• Be made to walk alone through Liverpool

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

Not particularly surprised. He won't be fired, even though he probably should be. The father comes out of this incredibly badly - seems genuinely pleased at having caught this on camera, with the wellbeing of his child a complete afterthought.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Disgraceful from Carragher. Just keep your window down and drive on. By saying he was goaded, is there more to it ? Even if thats true, it's no justification for spitting. Literally just shout back five times or some shit, put your window up and drive home.

As for the Dad, what a belter he is. All for 20 seconds of glory to show his mates. Never mind he is putting his kid at risk or other drivers. Deserves points on his license that tool

ice-bionic red

Shame to lose the partnership on MNF he has with Neville but that is inexcusable. If sky don’t sack him for that they are an absolute disgrace

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The words of the father on the video suggest it was their first interaction.
Could be, but Jamie's saying he had pulled up close to him even before the camera starts rolling.
Not defending his actions mind you.

cyberman

Nah, I think you can tell by the daughter's reaction the video isn't the true start of it. He'd probably already been provoking Carragher and then had the idea to get the phone out to record it.

The "Hey look it's Jamie Carragher" is 100% for the video. Who knows what interactions they had beforehand, but the daughter seems uncomfortable from the very start of the video, suggesting more has gone on.
Then why does Jamie give him a wave? His window is up anyway so he wouldn't have heard the dad unless we think it's a high speed, fast and furious style motorway chase?
This thread annoys me no end. We've all used the phone while driving so the faux outrage over that is telling while shouting the score to a Liverpool legend hours after a huge win is abuse and goading. He wasn't even aggressive with it!

Decomposing In Paris

Without seeking to defend Jamie Carragher in any way... what is this Dad doing?
1. He's got his daughter in the car with him on the motorway, he should not be on his phone.
2. He shouldn't be honking his horn.
3. It may be banter to him, but it's not that to Carragher, it's an invasion of his privacy.
4. Carragher's stupid and disgusting reaction results in consequences for his 14 year old daughter.
5. These loving parents then send their 14 year old daughter to high school this morning, having told the whole world that she is "a child", and sometimes people spit on her. Her week is not going to get better. They really needed the attention that much...

superdry

touched by a genius
Bet he's sorry he'd eaten them oysters in the hospitality lounge after the game , apparently Jamie was a spitting distance from home too.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Then why does Jamie give him a wave? His window is up anyway so he wouldn't have heard him anyway even if be had.
This thread annoys me no end. We've all used the phone while driving so the faux outrage over that is telling while shouting the score to a Liverpool legend hours after a huge win is abuse and goading. He wasn't even aggressive with it!
Agree wth all that, looks like they were stuck in traffic. It’s still not right but he wasn’t exactly doing 70 swerving all over the road. Plus the harassing and goading comments amaze me, as you say, there was no aggression there, carra could easily have laughed it off and said some shit comeback. To actually spit is foul.

Finally the social services and awful dad comments are a stretch when you don’t know the bloke from Adam. To me the girl just sounded fed up with her embarrassing dad, hardly life threatening.

Lots of high horses around here.

Oggmonster

Then why does Jamie give him a wave? His window is up anyway so he wouldn't have heard the dad unless we think it's a high speed, fast and furious style motorway chase?
Again, what's this "we've all used the phone" I've not done it personally. I'm allowed to think both Carragher and the dad are dicks.

GBBQ

Deal with what Carragher did and put aside your faux outrage over the driver driving using his mobile (something we all do FFS).
What nonsense, someone actively filming a car driving alongside them while talking to them is dangerous driving. I'm pretty sure its a minority of people who do that.

Nickosaur

Moronic thing to do.

It's a shame - I genuinely find him a top pundit, his analysis and opinion is usually spot on.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he wasn't attempting to justify himself why make up the whole "I was goaded 3/4 times leading up to the incident"?
He was probably providing context but he did say its still unacceptable.

ChrisNelson

I would say that it's a lot worse than what Keys & Gray did, and even going back to Rodney Marsh and his comment that got him sacked.

There is surely no way that Sky can allow him to continue given the previous sackings handed out, because let's face it as scummy as Keys & Gray appear to have been their comments were off air and akin to conversations held in workplaces up and down the country every day. This behaviour from Carragher is way above that in terms of severity and if they allow him to keep his job then they've set a very dangerous precedent about what is acceptable.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
When his first reactions to a provocation is to spit then his impulse control isn’t in best shape.

Another interesting question is when does a pundit stop representing his company after a game. This incident happened outside the stadium but probably only an hour or so after the game. He was still wearing the same clothes he had in the studio.

I’m not sure what’s right or wrong but in my book he’s still representing Sky in that moment. And if that’s the case then some sort of punishment must be given.

I like Jamie. But this behavior is totally inexcusable.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
First off, I like Carragher on Sky Sports as I tend to think he is the best pundit on there, for example after the game I thought most of his comments were absolutely bang on, going against Souness and so on.

That being said, spitting at someone is absolutely abhorrent and I have no idea why that thought would occur to someone to do that. Okay, he was in all likeliness spitting at just the car, but then he ran the risk of doing what he actually ended up doing, spitting at the girl into her face. Disgusting, I feel so bad that poor girl. He may keep his job, but for all the really bad PR this will bring I would not be surprised if Sky sack him. Shameful situation really.

The Dad is a bellend too, recording while driving. He should be rightly punished too and not get away with that. As others have said, the only person coming away from this who wasn't an absolute fool was the young girl.

Sambob

His behaviour is in inexcusable there, but at the same time, the guy filming it is using his phone whilst driving, filming, shouting out of the window and inciting road rage all whilst his 14 year old is in the car telling him to stop. It undermines his little whiney 'thats Jamie Carragher spitting at my daughter' bit at the end, and I imagine he probably wont drive again.

LARulz

Ridiculous from him, would have assumed he got worse when on the pitch. I think he is an excellent pundit and for that reason (him being a good pundit, not me finding him good...). Sky won't sack him. Him and Neville are carrying them in that space. They will probably ''suspend" him for a bit and then bring him out again.

Was stupid thing from Carragher to do, but the driver seems to be a complete prick too. Both parties are stupid and both in the wrong here. Feel sorry for the daughter

What a sick fcuk, im surprised the dad didn't get out the car and punch him in his nose! Spitting on someone is the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone, disgusting behaviour.

cyberman

Again, what's this "we've all used the phone" I've not done it personally. I'm allowed to think both Carragher and the dad are dicks.
99 percent of us then.
Plus it's not even as bad as looking down to dial a number etc, he doesn't have to be looking through the phone to record. His eyes may never have left the road. Even saying that the traffic looks shit enough that it's not even a factor

Kapardin

His behaviour is in inexcusable there, but at the same time, the guy filming it is using his phone whilst driving, filming, shouting out of the window and inciting road rage all whilst his 14 year old is in the car telling him to stop. It undermines his little whiney 'thats Jamie Carragher spitting at my daughter' bit at the end, and I imagine he probably wont drive again.
So true. Basically, two grown men acting like kids while the 14 year old daughter was more matured than either of them in telling her dad to stop.

Oggmonster

99 percent of us then.
Plus it's not even as bad as looking down to dial a number etc, be doesn't have to be look g through the phone to record. His eyes man never have left the road
The made up stat of 100% or 99% doesn't really matter though. It's still illegal and a stupid thing to do. He's not in full control of the car and is more concerned about filming Carragher with his daughter in the car than he is of getting home safely it seems.

Both are dicks, I don't get why the dad shouldn't be called as such just cos you've used your phone whilst driving?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
As someone whose spit invariably ends up on my chin or clothes, I'm fairly impressed by the trajectory. Credit where it's due.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't think Sky have much choice, maybe he could just be suspended for the rest of the season or something. He's a good pundit, but an absolute bellend for this.

Last edited:

redspoony

Fairly sure Sky may end up giving him the boot for this.

If he was doing punditry on a match where a player did it he'd be giving him pelters so...

saivet

Lfc fan at work saying how Carra tore into Diouf for spitting all those years ago..

Peanut Butter

Carragher is done. Sky Sports are a huge brand and won't be associated with this behaviour, their lawyers will be advising them to get rid as we speak.

Wonder who will replace him on MNF? My money is on Lampard or Henry.

OrlandoPirates-Soweto

I only feel sorry for the daughter. She clearly tells her dad to stop provoking Jamie at the start of the video, telling him to stop which tells me he’s been at it prior to this point. Jamie shouldn’t have done what he did because he could clearly see that the daughter was the one that was going to be at the end of that spit.

Jamie needs talking to from sky and the dad if he reveals his name needs 6 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Akshay

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I hope they don't fire him.

And we don't all use our phones while driving, do we? I don't think I ever have, except for navigation.

cyberman

The made up stat of 100% or 99% doesn't really matter though. It's still illegal and a stupid thing to do. He's not in full control of the car and is more concerned about filming Carragher with his daughter in the car than he is of getting home safely it seems.

Both are dicks, I don't get why the dad shouldn't be called as such just cos you've used your phone whilst driving?
Because the dads actions are being built up due go Jamie's over the top reaction. If you saw that video but Jamie playfully jibes back I bet you calls for social services or statements about this horrible dad abusing and goading Carragher wouldn't exist.
There's a Nivea advert that plays up to this with Klopp FFS. That's how ordinary this "abuse" is.

Pagh Wraith

Are you people defending the dad's video recording while driving serious? It's no different than drink-driving and at the very least he ought to lose his license for a few months.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Fairly sure Sky may end up giving him the boot for this.

If he was doing punditry on a match where a player did it he'd be giving him pelters so...
Yeah, the least he can get is a suspension, but the boot is also very likely. I like him as a pundit, but this is a mad and extremely stupid thing to do.

SNes

Sky didn't sack an employee for drink driving, they won't sack him for spitting.

superdry

touched by a genius
That poor young girl, he's left such a bitter taste in her mouth.

togg

I think there are a lot of blinkered people on here. If this had been an ex United player, mark my words, people would be rightly holding the Dad to account as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.