James Ducker: "Utd squad left shocked by Mourinho’s public censure, personal nature of criticism...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seems like a key moment for Mourinho's reign already.

Few losses in a row, things obviously not working on the pitch, the biggest voice in the dressing room needs to be dropped and someone is leaking things to the press.

Given the drift and undercutting we saw under our previous two managers, he really needs to act decisively here. He should probably Schweinsteiger someone down to the reserves.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
This is why he can't get on Rooney's bad side. Too dangerous.
2 manager's tip toed around his sh*tness and look where it got them. It's time to front up and make an example of him. Jose did it to Casillas who achieved more in the game and carries far more respect than this odious cretin.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Pexbo "Please do not post the content of articles from the Telegraph newspaper. They've asked for their content to be removed due to copyright infringement. Instead, link to the relevant article or post a tweet about it if that's an option."

Minimalist

This exactly. Irrespective of Basti though - how thick and selfish are our players? Can't they see how harmful this is to the team and will be to our results (or lack of?). We can't afford to be losing more ground on top four. Honestly, I don't expect better from Rooney, but Carrick disappoints me - didn't know he was a rat. LVG may have been shit with some things, but I wonder now why he didn't want to extend Carrick's contract. Jose comes in thinking he'll do the opposite and now it's blowing up in his face. Man Utd the bloody soap opera continues:rolleyes:
People on this forum seem to really overestimate how much players care for United - even those that played for years in the shirt. They're human, not angels. Themselves and their careers are number one and I don't necessarily care or blame them for that.

That's why you need a good manager and a tough manager to keep them all in line.

Raw

Did it ever happen under Moysey ?
I remember Rio saying stuff about his training methods, how everyone was upset about banning chips, the whole comparing Vidic to Jagielka thing. It's baffling of course, but I also find it a bit classles that he'd reveal all that and basically slag off Moyes.

Though Rooney did have an excellent year under Moyes so maybe he didn't feel so inclined to bitch to the media.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I love Carrick the player. Off the pitch though, everything come out of the club in the last few years screams rat.
What makes you think it's Carrick? He seems a pretty on the ball person who would take criticism as a positive thing.

VanGaalEra

This is perfect! Mourinho doesn't take kindly to people going behind his back, whoever this is (I think we all have a good idea) has no future whatsoever under Mourinho.

De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Carrick and Rooney.

The players who played under SAF and are still at the club.

saivet

Mou was always like this, I don't know what they expected. Man up and prove him wrong.

Casillas was finished after he leaked info to the press, will he be as ruthless as he was before? Seeing as Rooney is the main person of interest
But look how messy that turned out. Rooney too, whether you like it or not has big influence in the media and in the changing room. Hopefully it doesn't all end sour..

Skills

Snitch
This exactly. Irrespective of Basti though - how thick and selfish are our players? Can't they see how harmful this is to the team and will be to our results (or lack of?). We can't afford to be losing more ground on top four. Honestly, I don't expect better from Rooney, but Carrick disappoints me - didn't know he was a rat. LVG may have been shit with some things, but I wonder now why he didn't want to extend Carrick's contract. Jose comes in thinking he'll do the opposite and now it's blowing up in his face. Man Utd the bloody soap opera continues:rolleyes:
If the club really want to show their backing for Mourinho and show they won't tolerate this shit from anyone, they should terminate both of their contracts on the spot. Even if it means paying off 50m or so they're owed on their deals.

Utdstar01

FFS he's just digging himself a grave. Most fans are already sick to death of him. He doesn't give a shit about the club at all. How is this in any way benefitting us at all? I fecking hope he doesn't get Sir Bobby's record.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thanks.

I truly believe the only way to turn this around is to give a manager complete power, and let him shape the squad in his image. It's clear as day by now that there really aren't any other options, because there are elements within the squad that simply refuse to accept responsibility for their own shortcomings, and are willing to do whatever it takes to lay the blame at someone else's feet. We are so far from a functioning team right now that there's absolutely no chance of us becoming anything close to what we're aspiring to be before we've taken out the trash.

Is Mourinho the right man to do it? I'm not entirely certain he has the required patience and longevity, but at this point, can we really afford to get rid of another manager, bring in a new one and have him encounter all the same problems? I don't think so, so give the reins to Mourinho, let him plug the holes and ship out the rats, and let's see where we can go from there.
Yeah we're in a tough position, but to bin the manager this soon would panic investors I think. Just suspend Rooney and Carrick and at least look like you have some control over the situation. Feck me I'm so mad at this. When LVG went, I thought ok this stuff would stop now, but look how soon this has started now? This was the worst thing for me last season and it's started already! Woody to start earning his money and sort it!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We need to stand by the manager at this point, if the players oust him, who is left?
Aye, we're all in on Mourinho here. I didn't like him publicly criticising the players but, given they lay of the land, I now hope he smites a few of them Old Testament style.

AndyJ1985

Whichever player is leaking stuff to the press can get fecked. I hope the bellend is found and he's hung out to dry.

spwd

It's deflection. Can you blame him after the two days he's just had.

Him and Stretford are not even subtle about it... :lol:
Pair of cnuts, hopefully this will turn some fans against Rooney and see him for what he is, my dislike of him has gone up considerably in the last 30 mins and I fecking hated the sight of him before this :lol:

Skills

Snitch
What makes you think it's Carrick? He seems a pretty on the ball person who would take criticism as a positive thing.
It was the whole thing last year, where thay story broke of apparently him and Rooney leading the talks with Van Gaal about his methods. Strangely enough, it was around the time we were struggling as well.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mou simply has to do what he's done to that cnut Casillas at this point. Drop him. Holy feck it will be hell but 3-4 years later, you'll hear from ex-manager of English NT that he didn't like him anyway, just like del Bosque with the magic Madrid boy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm just thinking about the fact that a good dozen of journalists are reading this thread and we are all convinced that Rooney is behind it and should be fired.:lol:

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I'm glad this is happening as early in the season as this, because it illustrates entirely how ridiculous the claims are. Everything has been fine and dandy up until one single bad week, and then the manager is suddenly absolutely shit, and just as clueless as the last two fellas who failed abysmally?

Nobody will be reading that, with what's already happened the past three years, and think "yeah, I guess that Mourinho guy is also quite clueless and should definitely be moved on as soon as possible so the club can find someone who will get the best out of the players". It's is a blessing in disguise for Mourinho really, because it coming out already just exposes so thoroughly the real reasons why this squad is not performing at the moment, and it should give him the necessary leeway to deal with the toxicity that's causing it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
FFS he's just digging himself a grave. Most fans are already sick to death of him. He doesn't give a shit about the club at all. How is this in any way benefitting us at all? I fecking hope he doesn't get Sir Bobby's record.
If it is Rooney leaking this then he's terribly misjudged the likely reaction of the fans.

Though realistically he'd probably be directing this at the press more so. If he does get dropped then this is a nice narrative to have in place in advance.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Yeah we're in a tough position, but to bin the manager this soon would panic investors I think. Just suspend Rooney and Carrick and at least look like you have some control over the situation. Feck me I'm so mad at this. When LVG went, I thought ok this stuff would stop now, but look how soon this has started now? This was the worst thing for me last season and it's started already! Woody to start earning his money and sort it!
Yeah, see my post above. I really believe that it happening now, rather than around Christmas or after, is better for us. It essentially exposes what Mourinho has to deal with, and should give him the necessary mandate to just drop the gloves and sort it out.

Dante

Average bang
If you already hate Rooney, you're going to presume it's Rooney. All logic goes out of the window when it comes to him and the Caf.

It won't be, though. Rooney has a key role under the current manager. He's not the one rocking the boat.

In terms of 'public censure', it'll be one of Mkhitaryan, Lingard or Blind; at a stretch Schweinsteiger.

Snafu17

Mourinho faced a similar problem with Real and Casillas. Hope he deals with it the same way. This time he (probaly) won't face the same backlash from the fans.

Manny

Grammar Police
It was the whole thing last year, where thay story broke of apparently him and Rooney leading the talks with Van Gaal about his methods. Strangely enough, it was around the time we were struggling as well.
Who is to say that wasn't just Rooney too...

Put your hate for Carrick to one side. You know its Rooney.

Mister_Stubbs

I am getting sick and tired of these bloody footballers. The majority of them have been shit at their jobs now for 3 yeas and have kicked up a fuss and have gotten two managers (rightly so as they weren't up to the job) the sack and now because the new guy is calling them out after a week off utter shitness they want to bitch, moan and leaks stuff to the media. It's time they all grow a fecking pair, get on with doing what you are paid to do and try to show a bit of pride whilst doing it.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
2 manager's tip toed around his sh*tness and look where it got them. It's time to front up and make an example of him. Jose did it to Casillas who achieved more in the game and carries far more respect than this odious cretin.
No doubt but it's brilliant by him. Gets the press off his back and makes Mourinho the new target in the media. He certainly isn't going down without a fight.

Raw

If you already hate Rooney, you're going to presume it's Rooney. All logic goes out of the window when it comes to him and the Caf.

It won't be, though. Rooney has a key role under the current manager. He's not the one rocking the boat.

In terms of 'public censure', it'll be one of Mkhitaryan, Lingard or Blind; at a stretch Schweinsteiger.
What do Mkhitaryan, Blind or Schweinsteiger know about playing under Ferguson?

Henk de Rode

Oww great. Didn't the same happen with LvG last year. Leaks in the press, LvG had a chat with senior players, made some changes - and after that we played much better.
Rinse repeat no doubt. I'm sure the new and improved Mourinho wont go beserk...

hahahahaha

Maybe it's good this happens; as no ones likely to take their side.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
It's time for a Rooney Out thread. I'm sick and tired of him. I've never wanted a player to leave Manchester United as much as I do him.

AndyJ1985

I'd bet my house on it that it's none of those players you listed.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If the club really want to show their backing for Mourinho and show they won't tolerate this shit from anyone, they should terminate both of their contracts on the spot. Even if it means paying off 50m or so they're owed on their deals.
That's what I would do for the good of the team and future of the club, and ride it out with the investors/shareholders sniping at me. But I'm not in charge:D
All I know is, this time its not only the manager who should be binned on bad results - also the leakers need to go.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Tell you what, I'm no great fan of Pep, but if Mourinho followed his treatment of Yaya here I'd be fecking delighted.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Yeah, hence the comparison with Fergie times, as they've all tasted the school of hard knocks of Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.