James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLogo

It lists Rooney as having cost £32.56m FFS. Seriously is it so hard for people to do a few basic checks before vouching for the accuracy of a site? I could list out a 100 wrong fees, it's utter shite.
It's a German site that uses the reported € value and therefor GBP values can be quite off sometimes. Especially the older fees can be incorrect because they didn't apply the exchange rate given at this time, that's also the reason to why the numbers in GBP are so weird.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just because money bags monaco spent a ridiculous fee, as they tired to buy their way to the top, it shouldn't mean that his value should have automatically gone up. The fact of the matter is though, in a market where a 19 year old left back goes for around £30m, the star of the World Cup, whose marketable and young, is bound to go for something a fair bit higher. In reality both clubs over paid for both players but time will tell, which one pays off more from both a footballing and commercial point of view. Unless you're Sergio Ramos, most defenders just aren't half as marketable as an attacker.
Yes it should, because James performed well at Monaco, became their player of the season and had a cracking WC.It really is that simple. He also only stayed 1 season.What did you think he was going to be sold for ? Less or the same amount he was bought for ? There are a lot more weird transfers than this one.
It's only logical his price went up.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Yes it should, because James performed well at Monaco, became their player of the season and had a cracking WC.It really is that simple. He also only stayed 1 season.What did you think he was going to be sold for ? Less or the same amount he was bought for ? There are a lot more weird transfers than this one.
It's only logical his price went up.
Let me get this straight, just because monaco over valued him when they purchased him, that should mean his value should go up, if he had a good season with them? You can argue that they could want a higher value than they paid for him but that doesn't mean he's worth more than the vastly inflated fee they paid for him originally. So if Fellaini had had a very good season, you think he should be valued at a fee much greater than the £27m we paid for him or would you say that he's fulfilled that potential we paid for?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Let me get this straight, just because monaco over valued him when they purchased him, that should mean his value should go up, if he had a good season with them? You can argue that they could want a higher value than they paid for him but that doesn't mean he's worth more than the vastly inflated fee they paid for him originally. So if Fellaini had had a very good season, you think he should be valued at a fee much greater than the £27m we paid for him or would you say that he's fulfilled that potential we paid for?
Yes that is usually how it works, after one season, if a player plays better than before, his value increases. Specially after a great world cup. I don't understand what's so surprising about that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If Fellaini did have a great season and a great WC, his value would certainly have gone up.

Lothar

He won't necessarily be worth more, but obviously his prize will go up when he already got sold for loads. Everybody knows Monaco isn't going to settle for peanuts based on the argument that they overpaid in the first place. If Fellaini had a great season and somebody would want him now, you know United would demand at least 35-40. So in that sense, yes, overpaying for a player will increase his value, if he meets expectations.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
This guy is going to be an absolute superstar for Madrid for the next ten years. Another bargain in the long term, along with Ronaldo and Bale.

As Perez said, it's the most expensive players that turn out to be the cheapes.

Kostur

海尔的老板

I can't speak Spanish for shit but those laughs in the background :lol:

Also, I'm outraged that he's 86 on FIFA.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I feel sorry for him whenever i see him giving interviews, they are always like that. Shy boy outside the pitch.

now that at RM he has to be a media machine, must be uncomfortable for him.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
does he have a speech impediment or does he just shit himself every time he has to open his mouth to say something?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Google says that he suffers from a stuttering problem. Thats harsh on him, especially since he has to give so many interviews now that hes at madrid.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yea he's a stutterer, it's visible in his other interviews. I think that this problem was worked on somehow because he looks a lot better later on, this one seems to be an interview done in early stages of his career.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Google says that he suffers from a stuttering problem. Thats harsh on him, especially since he has to give so many interviews now that hes at madrid.
That interview isn't from his time at Madrid though. They sound like Argies or Colombians. Definately not Spaniards.

How unprofessional from them indeed... Poor guy is nervous as feck when he needs to give interviews, that + the fact he has a speech impediment should be reason enough not to make fun of him like that.

Leave our James alone!!!!1

TheReligion

Abusive
Overrated and overhyped following the WC

Never a 70m player currently.

United have been bashed for spending big on Di Maria and Falcao but if they had spent that amount on James I would have been furious!

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

United have been bashed for spending big on Di Maria and Falcao but if they had spent that amount on James I would have been furious!
Let's give the kid at least 5-6 games before we nail him to the cross. I'm sure he'll come good.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I think that Madrid will completely regret off loading Di Maria (regardless of how much they sold him for) for this lad.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That interview isn't from his time at Madrid though. They sound like Argies or Colombians. Definately not Spaniards.

How unprofessional from them indeed... Poor guy is nervous as feck when he needs to give interviews, that + the fact he has a speech impediment should be reason enough not to make fun of him like that.

Leave our James alone!!!!1
Those are Argies by the way.

Stretford Red1978

I can't speak Spanish for shit but those laughs in the background :lol:

Also, I'm outraged that he's 86 on FIFA.
I can't speak Spanish either so haven't got a clue what he's saying but I do feel sorry for him. He obviously has a stutter which isn't helped by people sniggering! Disgraceful! Poor chap!

Ruht

Has been voted the sexiest man of 2014 by People En Español magazine, deary me! :lol:

Raul Madrid

Yes because performing at the world cup is so easy, that is why Ronaldo and messi have dominated in them.

Of course he isn't, nobody is apart from Ronaldo and messi. But you probably said the same about bale last year too and now consider him to have been a good signing. Give him a chance. He has done well so far and is better at his age (22 at the world cup and 23 now) than di maria was that is for sure. He could well turn out to be a very good player for Madrid and then all the hindsight geniuses will be saying how good a signing he is after writing him off at the start.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Yes because performing at the world cup is so easy, that is why Ronaldo and messi have dominated in them.
Not about individuals though is it? In fact the World cup just emphasises how much a team game football really is. Colombia were excellent all round, Cuadrado was just as good as Rodriguez, except people weren't blowing steam up his arse cause he didn't score the goals. Messi still played a pivitol role getting a poor Argentina team to the final. Without him they'd have either been out in the group stages or at the first hurdle in the knock outs.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He is already a great player and still young. If we don't care that we paid maybe a bit more than needed for Di Maria than Madrid won't and shouldn't care either that they overpaid for him.
It has worked out with Bale and it will most probably work out with James. I believe he will overtake Bale within 1-2 seasons, he is technically on another level to Bale.

Di Maria right now is the better player ofc but no reason why James can't get there in future.

Devil may care

Talented player and hopefully he'll ride out the early pressure and do well. He is the Muppet Lord Perez most muppety buy ever though, Madrid weren't interested until he had 5 good games in the World Cup.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

Of course he isn't, nobody is apart from Ronaldo and messi. But you probably said the same about bale last year too and now consider him to have been a good signing. Give him a chance. He has done well so far and is better at his age (22 at the world cup and 23 now) than di maria was that is for sure. He could well turn out to be a very good player for Madrid and then all the hindsight geniuses will be saying how good a signing he is after writing him off at the start.
My gut feeling is that Real Madrid made a mistake letting Di María go to fund the James purchase, but yeah, still agree with that post. It's far too early to draw any conclusions on James, or indeed the Real Madrid team as a whole - Ancelotti could find a solution to get the best out of him without harming the team, like he did with Bale. Interesting though, and I suspect Carlo was happy enough with his first 11 from last season as it was.

Raul Madrid

My gut feeling is that Real Madrid made a mistake letting Di María go to fund the James purchase, but yeah, still agree with that post. It's far too early to draw any conclusions on James, or indeed the Real Madrid team as a whole - Ancelotti could find a solution to get the best out of him without harming the team, like he did with Bale. Interesting though, and I suspect Carlo was happy enough with his first 11 from last season as it was.
I agree that it was a mistake letting di maria go, especially in a tactical sense. It has forced Madrid and carlo to have to rebuild the team rather than build on what worked so well last year. It would have been much better and easier to have been able to build on the team from last year and to have kept di maria. It is almost like now Madrid have to start again. I guess perez wants to test how good a coach ancelotti really is and is trying to make things as difficult as possible for him by taking apart his CL winning team and seeing if he can make another one :smirk:. "Lets see how good you really are carlo" .

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

You do know that certain players in the past played amazingly at the WC and then became a pile of s..t after that

El Hadji Diouf comes to mind
*cough* *cough*
Also how can you include Bale when he's been amazing almost every match for the last 3-4 years

Raul Madrid

You do know that certain players in the past played amazingly at the WC and then became a pile of s..t after that

El Hadji Diouf comes to mind
*cough* *cough*
Also how can you include Bale when he's been amazing almost every match for the last 3-4 years
So do some players that perform well for a season in a league (adebayor) or in the CL. You don't right them off so why should you right off someone who has performed well in a stage that is as big and as tough as any.

The overwhelming opinion was that he was not worth the money and that he would be a flop at Madrid. Its funny how you say that he was amazing for four years when at the time people were saying he had only one world class season (some also said that he only started performing since January 2013) and that van persie and suarez had a better season on here. I guess hindsight once again is a wonderful thing.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Untill the last portion of the season, the consensus was that Bale was a bad signing

Raul Madrid

uhhh, I don't think that was the consensus. He started with a real bang.
He regularly got injured in his first few months and people were already suggesting he was a flop (even though he was not playing). Not everyone but much more than not people were. It wasnt until mid november-december that he got a consistent run in the team. He certainly did not start with a bang and people were happy to call him a flop and say madrid were crazy to get rid of ozil at the time (ozil was playing well during that moment) and that it was bad business. Now because that has not proved to be the case people are revising their opinion.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He regularly got injured in his first few months and people were already suggesting he was a flop (even though he was not playing). Not everyone but much more than not people were. It wasnt until mid november-december that he got a consistent run in the team. He certainly did not start with a bang and people were happy to call him a flop and say madrid were crazy to get rid of ozil at the time (ozil was playing well during that moment) and that it was bad business. Now because that has not proved to be the case people are revising their opinion.
scored on his debut though

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
he was anonymous in the two Clasicos, was being accused of only playing well in home games against small sides

that's why you have to give players time.. but getting rid of Di Maria is the problem here

thepolice123

Felt like he was bought to replace Ronaldo in the long term instead of Di Maria who people are very eager to compare to. The few times I've watched him this season made me feel like he could potentially develop into a very well rounded goal-scoring playmaker, someone who can carry the attacking weight on his shoulders. Still a bit too early to tell though.

Blackwidow

I am aware it is not about individuals although that is ironic coming from someone who seemed quite obsessed with making out argentina only got to the final due to messi and that everyone else was shit for argentina don't you think? All James could do was perform as best he could and he did, his world cup was on par with anyone else at the tournament. Overall when taking into account all things like pressure, expectations, decisiveness and responsibility I would say messi had just as good a tournament as him though even though james was statistically better. But then again messi is a much better player than james. My point was to say that making out that james was overrated just because he performed in a world cup is nonsense as it is a difficult competition to perform in and the fact that messi and Ronaldo have not performed anywhere near their best in them highlights that.

The WC seems to be regularly downplayed on here. The pressure and mental fortitude needed to perform on that platform is beyond anything imaginable in club football. These players, especially those with the pressure of being the star of their team, have the weight of an entire nation on their shoulders and the knowledge they get one shot every four years. Some wilt under that pressure alone and cannot perform like they do in the club game because of it, whilst others carry their form over with no problem whatsoever or even elevate themselves further on the biggest stage there is in football. The World Cup has been an acid test for players since at least 1950. They've had to go there and put their necks on the line for the sake of their nations and it has crushed countless individuals along the way.
I am partly with you - partly I am not. I remember interviews with Müller prior to the World Cup in which he told that the first World Cup in 2010 was easy for him as he just was on a bubble then and there have not been much expectations on him whereas 2014 he just wants to take responsibility. I can see James Rodriguez being in the same situation like Müller in 2010. He did not have anything to loose - only to gain. It is different with the star players. He would not have been a failure with a lesser performance.

It was different with other players - Messi, CR7, Robben, Suarez, Müller - the first two because of their standing as the two World best footballers - the others because they are the stars of the country or Müller because the most top scorers of the World Cups failed in the next.

I see it at the Germans, too. Schürrle was a winner of the tournament as nobody expected too much of him - others were the ones the expectiations were on like e.g. Özil or Müller.

Raul Madrid

I am partly with you - partly I am not. I remember interviews with Müller prior to the World Cup in which he told that the first World Cup in 2010 was easy for him as he just was on a bubble then and there have not been much expectations on him whereas 2014 he just wants to take responsibility. I can see James Rodriguez being in the same situation like Müller in 2010. He did not have anything to loose - only to gain. It is different with the star players. He would not have been a failure with a lesser performance.

It was different with other players - Messi, CR7, Robben, Suarez, Müller - the first two because of their standing as the two World best footballers - the others because they are the stars of the country or Müller because the most top scorers of the World Cups failed in the next.

I see it at the Germans, too. Schürrle was a winner of the tournament as nobody expected too much of him - others were the ones the expectiations were on like e.g. Özil or Müller.
I agree, that is why i said that messi had just as good a tournament as james did, even though he scored less, didnt have as good stats and didnt perform overall as well as him. Because there was much more pressure on messi. At the end of the day james took full advantage of there being less pressure on him than other players and he had a very good tournament and that is why madrid signed him. I still think people should not write him off with "only had a few good world cup games" though. It is still a great achievement to do what he did and hopefully like muller did in 2010, he can build on it and keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.