL.

However you have to think of the money. The CL to EL is an estimated £60 to 70m hit. That's on top of an estimated 100m hit from Covid. Can we even afford him without CL football? I very much doubt it.

Adam-Utd

You could well be right from Sanchos point of view. He might not see it as such a bad thing if we do end up back in the EL.

However you have to think of the money. The CL to EL is an estimated £60 to 70m hit. That's on top of an estimated 100m hit from Covid. Can we even afford him without CL football? I very much doubt it.
Yes because the money is spread out over 3/4 seasons. This situation won't last forever.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Not sure they do personally. The money they've spent so far is money they got from Hazard and Morata.

Their top wage earner is probably on 150-200k max, they aren't going to match 250-300k like we could for Sancho.

For Sancho i'm sure it'll be more than just the money anyway, but I see no reason for them over us apart from him liking them as a boy (which usually carries little weight these days)
If I’m not wrong, they still have the funds from the season they were banned.
As well as any potential funds they would have had for the upcoming window which technically haven’t been used for their most recent purchases (Ziyech + Werner).
They also have a few loan players who are potentially to be sold this summer.

You also have to keep in mind that Willian & Pedro are leaving so they still have room for players like Sancho, Havertz etc.

As for their earning brackets, Sancho would command a salary similar to what Hazard had been getting so he’d be a like for like replacement in that top tier bracket.
Even generally, Chelsea may have a lower salary average at the moment but let’s not forget that has rarely ever been an issue for them since Roman arrived.
They won’t mind spending the big bucks if it’s worth it.

But apart from all that, the final decision is Sancho’s and so far we seem like his preferred choice :keano:

Reactions: Penna

Adam-Utd

If I’m not wrong, they still have the funds from the season they were banned.
As well as any potential funds they would have had for the upcoming window which technically haven’t been used for their most recent purchases (Ziyech + Werner).
They also have a few loan players who are potentially to be sold this summer.

You also have to keep in mind that Willian & Pedro are leaving so they still have room for players like Sancho, Havertz etc.

As for their earning brackets, Sancho would command a salary similar to what Hazard had been getting so he’d be a like for like replacement in that top tier bracket.
Even generally, Chelsea may have a lower salary average at the moment but let’s not forget that has rarely ever been an issue for them since Roman arrived.
They won’t mind spending the big bucks if it’s worth it.

But apart from all that, the final decision is Sancho’s and so far we seem like his preferred choice :keano:
If you didn't know Roman's assets were seized in England and he's not allowed back in the country. He can't help Chelsea much outside of what the club can generate these days.

They bought Kovacic and Pulisic with the "no spend" window money. Yes they'll have a few spaces but they seem to be aiming at players like Benrahma (who's a baller in his own right)

Havertz won't join them i'm certain of that, he will go off to Bayern. Yes they got Werner but honestly did they even have competition? He wanted to join Liverpool but they didn't want him.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
3 CL qualifications in 6 years....
So what? The problem with your thinking, is the circumstances are not the same and actually adding someone like Sancho can make a big difference to our balance/options and goals tally. I don't understand people and how they think. Look at Liverpool 3/4 years ago and now they're on the brink of being champions. Psychology plays a big role in sport and as does many things. Good buys can make a big difference to players ambition and motivation. But also when you go on 11 game unbeaten runs - and we've actually done well against the big teams in general. There is plenty to be positive about. The fact of the matter is the competition in England is STRONG. It's not like other leagues where some teams can nab their competitions best players easily. Always qualifying for Europe because there is no challenge in their league. It means nothing.

fps

So what? The problem with your thinking, is the circumstances are not the same and actually adding someone like Sancho can make a big difference to our balance/options and goals tally. I don't understand people and how they think. Look at Liverpool 3/4 years ago and now they're on the brink of being champions. Psychology plays a big role in sport and as does many things. Good buys can make a big difference to players ambition and motivation. But also when you go on 11 game unbeaten runs - and we've actually done well against the big teams in general. There is plenty to be positive about.
It's not my thinking, it's your thinking that this situation won't last forever. Quite possibly 3 qualifications in 7 years in a few weeks. It's then Sancho's thinking, as to whether he wants to join a club with that record. That's the interesting question, what I think isn't important, what he thinks about that record is, and that's what we're speculating about.

I agree there are plenty of positives, but only due to going on a run just before the break. The table itself remains very concerning. I know it's not like-for-like, but in 2018/19 United's current points tally would, after 29 games, be 7th, twelve points behind Chelsea in 6th.
https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...look-if-the-league-was-postponed-at-29-games/

romufc

So what? The problem with your thinking, is the circumstances are not the same and actually adding someone like Sancho can make a big difference to our balance/options and goals tally. I don't understand people and how they think. Look at Liverpool 3/4 years ago and now they're on the brink of being champions. Psychology plays a big role in sport and as does many things. Good buys can make a big difference to players ambition and motivation. But also when you go on 11 game unbeaten runs - and we've actually done well against the big teams in general. There is plenty to be positive about. The fact of the matter is the competition in England is STRONG. It's not like other leagues where some teams can nab their competitions best players easily.
We have the second lowest output on the RW int he PL. A player like Sancho will improve that right side completely. Better RW = more space for everyone else on the pitch = more creativity = more goals.

Sancho can join Liverpool, City, Chelsea or whoever he wants, no one can not only guarantee a title race but it is so difficult to guarantee CL football also. Yes, for the next 2/3 years they will get in, but things change so quick in the PL. Coming to the PL, you have to be ready to perform on a consistent basis because there is HUGE games every other week. Not like in Spain, Germany, Italy where you can coast through a season and have 3/4 games against rivals.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If you didn't know Roman's assets were seized in England and he's not allowed back in the country. He can't help Chelsea much outside of what the club can generate these days.

They bought Kovacic and Pulisic with the "no spend" window money. Yes they'll have a few spaces but they seem to be aiming at players like Benrahma (who's a baller in his own right)

Havertz won't join them i'm certain of that, he will go off to Bayern. Yes they got Werner but honestly did they even have competition? He wanted to join Liverpool but they didn't want him.
I’m aware of his asset seizure but as a club they still have enough funds to become another option for Sancho.

There are also players in the squad (apart from the loanees) who are rumoured to be sold (Barkley, Zouma, Alonso, Palmieri, Zappacosta).

I also agree I don’t see players like Havertz or Sancho joining a club like Chelsea at the moment.

As for Werner, I think it’s tough to say if he’ll become successful in the PL as a striker. Dealing with PL defenders is a whole other ball game and the games won’t be as easy as the German ones. Therefore I’m happy it’s Chelsea taking a risk on him and not us.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea

Your tendency to make up stuff with so much arrogance just to further your point and make yourself feel better is actually quite scary . Please show a scrap of proof ( ie reliable media publication)to support your claim that Roman's assets were seized in the UK? His Visa simply wasn't renewed, and he could even come if he wanted to because he has an Israeli passport which is visa free to the UK the last time I checked.

He just chose to stay away, so stop relieving your fears of not getting Sanho by fabricating thing even you know are not true. You may get him, u may not, that's football, and that's life. Even getting him guarantees nothing for you. Oh when pogba joins we will be unbeatable, when Dimaria, Falcao, Sanchez and others joins we romp to the league, when we buy the next big thing, the old united will be back. Then you spend another 300 million and you are still fighting for fourth.

The sooner you recognize that those days of dominating the league are long gone and never to return again and start accepting its gonna be neck to neck from here on out, the easier it will be for you down the road.

Cliche Guevara

It's from the club's credit account. Anyways this is done, just waiting for an announcement now.
Ha ha I think it’s done too and will be announced by the end of next week assuming the Bundesliga is tied up this weekend.

I reckon it’ll be around £80m though.

Adam-Utd

Your tendency to make up stuff with so much arrogance just to further your point and make yourself feel better is actually quite scary . Please show a scrap of proof ( ie reliable media publication)to support your claim that Roman's assets were seized in the UK? His Visa simply wasn't renewed, and he could even come if he wanted to because he has an Israeli passport which is visa free to the UK the last time I checked.

He just chose to stay away, so stop relieving your fears of not getting Sanho by fabricating thing even you know are not true. You may get him, u may not, that's football, and that's life. Even getting him guarantees nothing for you. Oh when pogba joins we will be unbeatable, when Dimaria, Falcao, Sanchez and others joins we romp to the league, when we buy the next big thing, the old united will be back. Then you spend another 300 million and you are still fighting for fourth.

The sooner you recognize that those days of dominating the league are long gone and never to return again and start accepting its gonna be neck to neck from here on out, the easier it will be for you down the road.
WOW. Say all that again without tears in your eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: feeling a bit emotional today are we?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
WOW. Say all that again without tears in your eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: feeling a bit emotional today are we?
He has a valid point. I can’t find any reference to Roman Abramovich‘s assets being seized...

Could you share your source?

Adam-Utd

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
TBF it was a few years ago and it looks like I remembered it wrong - they were talking about seizing his assets and did revoke his Visa

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/chelsea-news-roman-abramovich-chelsea-16893460

Anyway the way this guy reacted after that was hysterical "you'll never be the same again" bore off
Yeah I think you’ve definitely remembered that wrong :lol: but I admire you more for owning up to it.

Also revoking and non renewal are very different. If they (I’m assuming you mean the government) revoked his Visa they would have actively stopped him from having one usually against the other persons wishes. Abramovich simply did not renew his visa even the Daily Star reported as such.

What makes me laugh more is the post after yours from @Red Company who is aware of this fictional asset seizure.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yeah I think you’ve definitely remembered that wrong :lol: but I admire you more for owning up to it.

Also revoking and non renewal are very different. If they (I’m assuming you mean the government) revoked his Visa they would have actively stopped him from having one usually against the other persons wishes. Abramovich simply did not renew his visa even the Daily Star reported as such.

What makes me laugh more is the post after yours from @Red Company who is aware of this fictional asset seizure.
Hahaha to be frank I also heard about it but wasn’t sure if they seized the assets.

@Adam-Utd sounded so convincing though so I thought the seizure had gone through :lol:

My bad!

croadyman

Thought I saw something on here the other week that the Sancho fee is expected to be around £80m with add ons taking it to around the £110-£115m mark which I think is quite a realistic possibility.

Cliche Guevara

I didn’t realise they were playing tonight but that’s Bayern secured the Bundesliga title.

Hopefully we push hard for Sancho now. It seems clear we really want him so no point in hanging around.

Strelok

This post means we're now on the right track imo. The level of bitterness in this reminds me well of the good old days under SAF.

RUCK4444

I see we’re being linked to a free transfer for Willian. Probably bs or a stop gap before signing Sancho next summer?
Can't see that, surely Mourinho would be all over that?

Leaving Sancho until next summer is a big error if that's what we end up doing. There will be multiple clubs interested and potentially in a much more stable financial position to bid for him.

Strike while the Iron's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.