James Ducker: "Utd squad left shocked by Mourinho’s public censure, personal nature of criticism...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbf publicly criticising your players is never a good idea. I'm not surprised players would react badly.

These leaks are nothing new though, which is the real problem. Not what we need at all.

Sir A1ex

Got to be Rooney firing back here.

He knows the press have been told to target him, so he's got his people to leak this crap to make Jose seem like a mad man.
This is insane.

He's playing absolutely shit, but getting picked every week and not even criticised. Why in God's name would he decide to screw the manager over? He's got it as good as he could possibly hope at the moment.

Art Vandelay

I wrote out the OP for a thread earlier about Rooney's little birds in the media. The plan was to keep track of suspect articles. I decided against it as I surely couldn't start another Rooney thread :lol:

I think this could well be that thread...
:lol: I think we all knew it was coming after the negative press he's been getting and it will probably escalate from here. A thread dedicated to it might not be a bad idea.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's becoming increasingly clear that there's not a manager in the world who has a chance of succeeding before we've weeded out the garden that is our squad, so to speak, when a single bad week is enough to make one or more of our players run to the press and back mouth one of the most decorated manager's in the game.

When someone is willing to run to the press and talk down their manager it pretty much indicates that the manager will find it almost impossible to get buy in from the culprits, and you can be damned certain that something like this will spread through the squad like wildfire. The end result will, of course, be that there will be discontent towards the manager, and he will find it difficult to get the players to execute his vision and ideas in training and on the pitch.

I have a feeling that not even Jesus Christ, or even Pep Guardiola, would be able to succeed with this team until the culprits that are spreading the rot are removed from the club entirely.
Good post. We definitely need to get tough and take out the leaker(s) - asap! These feckers are a destabilising presence. This will cost us big time - when will Woodward and his side kick act?! We are in danger of not making top four ffs if the manager is being hung out to dry already! This will cost the club MONEY! So what are they doing sitting around when they should be down there kicking leakers arses?:rolleyes:

Skills

Snitch
You seem to really dislike Carrick :lol: saw you in another thread at him too (I think)
I love Carrick the player. Off the pitch though, everything come out of the club in the last few years screams rat.

saivet

Remember that time last season when there were reports about players approaching LVG saying they weren't happy. Plenty call it as nonsense before LVG pretty much confirmed it was Rooney and Carrick.

Imagine it is one of or the same pair now.

SER19

Third manager in a row that has "shocked" "stunned" or some way offended these players in some way that rendered them incapable of any level of consistent performance.

They're an embarrassment and frankly the reason my own love for the club has become so detached. A few glimmers of hope aside, our current squad are like a more pathetic version of arsenal. West ham away last year was the nail in the coffin. The stuff about the van gaal emails and criticism enough for me to want to punch every one of them in the face repeatedly

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Fully behind Jose. They need tough love at this stage. Failing that, they they can all get the feck out.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
What a goddamn circus.

I've said it before and I'll do it again. Most of our players aren't fit to be in this club.

Godspeed Mourinho. I don't think a manager has ever won against a squad full of spineless cnuts but maybe you'll be the first.

Jazz

This is insane.

He's playing absolutely shit, but getting picked every week. Why in God's name would he decide to screw the manager over? He's got it as good as he could possibly hope at the moment.
Why surprised? Van Gaal decided to treat him decently - and still the man hadn't left 24 hours and he was chatting shit about him to his journalists friends. Rooney don't care bout no one except Rooney Inc. He doesn't love United.

Manny

Grammar Police
100% it's him, as I said in the press thread, we were expecting something.
It's deflection. Can you blame him after the two days he's just had.

Him and Stretford are not even subtle about it... :lol:

ThanksBoss26

Get the 'old guard' fecking out of our club. They are clearly only looking after themselves with these leaks and do not care about the club. Furious.
Agreed. Me too, fuming. After the shite they've been producing the last three years.

Hammerfell

After the crap the players (we all know who the main culprit is, of course) have been churning out for the last few years I'm firmly behind the manager in this silly little press war.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What a mess we are in.

What do either Carrick or Rooney have to gain by this though? The manager is going nowhere.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is insane.

He's playing absolutely shit, but getting picked every week and not even criticised. Why in God's name would he decide to screw the manager over? He's got it as good as he could possibly hope at the moment.
There were stories that Mou had decided to drop him, weren't there?

SirAF

Ageist
Soft cnuts that have been hiding behind two poor managers. Jose is the one to back here.

Woodzy

If Mourinho had any sense he would get out of this circus now. How the feck has this happened to our club?

spwd

An earlier tweet made by Nev.
Yeah I saw that, but someone needs to ask him why his mate Wayne keeps doing it.

Get the 'old guard' fecking out of our club. They are clearly only looking after themselves with these leaks and do not care about the club. Furious.
Definitely seems that way the way they've all been acting in the last few years.

Drainy

Remember when Sir Alex basically told Rooney to go feck himself, dropped him to the reserves for a pre-season game and he played like absolute shit and the press were banging on about how cruel Sir Alex was and how Rooney was so marginalised by him.

Maybe it's time for him to go back on the naughty step

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Mou was always like this, I don't know what they expected. Man up and prove him wrong.

Casillas was finished after he leaked info to the press, will he be as ruthless as he was before? Seeing as Rooney is the main person of interest

Kag

I find it funny these days. It used to irritate me more when it was more of a conspiracy. Now it's just blatant.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Media start writing about Rooney being shit and should be dropped. Next thing you know, there's a story about the manager being a cnut.

I'm sure there's no connection whatsoever there.

Devil may care

I called this last night after all the negative Rooney articles, there'd be one along sometime this week undermining Mourrinho and saying he's losing the players. How anyone can think this is coming from anyone but Rooney is beyond me.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would like an intimidating captain to take over the dressing room. Zlatan.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If you want any proof how close Ducker is to Rooney:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-by-former-man-utd-defender-paul-parker-as-s/

The whole thing is basically Rooneys way of replying to Parker. He can't come out and say anything himself so Ducker does it for him, trying to belittle his comments and remind us all just how great Rooney is.

The final paragraph tells you everything you need to know. "The Rooney camp refused to put anything on record" is what it should say.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
This is why he can't get on Rooney's bad side. Too dangerous.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Good post. We definitely need to get tough and take out the leaker(s) - asap! These feckers are a destabilising presence. This will cost us big time - when will Woodward and his side kick act?! We are in danger of not making top four ffs if the manager is being hung out to dry already! This will cost the club MONEY! So what are they doing sitting around when they should be down there kicking leakers arses?:rolleyes:
Thanks.

I truly believe the only way to turn this around is to give a manager complete power, and let him shape the squad in his image. It's clear as day by now that there really aren't any other options, because there are elements within the squad that simply refuse to accept responsibility for their own shortcomings, and are willing to do whatever it takes to lay the blame at someone else's feet. We are so far from a functioning team right now that there's absolutely no chance of us becoming anything close to what we're aspiring to be before we've taken out the trash.

Is Mourinho the right man to do it? I'm not entirely certain he has the required patience and longevity, but at this point, can we really afford to get rid of another manager, bring in a new one and have him encounter all the same problems? I don't think so, so give the reins to Mourinho, let him plug the holes and ship out the rats, and let's see where we can go from there.

Jazz

It's funny we've kept the rats and put them on a pedestal.

On the other hand we've humiliated a modern legend by throwing him in the reserves, but who's still kept his trap shut and acted professionally throughout.
This exactly. Irrespective of Basti though - how thick and selfish are our players? Can't they see how harmful this is to the team and will be to our results (or lack of?). We can't afford to be losing more ground on top four. Honestly, I don't expect better from Rooney, but Carrick disappoints me - didn't know he was a rat. LVG may have been shit with some things, but I wonder now why he didn't want to extend Carrick's contract. Jose comes in thinking he'll do the opposite and now it's blowing up in his face. Man Utd the bloody soap opera continues:rolleyes:

spwd

Media start writing about Rooney being shit and should be dropped. Next thing you know, there's a story about the manager being a cnut.

I'm sure there's no connection whatsoever there.
Wayne sitting there thinking nobody will guess it's him, the fat Cnut!

settembrini

I know he's not popular on this forum for some reason but Pilib de Brun has been talking about Rooney leaking stuff to the press for ages. Back in the summer I remember him predicting that as soon as Rooney's status at United was in jeopardy we would see anti-Mourinho articles appear in the press and lo and behold...

He touches upon it briefly in his latest piece here:
http://beyondthepitch.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/utd-and-rooney-disappoint-at-watford.html

Status
Not open for further replies.