James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Fantastic player. Game awareness and his decision making are actually excellent for a player only 22.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Shame we missed out. We'll have to promote Reece James and start pronouncing his surname as 'Hammes' instead.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great player, no question about it. Reminds me a lot of Özil in South Africa with the way he "glides" past players and out of tight situations.

Difficult to explain, but there's a certain type of elegance to his play and the way he handles himself with the ball that very few players possess. Zidane was the master of it.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Could Ronaldo's ego take it if Real signed Rodriguez.. I think Bale he could handle, as Bale worshipped him anyway. Rodriguez seems like the sort of guy who is very confident in himself.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Excellent player he is very similar to mata even the way he passes puts alot of curve on them he hits them with the inside of the left foot, where i think he excels even more than mata does, he has a great turn of pace there was soo many times he turned and went after players and left them for dead, his touch, his awareness his vision, and the weight on the pass he puts is perfect, he's going to be some player but we shouldn't be greedy as we are overloaded with players in his position with Kagawa, mata, Rooney even Adnan can play in that position so lets concentrate on a Cm , a Winger and a CB.
If someone of his class is available and interested, not saying he is.. but hypothetically, you make room and get rid.

Rezyuz

We had the chance to sign him for cheap price so did other clubs and where were they? They just ignored him like us, I don't see what's the point blaming Fergie here.
Even when he was at Porto, noone rated him as a 45m player, not even close.
Other clubs didn't have a manager who got hailed for their "talent recognition" did they. And other clubs also didn't end up with Bebe,

It was different for us it was James or Bebe and we took Bebe.

Acole9

Outstanding
The footballing oracle that is Danny Mills thinks he wouldn't be any good in the Premier League.

Annahnomoss

Doubt we, or anybody will be able to sign Rodriquez as he is one Monaco's few real marquee players with Falcao. If anything they'll be looking to add a couple more players like Rodriquez to their team and Rodriquez will help them attract more big name players. Remember that when these two signed Monaco had just went up from the second division and people questioned how well they'd do - now they are in Champions League and they are there to stay.

I am not sure how many they will sign this year, they are still at that second phase of building a top rated sugar daddy squad. They got Champions League football, a few marquees and they need to replace the rest now. If they are smart they go all in this year rather than wait and sign a couple per season as you simply can't play with the players they do and expect good CL success.

RedRover

Other clubs didn't have a manager who got hailed for their "talent recognition" did they. And other clubs also didn't end up with Bebe,

Seems like a massive over simplification to me.

We are probably scouting loads of young players all over the world at any one time. I also suspect we are being offered players by agents in their tens every summer. The vast majority will prove not to be good enough.

I suspect it wasn't Rodriguez or Bebe as a choice. Rodriguez was a player which, for whatever reason we didn't pursue. The article I read also referred to the signing of Hernandez as another factor which worked out fine.

There's also the very obvious work permit issue as well.

Total media bollocks trying to make a story where there likely isn't one.

Devil may care

I thought he was very good against Brazil in a very hostile atmosphere where he was having the shit kicked out of him. He constantly showed for the ball and ran at Brazil, he made the opening that led to the penalty and then scored it, big game player.

His classy movement on the ball is great to watch but it's the way he took the game on and was a leader for Colombia at such a young age on such a huge stage that was most impressive.

fallengt

No, it wasn't a choice between Bebe and James, we could have signed them both. Those were mistake, nothing to deny about it and people make mistake. We've spotted some(pogba, adnan, Ronaldo, Pique, Hernandez etc...), overlooked some, you can't expect us to sign every kid that are offered to the club.
Yes sure, people can laugh at us for signing Bebe and I sort of agree with that but no club(except Porto maybe) in europe spotted James's talent at the age 18 either, critizing Fergie alone is just absurb. It was all down to chief scout, James's profile might not even make it way to Fergie's desk. For me, the whole report is just media bollocks. James is the star in this WC, people love to hear BS back story about him.

Also, I hate to say this but our South America Scouts are never very good to begin with.

Mersault

Did anyone create a gif of all the attacks he suffered that went unpunished against Brazil? If ever there was a hackathon...

Hannibal

Did anyone create a gif of all the attacks he suffered that went unpunished against Brazil? If ever there was a hackathon...
Where will he play at Madrid? Their attack has to be the best in the world with this.

Ronaldo > Messi
Rodriguez > Suarez
Bale < Neymar

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Where will he play at Madrid? Their attack has to be the best in the world with this.

Ronaldo > Messi
Rodriguez > Suarez
Bale < Neymar
Messi > Ronaldo > Suarez > Neymar > Rodriguez and Bale

gaucho_10

Seen someone in another thread say he wasn't very good for Monaco last season.

15 goals, 14 assists last season?
league only stats:

James played more accurate through balls than ANY other player in Ligue 1 last season.

James was the Monaco player with MOST goal contributions last season (21, 9 goals + 12 assists).

No of chances created last season : James : 85 / Ronaldo + Bale 87

James completed 500 passes in the final third last season, more than any other player in Ligue 1.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Suarez better than Rodriguez? You must be new to European Football. Welcome from the wilderness.
Just basing my ranking off what I saw from these players in the 2013/14 club season. And yeah, Suarez was better than Rodriguez last season. Wouldn't know about Rodriguez before that, don't watch Portuguese football.

mufcwarm92

Any chance of seeing Rodriguez as a false 9? He seems to have the goal scoring and creating ability to play further forward and there are more than enough goals from Bale and Ronaldo on either side. Would also allow the side to be more balanced in midfield too.

Kroos Khedira Modric
Rodriguez
Bale-------- Ronaldo​

Ruht

What a steal this is! not

Perez does love to play FIFA in real life. At least the upcoming Clasicos should be an absolute cracker.

Hed Zitin

So it'll be:
Benzema​
Ronaldo James Bale​
Kroos/Modric Alonso/Khedira​

Modric, Kroos, Khedira or Alonso on the bench is criminal.

Ruht

A steal ? They're going to overpay for him not that it ever bothered them.
That's why I used the white text at the end! It really irks me how they spend such absurd amounts of money for players but then again they have the revenue to cover it. Or you know, those dodgy bank loans.

At the end of the day it's Madrid we are talking about so I'm not surprised. It will get worse with time I've no doubt.

Gladiator

Any chance of seeing Rodriguez as a false 9? He seems to have the goal scoring and creating ability to play further forward and there are more than enough goals from Bale and Ronaldo on either side. Would also allow the side to be more balanced in midfield too.

Kroos Khedira Modric
Rodriguez
Bale-------- Ronaldo​
would be wasted there in my opinion. as a false 9 i mean

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I think he'll flop at Madrid, to be honest. He's not had an outstanding season as of yet and I'm not counting on this to be his first.

Status
Not open for further replies.