Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

So just to summarize.. Dortmund have known all along he will leave after 1 year + caps, and instead of just paying the bonus in the summer they kept him to pay his wages, play him in pre-season and giving all fans a false hope he will stay?
If this is true about the bonus then it would make sense why Dortmund wanted it wrapped up by 10th August as they would have avoided the payment.

It could well have been Sancho and his agent who have asked for it to be delayed as it benefits him and also Utd in that they don’t have to pay wages till he signs and accumulate significant interest on the large sum that is due to Dortmund.

absolutely no idea if this is the case but it makes sense if it is!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In the podcast it's not Castles saying this it seems :lol:

kirk buttercup

I often wonder do we play with the press and slow Transfers down so We remain front and centre . Let's be honest We have more Clickbait about us than probably the rest of the Premiership combined .

Rolaholic

People are questioning why Dortmund would huff and puff in public only to contradict themselves and sell as if they haven't done literally that during all of their high profile transfer saga's the last 5 years :lol: :lol:

I haven't paid any mind to the noise coming from their side all summer as it's the same song and dance we see from them every summer. Been more focused on the noise from the clubs side which has yet to lead me to believe it's actually off

Rolaholic

Yeah this is what doesn’t make sense to me either.. they haven’t even signed a replacement for him..
They're already well stocked in the forward positions and brought on loan another versatile attacker from Madrid for the next 2 seasons a few weeks ago. I don't think they'll be desperate for an expensive, like for like replacement even if their was one on the market

Chief123

Harry Pinero doing the Utd kit reveal advert. At the end “Are you ready for the noise?”

We’re ready baby :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Then who was it?
The host Ian McGarry introduces the situation and asks Duncan Castles for his view, and Castles says "if true then.. xyz".

He goes on to say he wouldn't be surprised if this was the case as a similar hold up was seen in Maguire's case too. But the news of a bonus payment holding up the deal is not coming directly from Castles.

What Castles does confirm is Sancho is still the priority target for Manchester United, and they continue to also look at a CB and LB. He confirmed Telles being offered to United for 25m EUR on relatively modest wages.

SATA

The host Ian McGarry introduces the situation and asks Duncan Castles for his view, and Castles says "if true then.. xyz".

He goes on to say he wouldn't be surprised if this was the case as a similar hold up was seen in Maguire's case too. But the news of a bonus payment holding up the deal is not coming directly from Castles.

What Castles does confirm is Sancho is still the priority target for Manchester United, and they continue to also look at a CB and LB. He confirmed Telles being offered to United for 25m EUR on relatively modest wages.
Cheers mate ;)

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
They're already well stocked in the forward positions and brought on loan another versatile attacker from Madrid for the next 2 seasons a few weeks ago. I don't think they'll be desperate for an expensive, like for like replacement even if their was one on the market
Ah okay fair enough .. I thought there were rumours that they were going to replace him with the likes of Depay rather then rely on the youngsters they have but you may well just be right and the rumours about Depay were not true

croadyman

Would love to know who the CB is he thinks we are trying to sign because has been radio silence since the Dayot stuff last week

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would love to know who the CB is he thinks we are trying to sign because has been radio silence since the Dayot stuff last week
I think he worded it better than my summary - he said they were looking to improve on those positions this summer, where right wing is the bulk of the transfer budget reserved for Sancho of course.
We have 1-2 choices at LB, so I would assume we will get a body in there. But you're right - we probably wont get a CB as one isn't available. The position is on our radar I guess is what he's trying to say.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I really hope we wrap this deal up this week or early next week.. the muppet inside me is tired of wondering will we/won’t we sign him and if we’re not signing him we need to focus on our other targets and bring them in before our season starts.. enough is enough.. can’t keep delaying the Sancho deal till the very last minute

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Was posted way back in the first 400 pages when our season was still on if I'm not mistaken
Never convinced he actually said Tuesday, its hard to make out what he says but it doesn't look anything like 1 word to me.

It would make sense why we've been "waiting", it does feel like the deal was close and then got paused.

I'd love it to be for this reason, guess we will find out soon.

Adcuth

Cheers boys! Appreciate it.

I remember watching this video, just forgot about it. But didn’t he mention Tuesday as well? As in the deal was supposed to be done during that week only?

I wonder if Ole knew Sancho would have to wait until now to get the bonuses.
Watched this over and over. Not convinced he says Tuesday. It's something else followed by "yeah"

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

Reportedly tied to a 3 Lions cap related bonus which he'll reach this evening against Denmark.

Something a little similar to the Neymar and Maguire deals where bonuses from their current clubs slowed down their transfers, hoping that's the case here as well...
So Mason wasn't really misbehaving, just making absolutely sure Sancho got another cap against Denmark? :angel:

Adcuth

Never convinced he actually said Tuesday, its hard to make out what he says but it doesn't look anything like 1 word to me.

It would make sense why we've been "waiting", it does feel like the deal was close and then got paused.

I'd love it to be for this reason, guess we will find out soon.
"We choose, yeah" ???

Or

"To choose , yeah"

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Yet again Sky saying he's our no.1 target. Surely to god we are going to sign him because we will look quite stupid if we don't. Though Dortmund will also look stupid if the deal goes through.

Godfather

So just to summarize.. Dortmund have known all along he will leave after 1 year + caps, and instead of just paying the bonus in the summer they kept him to pay his wages, play him in pre-season and giving all fans a false hope he will stay?
It's not like these 1.4 mill couldn't be priced into these 120 millions they want from us. Load of bollox from the bald man

murali_red

So Mason wasn't really misbehaving, just making absolutely sure Sancho got another cap against Denmark? :angel:
Why does 1.5 million matter when the transfer is about 120. Agreed that club gets that, but surely he gets better pay.

dinostar77

If it was you would you walk away from a £1.5mil bonus? I wouldnt. Get the bonus then leave. Maguire did the same at Leicester when joining utd. Neymar did same at Barcelona when joining PSG.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yet again Sky saying he's our no.1 target. Surely to god we are going to sign him because we will look quite stupid if we don't. Though Dortmund will also look stupid if the deal goes through.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind looking stupid with 120mil coming in.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
It's not like these 1.4 mill couldn't be priced into these 120 millions they want from us. Load of bollox from the bald man
I thought about this too but I think it’s not as simple as that.

Even if Dortmund were willing to accommodate the bonus into the 120m, why would we necessarily agree to it. Woody will probably be okay with waiting so we can also avoid paying his wages for an extra month.

Could also be that Sancho will redirect the bonuses to his agent or family that we would’ve have had to pay had we rushed to get the deal done earlier?

RedStarUnited

I thought about this too but I think it’s not as simple as that.

Even if Dortmund were willing to accommodate the bonus into the 120m, why would we necessarily agree to it. Woody will probably be okay with waiting so we can also avoid paying his wages for an extra month.

Could also be that Sancho will redirect the bonuses to his agent or family that we would’ve have had to pay had we rushed to get the deal done earlier?
Why would we agree? Because Sancho will want the bonus and we want to keep him happy? Even if we signed him earlier he wouldn't be properly with us til this weekend because of international duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.