Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He must have made his former mate Diouf so proud.

Seriously, Sky should sack him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It’s gonna be hilarious when Carragher is commenting on the next on-pitch spitting incident.
Exactly what I was thinking this morning when I heard of his brainless action. I'm not sure why people are focusing on the father. He's just a normal fan the obligation is on Carragher to be the bigger person due to his public status.

Doracle

I think he’s probably gone in all honesty. A video of him spitting on a 14 year old girl is just such an awful PR position for Sky that I think they will decide they have to sack him.

Interesting that he’s now apparently saying he didn’t see the girl when his initial comment was that (without making excuses of course) he couldn’t understand why anyone would be behaving like that with a child in the car.

Member 39557

I think he’s probably gone in all honesty. A video of him spitting on a 14 year old girl is just such an awful PR position for Sky that I think they will decide they have to sack him.

Interesting that he’s now apparently saying he didn’t see the girl when his initial comment was that (without making excuses of course) he couldn’t understand why anyone would be behaving like that with a child in the car.
:lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Father was being a cnut but can't do that and expect to get away with it. Decent pundit but will probably (rightfully) be sacked. Considering he's apologetic he'll maybe be back in a year or two.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Boo the scouser
Let him know spitting is not right!

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
He gets paid about a million quid to sit and watch football matches for free and give his opinion.

He shouldn't be spitting at anyone, the fecking idiot.
This says it all. He is in the spotlight for his career, you can't go around acting like a yob. I actually quite enjoy watching him on Sky, but I'm sure there is no shortfall of ex footballers wanting to step in his shoes.

togg

I like Carragher as a pundit - insightful, (mostly) fair and balanced, and probably the wittiest of the lot, he's come up with some killer one liners. But I will be very surprised if Sky don't sack him for this, it's pretty damning what he's done. Would be a loss for them but plenty more ex-pros to take his place.
I don't think he'll be sacked. I think Sky will 'suspend him pending further investigation' or something similar in order to buy some time. Sky have worked hard on making them the modern day Saint And Greavsie, so I don't think they'll give up that easily. Apparently, he's not on tonight but has a pre-booked two weeks off for the next fortnight.

Doracle

Initial quote in the Mirror:

“It was a bit more than, ‘Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1’. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?

Today’s quote:

“I didn't (see the girl), to be honest, she was leant back. I wish she wasn't involved. I hate that she was involved more than anything.”

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not only dickhead, an actual criminal. And these aren't assumptions, as he was kind enough to provide us with video footage. Playing with your mobile while driving is as bas as drink driving, if not worse.
And your punishment for this despicable act would be what, exactly?

There is no evidence to suggest any form of drink driving took place from either party involved (although Carra did unleash an unearthly amount of spit so I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he was indeed under the influence) so please stick to what we know.

RedDevil@84

It could have been an after thought after he came to know that the girl was in the car.
I don't for a second think that the so called victim was innocent or he had been goading only the no of times that we see in the video.

Anyways, celebrities or public figures are expected to show more patience and ignore the nuisance makers. I believe Jamie has gone a bit too far with his act. I don't necessarily think that it is a sackable offence. But then TV channels live on PR.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Initial quote in the Mirror:

“It was a bit more than, ‘Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1’. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?

Today’s quote:

“I didn't (see the girl), to be honest, she was leant back. I wish she wasn't involved. I hate that she was involved more than anything.”
They call that bang to rights. Should be sacked with immediate effect.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Considering the amount of stick he used to get on the football field, if he can;'t take a bit of banter from a bloke in a car, then it's pretty immature.

If it was upsetting him, all he needed to do was roll up the window, turn up the stereo and look straight ahead, but, really a smile & a wave should have seen an end to the whole thing, initially.

ChrisNelson

They showed an incredible attitude to women, when the national climate has never been more anti-discrimination.

Sexist behaviour probably ranks higher on the scale then a one off flob incident :lol:

The chances that the guy was just shouting 2-1, is about as likely as Matthew Simmonds'# claim that he was shouting "it's an early bath for you Mr Cantona"
Let's say for example the girl was a bit older.... I'm sure most fathers would rather over hear someone say "I'd smash it" than physically spit in her face. What happened with Gray & Keys wasn't right, but in the grand scheme of things no one was physically harmed - this is a disgusting act and IMO far, far worse.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

There is no evidence to suggest any form of drink driving took place from either party involved (although Carra did unleash an unearthly amount of spit so I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he was indeed under the influence) so please stick to what we know.
Playing with your mobile while driving is three points and a £60 fine. That should be a definite since the guy was idiotic enough to literally film himself filming and driving. Whether Carragher receives punishment will presumably depend on whether the man/daughter want to press criminal charges, I presume.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It'll be very funny if he's sacked for spitting on a 14 year old girl. I don't care one way or the other, but what a way to be dismissed.

Pagh Wraith

Where did I say anyone was drink driving?

I'd say a hefty fine and a 6-month driving ban is a fair punishment.

James Peril

From pikey trash to victim in a matter of a tabloid headline, these people are obviously fishing for fame. Someone will probably link this to #metoo as well, just wait.

Carragher is an idiot, these people in the car are bigger idiots. Slap on the wrist for Carragher, but please stop making a victim out of these ridiculous people.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Playing with your mobile while driving is three points and a £60 fine. That should be a definite since the guy was idiotic enough to literally film himself filming and driving. Whether Carragher receives punishment will presumably depend on whether the man/daughter want to press criminal charges, I presume.
3 points? You might call that poetic justice!

I'm not much up on the law of the land to be fair so i'll take your word for it. Still, it's hardly the crime of the century and I would be lying if I said I haven't been guilty of such on many occasions in the past. Wonder how many others who are beratting the dad have also been guilty of it.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
They showed an incredible attitude to women, when the national climate has never been more anti-discrimination.

Sexist behaviour probably ranks higher on the scale then a one off flob incident :lol:

The chances that the guy was just shouting 2-1, is about as likely as Matthew Simmonds'# claim that he was shouting "it's an early bath for you Mr Cantona"
Hmm hard to compare, one is sexual harassment and the other is an assault against a minor. I'd argue assault is worth than harassment. One is suggestive the other is actual. The mitigating circumstance of it not being an intended assault swings the balance, but it still happened.

I'm sure if you asked most women would you rather being on the receiving end of sexual banter/ harassment or a load of spit they'd likely choose the banter.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I'm not much up on the law of the land to be fair so i'll take your word for it. Still, it's hardly the crime of the century and I would be lying if I said I haven't been guilty of such on many occasions in the past. Wonder how many others who are beratting the dad have also been guilty of it.
Eh? He's literally driving on a road while filming with his phone. That's...extraordinarily dangerous. And not normal, anymore, thankfully.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Where did I say anyone was drink driving?

I'd say a hefty fine and a 6-month driving ban is a fair punishment.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

If you use your phone while driving then you're a selfish twat and should be banned for driving.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hmm hard to compare, one is sexual harassment and the other is an assault against a minor. I'd argue assault is worth than harassment. One is suggestive the other is actual. The mitigating circumstance of it not being an intended assault swings the balance, but it still happened.

I'm sure if you asked most women would you rather being on the receiving end of sexual banter/ harassment or a load of spit they'd likely choose the banter.
The accidental part is the key part.
It's not like he's gone up to a random kid and spat in their face. It's just a really unfortunate result of him temporarily losing the plot at some presumably super irritating goon.

Having said that, Carragher did say in his comments that he couldn't believe someone would carry on like that with his daughter in the car. So he must have been aware of her. Maybe he thought he had more accuracy in his flobbing!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
They sacked Keys & Gray for less.
Good God, what? Keys and Gray were guilty of a creating a consistently unpleasant working environment for a whole number of people. The footage and recordings leaked were the tip of the iceberg. They still have little grasp of them doing anything wrong. What Carragher did was an isolated, instantly regrettable moment, which he has shown more contrition for in one tweet than Keys and Gray ever have.

If you think what they did was less, I’m baffled.

Lam

Surprised he had so much saliva in his mouth.
+1

Edit: Also, some discussion comparing this incident with the earlier Andy Gray one. There is no degree of wrong with these sort of incidents. It is wrong. There is no "that was worse than this" discussion to such behavior. He should be sacked.

Reactions: Sultan
Status
Not open for further replies.