Jamal Musiala

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Stop the crocodile tears. You know very well it's the best possible place for him, and if you could actually be honest with yourself, you'd admit that you're immensely proud Musiala is playing for Bayern. You'd hate it if he were to be bought by some other big club. What if he had stayed at Chelsea?
He'd have forced his way in and become world class just like Reece James has.

Red Star One

Stop the crocodile tears. You know very well it's the best possible place for him, and if you could actually be honest with yourself, you'd admit that you're immensely proud Musiala is playing for Bayern. You'd hate it if he were to be bought by some other big club. What if he had stayed at Chelsea?
In reality, you Bundesliga remainder guys, Restdeutschland, love Bayern, because if it weren't for Bayern there were little you could take proud German credit for. We are the ones providing you with any feeling of success, satisfaction, and pride that you can gather from football and that you can then attribute to the 'German football' identity. German football, all that really means is being rather poor while bathing in Bayern's glory. Even your current coach, which you surely feel very proud about, what with his big name and hipster promise, is only at your club because Bayern brought him into German football.

You can protest all you want, in reality you're all Bayern fans of the second degree.
Feck me, if I ever saw an entitled fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
In reality, you Bundesliga remainder guys, Restdeutschland, love Bayern, because if it weren't for Bayern there were little you could take proud German credit for. We are the ones providing you with any feeling of success, satisfaction, and pride that you can gather from football and that you can then attribute to the 'German football' identity. German football, all that really means is being rather poor while bathing in Bayern's glory. Even your current coach, which you surely feel very proud about, what with his big name and hipster promise, is only at your club because Bayern brought him into German football.

You can protest all you want, in reality you're all Bayern fans of the second degree.
That award of yours is well earned.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Now that's fascinating insight into the thought patterns of a Bayern fan! It sheds some light onto the question how anyone could actually support a club that is so throroughly dislikeable as this one ;) My personal theory is that similar psychological mechanisms as in the Stockholm syndrome are at work here.
Put a thumb in your mouth and allow yourself to fantasize for a minute, what if Havertz and Sancho had joined Bayern instead of ruining their careers with the wrong moves.. :drool:

Don't you worry, we'll do right by Wirtz. :angel:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not really referring to the explosiveness but rather the way he twists and turns around opponents while dribbling straightly towards goal. He finds space where there is none and gets through defenders when he really has no right to do so. Watch the next 2-3 minutes from here on and I believe you get what I mean :)
Seems more Hazard than Messi to me

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Put a thumb in your mouth and allow yourself to fantasize for a minute, what if Havertz and Sancho had joined Bayern instead of ruining their careers with the wrong moves.. :drool:

Don't you worry, we'll do right by Wirtz. :angel:
You probably will! But the thought of it definitely seems to pleasure you more than it hurts me. I guess that means your self-esteem is more reliant on a talented 18 year old playing for our resptective clubs than mine, so I hope it'll take a boost from it ;)

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Seems more Hazard than Messi to me
Don't know, I believe the scenes at 2:16, 2:53 and the whole sequence from 3:41 to 4:15 are very. very typical Musiala scenes with those quick changes of feet and the way he squeezes past the opponents, luring them into tackles etc. Hazard could do such things as well, yes, but I thought he relied more on explosiveness and wasn't as direct.

Righteous Steps

Don't know, I believe the scenes at 2:16, 2:53 and the whole sequence from 3:41 to 4:15 are very. very typical Musiala scenes with those quick changes of feet and the way he squeezes past the opponents, luring them into tackles etc. Hazard could do such things as well, yes, but I thought he relied more on explosiveness and wasn't as direct.
Hazard didn’t really rely on explosiveness at all he was the most natural and cleanest dribbler in the world after Messi.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I've been saying this for years, the truth hurts.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think Ribéry is the best comparison. Though I think Musiala has an even higher ceiling. Their biggest similarities are the dribblings in confined spaces. Musiala always knows exactly where he is, where the ball is and always has an eye open for his teammates.
What I really love about Musiala the most is his selflessness. If he believes a pass has the highest chance of creating a goal, he will pass it. If it’s a dribbling, he will dribble. If it’s a shot, he will shoot. And so on. I think that’s very rare for a player of his age. He seems to play without an ego, but has huge confidence.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
An awesome dribbler, but I can't really see the comparison to Hazard/Ribery. Maybe it's because of the gangly limbs. Slenderman build

Himannv

:lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hazard didn’t really rely on explosiveness at all he was the most natural and cleanest dribbler in the world after Messi.
I think it was Messi -> Neymar -> Hazard but yeah, he was great! See, I'm not really talking about "better dribbler" here. I still have prime Hazard over Musiala considerably. But Hazard dribbled "around" players while Messi dribbled right "through them" and I feel Musiala has these situations as well. With Hazard it was a bit like with Robben or Ribery - you knew what they were going to do and it was almost impossible to defend. Yet I don't think they often had these moments in which they dribbled head first into a pulk of players and you thought "dumb, he going to lose this ball" and he still goes through it. As said, Messi is the king in this for me with Neymar coming ins econd but I see a tiny bit of this in Musiala's way of dribbling as well.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He doesn't have the pace and explosiveness of Messi and Ribery.

Skills

Snitch
An awesome dribbler, but I can't really see the comparison to Hazard/Ribery. Maybe it's because of the gangly limbs. Slenderman build
Yeah and he's just not as explosive as them. Maybe Isco's a better comparison?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I love this post.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah and he's just not as explosive as them. Maybe Isco's a better comparison?
Yes that's the comparison I was looking!

I was thinking about quality dribblers who can move with ease in tight spaces but have to put in a lot of effort / do a lot to make an impact. Like a good Fabian Ruiz (I think, the Fulham player?). But Isco is perfect

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Vapor trail

He's more of a special player than Bellingham though they are different positions and roles. To have so many caps for Bayern at his age is ridiculous.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He relied almost entirely on explosiveness actually, seeing as aside from being an unstoppable dribbler -explosiveness being the name of the game here - he wasn't an exceptional passer, goalscorer or off ball threat

It's the reason he's a shadow these days

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
He relied almost entirely on explosiveness actually, seeing as aside from being an unstoppable dribbler -explosiveness being the name of the game here - he wasn't an exceptional passer, goalscorer or off ball threat

It's the reason he's a shadow these days
Exactly. People forget he put defenders on their backsides and not just against small teams. He scored a few solo Worldies and games against Liverpool and Arsenal come to mind.

tjb

Gonna be contraversial, but is mix of balance, touch and agility, mixed with some his languid stance, where the ball always seems to stick to his feet whilst attacking, reminds me of Zidane.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Biggest shame of the tournament for me is that he's out and didn't get a goal. He's got future best player in the world potential IMO. Ridiculous talent

Abraxas

By far their best player. You might say that's not difficult on this World Cup but he's still a baby. Not even a contest between him and the others. Looks a magician dribbling with the ball.

Skills

Snitch
Biggest shame of the tournament for me is that he's out and didn't get a goal. He's got future best player in the world potential IMO. Ridiculous talent
I don't think he's quite that good. As good as he is, he just has to work way too hard to have an effect in the final third - just lacks that little bit of explosiveness that makes the difference between the best and the great players.

He dribbles and keeps the ball so well, but he just can't get any separation from his man/defender.