Jamal Musiala

cyberman

Really need to be in front of the queue if /when he decides to move back to England

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I absolutely love watching this kid. The way he moves with the ball, the balance and control and technique, just reminds me of Zidane I have to say. Saw some say Kaka too and I don't disagree with that at all. He's class. Being Germany's most important player at 19 is crazy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't see Zidane at all, the way Zidane played you would think that time was slowed down, he was in total control. I see Ribéry though, a mix of technique, agility and powerful running.

crossy1686

career ending
He was great yesterday, for a teenager he looked mature beyond his years, drifted in and out of the game but bossed everything when in the thick of it. Real class act.

Nick7

I don't see Zidane at all, the way Zidane played you would think that time was slowed down, he was in total control. I see Ribéry though, a mix of technique, agility and powerful running.
gangly Ribery for me too. Musiala never really "looks" in control but he actually is. It's so weird and slightly mesmerising when he's on his game.

Skills

Snitch
Zidane was also bigger and stronger.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really need to be in front of the queue if /when he decides to move back to England
He won't. He's not Sancho who moved abroad as a stepping stone, Germany is his home.

cyberman

He won't. He's not Sancho who moved abroad as a stepping stone, Germany is his home.
I dunno, didn’t he move over at 7? Not saying he will definitely move but it’s not unrealistic to think he might want to move back over at some stage. He will have roots and relationships in Britain as well. Pogba joined United at 16 and reportedly one of the reasons why he rejoined us was because he missed his mates etc in Manchester.

Kag

I don’t watch much wider football these days, so that’s the first I’ve really paid attention to him during a game.

Looks like some player in the making. He doesn’t look like he should get out of those tight pockets when dribbling, but he does. Very mature, too.

Red Star One

Could he have played for England?
I'm a bit shocked the English didn't manage to convince him to stay with their national team after so many years with youth teams. Then again, as he was born in Germany, I guess he always felt more connected to them. Or pehaps it was a purely pragmatic decision and he fancied German setup and chances in the future better.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm a bit shocked the English didn't manage to convince him to stay with their national team after so many years with youth teams. Then again, as he was born in Germany, I guess he always felt more connected to them. Or pehaps it was a purely pragmatic decision and he fancied German setup and chances in the future better.
Brexit happened and caused his family to return to Germany. I'm quite sure otherwise the family had stayed and he would still play for England

Red Star One

Brexit happened and caused his family to return to Germany. I'm quite sure otherwise the family had stayed and he would still play for England
Ah this is very probable, I remember reading his mother (half-Polish too, it's should be spelled Musiała and he should be running our damn midfield :lol:) worked with the university or something like that, so I guess they had to return.
You got so fecking lucky there - he seems to be a generational talent and arguably the most exciting young German player in many years. So young and so important already, I hope the lad has mentality to back up his skills, he looked unplayable yesterday.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I dunno, didn’t he move over at 7? Not saying he will definitely move but it’s not unrealistic to think he might want to move back over at some stage. He will have roots and relationships in Britain as well. Pogba joined United at 16 and reportedly one of the reasons why he rejoined us was because he missed his mates etc in Manchester.
I'd love for you to be right (because I think we'd be favourites) but I just can't see it. The way he's going he could be amoung the best ever for both Bayern and Germany possibly even outright, that's an incredible pull.

Maybe things can change in the future but I think if he intended to return to England he'd have gone somewhere that's easier to get out.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
They promised to take back control, not ball-control.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
For me it's neither Zidane nor Ribery. The way he keeps dribbling into a bulk of opponents and you expect a loss of possession, yet he keeps on surprising you by coming out of it with the ball glued to his feet reminds me of this "Messi vs. no space" video that went viral 10 years ago or so. I know they are very different stylistically but there aren't many players that casually beat multiple players in such tight spaces with such consistency. Neymar is the only other one from this current generation I can think of and since his "body type" is more similar to Musiala, I'd opt for him - at least when he's relying more on his natural ball control than skill moves.

Incredible talent, one way or another. Such a shame he has to play for Bayern of all clubs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For me it's neither Zidane nor Ribery. The way he keeps dribbling into a bulk of opponents and you expect a loss of possession, yet he keeps on surprising you by coming out of it with the ball glued to his feet reminds me of this "Messi vs. no space" video that went viral 10 years ago or so. I know they are very different stylistically but there aren't many players that casually beat multiple players in such tight spaces with such consistency. Neymar is the only other one from this current generation I can think of and since his "body type" is more similar to Musiala, I'd opt for him - at least when he's relying more on his natural ball control than skill moves.

Incredible talent, one way or another. Such a shame he has to play for Bayern of all clubs.
I'm struggling to see the comparison Messi neither with the ability or the explosiveness.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Stop the crocodile tears. You know very well it's the best possible place for him, and if you could actually be honest with yourself, you'd admit that you're immensely proud Musiala is playing for Bayern. You'd hate it if he were to be bought by some other big club. What if he had stayed at Chelsea?
In reality, you Bundesliga remainder guys, Restdeutschland, love Bayern, because if it weren't for Bayern there were little you could take proud German credit for. We are the ones providing you with any feeling of success, satisfaction, and pride that you can gather from football and that you can then attribute to the 'German football' identity. German football, all that really means is being rather poor while bathing in Bayern's glory. Even your current coach, which you surely feel very proud about, what with his big name and hipster promise, is only at your club because Bayern brought him into German football.

You can protest all you want, in reality you're all Bayern fans of the second degree.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe it's because he plays for bayern and they usually steam roll their opposition but I don't really fancy him that much, either way he is set up for a very successful career.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Stop the crocodile tears. You know very well it's the best possible place for him, and if you could actually be honest with yourself, you'd admit that you're immensely proud Musiala is playing for Bayern. You'd hate it if he were to be bought by some other big club. What if he had stayed at Chelsea?
In reality, you Bundesliga remainder guys, Restdeutschland, love Bayern, because if it weren't for Bayern there were little you could take proud German credit for. We are the ones providing you with any feeling of success, satisfaction, and pride that you can gather from football and that you can then attribute to the 'German football' identity. German football, all that really means is being rather poor while bathing in Bayern's glory. Even your current coach, which you surely feel very proud about, what with his big name and hipster promise, is only at your club because Bayern brought him into German football.

You can protest all you want, in reality you're all Bayern fans of the second degree.
:lol:

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Zidane was also bigger and stronger.
He's only 19 and just 2 cm short of height compared to Zidane.

The most exciting thing about Musiala is that he's still not even close to have maxed out his potential. There's a lot of room for improvement still, especially his physique. I understand people might find that laughable, but in my opinion Musiala is the biggest 19 year old prospect to become the world's best player in his carreer.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Rant of the year :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The Zidane was more his balance and using both feet to move to ball around opponents effortlessly (that one dribble he does regularly) or how he brings the ball out of the sky smoothly, but yeah not similar other than that. More similar to Kaka for me.

Abizzz

Also if Bayern didn't exist the rest of Germany wouldn't have a word for or concept of "Fremdschämen". So we got that to thank you for too!

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04

That's pretty embarrassing, even for your standards

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Now that's fascinating insight into the thought patterns of a Bayern fan! It sheds some light onto the question how anyone could actually support a club that is so throroughly dislikeable as this one ;) My personal theory is that similar psychological mechanisms as in the Stockholm syndrome are at work here.

I'm struggling to see the comparison Messi neither with the ability or the explosiveness.
I'm not really referring to the explosiveness but rather the way he twists and turns around opponents while dribbling straightly towards goal. He finds space where there is none and gets through defenders when he really has no right to do so. Watch the next 2-3 minutes from here on and I believe you get what I mean :)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Zidane was more his balance and using both feet to move to ball around opponents effortlessly (that one dribble he does regularly) or how he brings the ball out of the sky smoothly, but yeah not similar other than that. More similar to Kaka for me.
I struggle to see anyone else than Ribéry even with the things that you mentioned which were also done by Ribéry. I don't see anyone like Zidane who was unique in the way he played and moved.