• Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Playing with your mobile while driving is three points and a £60 fine. That should be a definite since the guy was idiotic enough to literally film himself filming and driving. Whether Carragher receives punishment will presumably depend on whether the man/daughter want to press criminal charges, I presume.
I'm not sure where you've got the £60 fine from mate. If you look it up it's either 6 points and £200 or 3 points. You can also be fined more if prosecuted.

Given there's actual video footage the guy will probably get 6 points and £200 fine for filming while driving.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you use your phone while driving then you're a selfish twat and should be banned for driving.
Yep. It's dodgy enough looking at your phone when driving as it is.
Let alone waving it around filming someone and getting involved in nonsense to the side, not even looking ahead.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Playing with your mobile while driving is three points and a £60 fine. That should be a definite since the guy was idiotic enough to literally film himself filming and driving. Whether Carragher receives punishment will presumably depend on whether the man/daughter want to press criminal charges, I presume.
It's £200 and 6 points.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Ok Carragher is a dick I get that.

But why was a grown man driving dangerously yelling out the window thrusting his mobile phone here there and everywhere with a little girl in the car next to him?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The worrying part for Carragher is that he lose his temper so fast.

People who can’t control their impulses often do stupid things without thinking about the consequences. My memory of the player Jamie Carragher was a person who often acted “crazy”. Many stupid challenges who costed his team valuable points. Reckless tackles, the one against Nani was plain dangerous. All in all these incidents tells me a little bit of what kind of man we're dealing with.

As a pundit he’s excellent. Well spoken, articulated, balanced and quite often humble in his opinions. That’s the other part of him as a public figure.

I can see Sky suspend him for the rest of the season, maybe shorter. He should honestly participate in some sort of anger management and try to learn how to control his temper. As a high profile ex player he can in the end benefit from this if he handle it right.

cyberman

So many saints on here, it was slow moving traffic as well.
Have you ever answered the phone in busy, slow moving traffic to say you're running late?
Enjoy your 6 month ban.
Its a fine and points for a reason. If its a ban then the roads would be empty.
The funny thing being Jamie will be done for the third time for a road rage incident so he could lose his licence.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm not sure where you've got the £60 fine from mate. If you look it up it's either 6 points and £200 or 3 points. You can also be fined more if prosecuted.

Given there's actual video footage the guy will probably get 6 points and £200 fine for filming while driving.
It's £200 and 6 points.
Ah fair enough, must've gotten it wrong on my initial Google, cheers.

Nogbadthebad

He's done then.

Suspension now, so they can get tonight over with, then an announcement of his leaving by 'mutual decision'.

Get paid a million a year to watch football, all you had to do was not spit on anyone.

He needed Stevie Me to tell him, 'Don't let this spit' and he'd have been fine.

Alas, like in 2009, our jamie was so close, yet so far away.

Deleted member 101472

It sways to the left, it sprays to the right
Jamie Carragher, makes spitting look shite

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Have you ever answered the phone in busy, slow moving traffic to say you're running late?
Enjoy your 6 month ban.
The funny thing being Jamie will be done for the third time for a road rage incident so he could lose his licence.
No.
You can say you don't believe it, but a lot of people try their best to follow the book when driving, and not using your phone unless in handsfree is a easy choice to make.

Pagh Wraith

Enjoy your 6 month ban.
If that keeps idiots like the one in the video off the road good! And no I haven't answered my fecking phone while driving a car.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
He'll resign (rather than get sacked) so that SS can bring him back as a freelance pundit every now and again on match days at some point in the future but he'll never have another MNF

C'est Moi Cantona

Not a high bar I know, but he's the best analyst/pundit Sky have got.

Let him apologise, grovel, and take whatever punishment he deserves, but I hope they don't get shut completely myself, it's bad, but not the end of the world.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The worrying part for Carragher is that he lose his temper so fast.
If we believe in Carraghers initial story he said he was goaded 3-4 times before that incident. So it would be a slow build up rather than an initial outburst. One of those journeys from hell that some of us have from time to time. The difference being is my Journeys from hell tend to involved traffic around the M25 or stupid drivers down the M40/M25. Not some prick honking his horn and yelling at me from his car. I'd hate to be a celebrity for this reason, I can't stand dickheads like that guy. I'd lose my temper way too often. :lol:

ChrisNelson

The fact that he's been suspended to me suggests Sky are going for the approach of letting it blow over and hope that nobody is mad about it in a few weeks.

I will be surprised if they sack him now.

Oggmonster

Ok Carragher is a dick I get that.

But why was a grown man driving dangerously yelling out the window thrusting his mobile phone here there and everywhere with a little girl in the car next to him?
The dad actually sounds happy it happened as well. THe smugness in his voice is ridiculous after it happens. The daughter sounds embarrassed he's filming it all really, the whole thing is cringing for everyone involved.

Enjoy your 6 month ban.
Why are you so caught up on the thought that people don't use their phone when driving? Is it beyond the realms of possibility people don't do it and don't like doing it? We get it, you've clearly done it (or do it) but I've seen no one say they're saints for not doing so.

People who don't use their phone whilst driving are perfectly within their rights to say anyone who does is a dick. It doesn't make them saints.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Are you really prepared to label the father a "dickhead" based on 30 seconds of video footage. You know what they say about assumptions don't you?
I agree with you and @cyberman throughout this thread. I’m amazed at how people are slating this bloke, Dick head father, endangering his daughters life, father of the year, social service talk all from a clip of him saying 2-1. Great assumptions! Quite ridiculous really.

The best are people arguing who havnt even seen the video. When you see things written like chased him down a motorway :lol: others must assume it’s at speed. To me it looks more like a dual carriage way if anything, there’s no one the other side of carra is there? And it’s crawling pace traffic. Still not right to use your phone but how people have picked this up and run with it is incredible.

All this has made me realise I must be such a shit human being

Kapardin

He's been suspended.

I know what he did was inexcusable and makes him look like a tool considering how he flayed footballers who did it, but in this case, I think it was genuinely a one-off and he does not deserve a firing. It was more silly than malicious. Suspend him for the rest of the season and bring him back on next season with a warning.

Peanut Butter

Yeah he's done now. It will be 'mutual' when he resigns in a few weeks after this suspension.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I am with Carragher on this.

Driver of the car is a cock imo.

cyberman

@Pagh Wraith
Haven't glanced at who's calling when crawling in traffic? Picked up your phone absent mindedly to look at the time? Maybe the alarm goes off and you need to switch it off? Even reaching for a bottle of coke or a chip is just as bad.
I had to do a driving safety course for a lorry driving job and the instructor would have told you youre not being honest with yourself if you gave an answer like that.
You may be the golden exception but you would be amazed at how many people admitted to the odd exception after giving an answer like yours.

montpelier

he's been caught out saying he didn't see the girl - but only because he doesn't want to admit having seen her & still gobbing in through / at the window

the only other answer is ''I wasn't aiming for her'' - which I'm sure is probably true, but doesn't sound that great either

he's kidding himself rather than telling outright lies is what I'm trying to say

can't see he can stay on though, it's the abnormal-ness of it, even in comparison to sexist banter or driving pissed - gobbing on teenage girls is a more notorious form of misbehaviour I think

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's fecked up badly, and unfortunately he will lose his job for it.

It's a shame as Carragher was the better pundit out of him and Neville IMO, he really grew into that role.

It must be difficult to keep your cool with the general public being assholes, but he should have known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.