James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ling

He's played well in every game and has been raved about for years, hardly a flash in the pan.
Erm, you said they didn't have as good tournament as James did. I said I would much rather judge player on his club performances. And both Di Maria and Sanchez outshine him in last 3 seasons. So yea.

JohnnyLaw

He's apparently stated that he doesn't want to play in the PL. For those who want us to go after him, we already have Mata who's a very similar player based on what I've seen of Rodriguez so far. His decisions in the final third failed him today for the most part, granted it's not easy to not get affected by all the beatings he took today. The way he took the penalty was very impressive though.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
First I heard of him was Tim Vickery raving about him on the World Football Phone in about 4 or 5 years ago, safe to say he was right.

GledTheRed

Erm, you said they didn't have as good tournament as James did. I said I would much rather judge player on his club performances. And both Di Maria and Sanchez outshine him in last 3 seasons. So yea.
I actually said i have never seen either Alexis or Di Maria play as well as i have witnessed James play in this tournament.

I rate both Alexis and Di Maria very highly too, just think James is/will be a better player.

Wicked_Badger

I don't get why people are mad over Real Madrid spending vast amounts of money on superstar players every summer, they don't have a sugar daddy. They make their own fortunes, But of course I do feel they could have one bad ass academy if they invest more money into their youth programs.
They don't have sugar daddies but are given significant help in that area with favourable interest rates on bank loans & a TV deal that favours them (and Barcelona) more than any other clubs in the world - to the detriment of their other competitors.

Without this they'd struggle to buy their galacticos every summer.

Ling

I actually said i have never seen either Alexis or Di Maria play as well as i have witnessed James play in this tournament.

I rate both Alexis and Di Maria very highly too, just think James is/will be a better player.
Fair enough.

RuudTom83

You can't deny he is a very exciting player to watch.

I'd hate to see Barca/Real scoop him up and throw him onto the pile of stars they already have...I'd prefer to see him in the champions league with Monaco next season.

Its a tired discussion, much like the Pogba thread, BUT i still can't believe United gave Rooney £300k a week to play no.10 when they are so many good no.10's in world football at this time.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Can't see Madrid reverting from three midfielders to two on the back of an amazing season, unless they make space in the squad for James. Khedira is the most likely to be shipped out and it might be Alonso's last season for them. If James does go there, they'll have to go back to the 4-2-3-1 and that might actually prompt them to sell di Maria.

Revan

Assumptionman
Can't see Madrid reverting from three midfielders to two on the back of an amazing season, unless they make space in the squad for James. Khedira is the most likely to be shipped out and it might be Alonso's last season for them. If James does go there, they'll have to go back to the 4-2-3-1 and that might actually prompt them to sell di Maria.
Didn't they played that system last season. Rodriguez will just replace Di Maria in the No.10 role IMO, so no need to change the system.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Didn't they played that system last season. Rodriguez will just replace Di Maria in the No.10 role IMO, so no need to change the system.
Nope, they played a 4-3-3 with di Maria playing as a hybrid winger/CM along with Alonso and Modric and Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema up front. If James comes, I doubt he can play di Maria's role and he's not ousting Ronnie or Bale from the wings so he'll play behind the striker as a #10 and they'll have to sacrifice one from the midfield.

Firstouch20

First I heard of him was Tim Vickery raving about him on the World Football Phone in about 4 or 5 years ago, safe to say he was right.
That was an excellent show. Used to tune in religiously years back. Is it still on?

fallengt

And we denied him for 6 mil because SAF wanted bebe /facepalm
We had the chance to sign him for cheap price so did other clubs and where were they? They just ignored him like us, I don't see what's the point blaming Fergie here.
Even when he was at Porto, noone rated him as a 45m player, not even close.

NMF

Should have signed him when he was at Porto.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Someone photoshop him in a United shirt and add number 10/7 on his back. Send it to him

Fahad Jawaid

Excellent player he is very similar to mata even the way he passes puts alot of curve on them he hits them with the inside of the left foot, where i think he excels even more than mata does, he has a great turn of pace there was soo many times he turned and went after players and left them for dead, his touch, his awareness his vision, and the weight on the pass he puts is perfect, he's going to be some player but we shouldn't be greedy as we are overloaded with players in his position with Kagawa, mata, Rooney even Adnan can play in that position so lets concentrate on a Cm , a Winger and a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.