• Be made to walk alone through Liverpool

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Thought Carragher had no brains in putting his Sky gig in jeopardy, but Lingard just split from Jena Frumes in bigger news.

Some people just don't know how good they have it.;)

Oggmonster

Because the dads actions are being built up due go Jamie's over the top reaction. If you saw that video but Jamie playfully jibes back I bet you calls for social services or statements about this horrible dad abusing and goading Carragher wouldn't exist.
There's a Nivea advert that plays up to this with Klopp FFS. That's how ordinary this "abuse" is.
Maybe not but it's happened now and the Dad still used the phone and it's dangerous thing to do and he should rightfully be punished for it. Equally if Carragher just ignored him and drove off I doubt the video would get any traction at all so the reality is we wouldn't know it happened. As it were Carragher spat...that makes him a dick and sent the video viral...the Dad is using his phone whilst driving (and apparently on a motorway as well) which is stupid and dangerous to not just himself but his daughter in the car and other road users. He should rightfully be looked on as a dick whether 99% of RedCafe drive on their phone or not.

Coxy

As bad as this is for Carragher, the father of the teenage girl comes across as an even bigger plonker.

Would you really spend your time goading an ex-footballer over a game he wasn’t even involved in? And record whilst driving? Whilst your daughter is sat there saying “dad, stop”...
This. The dad is a complete tool. To ignore your daughter when she asks him to stop essentially ends up in her getting spat on. Holding his phone whilst driving too. Dad of the year right there.

Both of them (Carragher and dad) are in the wrong for every different reasons.

Brophs

The One and Only
Richard Keys has suggested the equally accurate headline “Carragher’s DNA found on 14 year old girl”

Brophs

The One and Only
If a footballer did that on a football pitch he'd geta ban and everyone would make a song and dance about how they werent a good role model for young people watching the game. Should be sacked, simple as that.
Shouldn’t he get a suspension, then?

iHicksy

Just shows what an absolute scumbag of a human he is. Saying that, I was just starting to appreciate him as a pundit.

Brophs

The One and Only
He shouldn’t be surprised to have been caught on film given that Sky have insisted on filming every single thing to have come out of he and Gary Neville’s mouths in the last few years.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Andy Grey and Richard Keyes can get sacked for being misogyists then spitting at someone should be equally punished.
Okay. But I’m just wondering why you think he should be sacked for something that you say footballers would be suspended for?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The irony of raising the sacking of Keys and Gray to suggest Carragher’s position with Sky is untenable is not lost on me. The first tried to defend their actions as banter, the latter has now reacted to what people want to defend as banter.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This. The dad is a complete tool. To ignore your daughter when she asks him to stop essentially ends up in her getting spat on. Holding his phone whilst driving too. Dad of the year right there.

Both of them (Carragher and dad) are in the wrong for every different reasons.
Hilarious how people are claiming the dad to be some sort of evil role model for his daughter because he had his phone out while driving, yet I guarantee each and everyone of you have been guilty of this very same "crime". I know I have on numerious occasions. Get off your high horses.

Plus how often do you get the opportunity to give Jamie Carragher some banter? He only said "2-1 Jamie unlucky lad", that hardly warrants spitting on a 14 year old girl. I'm sure if the dad had any idea that Jamie would react in such a vile manner, he wouldn't have said anything at all.

Carra is at fault here and he openly admits that fact (even if he does attempt to excuse himself with made-up lies)

Judas

Open to offers
Don't really blame the dad at all, yeah childish of him, but I don't think he expected in a million years that would happen, why would you? Absolutely pathetic from Carragher.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think footballers should be sacked for it too. Happier?
Serious question: would you rather watch less insightful analysts who are whiter than white or better ones who have had a transgression or two in life (and relatively minors one at that)? Ditto with having a team comprised of the best players available, including Cantona who reacted to BANTA with a kick, or a team that has a whiter-than-white but thoroughly mediocre number 10?

mark_a

Rivalries with his club aside, he's got to get sacked for that. Why the hell would he spit like that? Why not just settle for a simple "Eff off"?

It is a shame, as far worse ex-Liverpool will no doubt get his airtime. JC was a decent pundit, which I know isn't hard as punditry is basically just an ex-players pension system!

ChrisNelson

I think there are a lot of blinkered people on here. If this had been an ex United player, mark my words, people would be rightly holding the Dad to account as well.
To be fair there have been a lot of pro-Carragher comments on here praising his punditry and saying they hope he keeps his job - and that the driver is an idiot too.

Put the boot on the RAWK foot if this had been Neville, do you really think one single person on there would have stuck up for him?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hilarious how people are claiming the dad to be some sort of evil role model for his daughter because he had his phone out while driving, yet I guarantee each and everyone of you have been guilty of this very same "crime". I know I have on numerious occasions. Get off your high horses.

Plus how often do you get the opportunity to give Jamie Carragher some banter? He only said "2-1 Jamie unlucky lad", that hardly warrants spitting on a 14 year old girl. I'm sure if the dad had any idea that Jamie would react in such a vile manner, he wouldn't have said anything at all.

Carra is at fault here and he openly admits that fact (even if he does attempt to excuse himself with made-up lies)
Agree with all that.

The father didn’t know carra was going to spit like that, who would? And he’s just playing the embarrassing father to the girl, she doesn’t sound like she’s fearing for her life (as some are making out)

The only thing that shocked me about the father was that he was not livid once his daughter had been spat at. Spitting is not a normal reaction to anything!!!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thought about it and don't think he should be sacked if the family accepts his apology, I think he should do something nice for the girl he spat on like give her some cash. Sky should give him a bollocking and put him on a final warning.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Amusing that apparently we now cant beat Liverpool without there being some kind of mini collective meltdown from the Liverpool biased section of the televised media. This is a particular highlight though :lol:

I reckon they must have all convinced themselves they were going to turn up and win 4-0 or something. Based on what other than their own overhyping of their own team though, I'm not sure.

Calling for him to be sacked is a bit OTT. If he was useless maybe. He's one of the few who isn't. It should be possible to somehow hold Souness and Redknapp responsible for the incident.

In fairness, I suspect a majority of people criticising the dad, can do so from a position of never having driven along whilst on their phone filming themselves goading the driver in the car next to them. Also safe to say that anyone who can say they have done this is a bit of a bellend.

It's not the sort of thing a normal (non stupid) person would do.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A lot of people engaging in "whataboutery" with reference to the driver.

Deal with what Carragher did and put aside your faux outrage over the driver driving using his mobile (something we all do FFS).

And what Carragher did was beneath contempt.

I'm never one for calling for people to be sacked but he's placed himself in a very difficult position over his stupidity.
Speak for yourself.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The girl must have been gobsmacked.

Pagh Wraith

Hilarious how people are claiming the dad to be some sort of evil role model for his daughter because he had his phone out while driving, yet I guarantee each and everyone of you have been guilty of this very same "crime".
No, I haven't. People like you should be banned from driving.

RedFish

Thought about it and don't think he should be sacked if the family accepts his apology, I think he should do something nice for the girl he spat on like give her some cash. Sky should give him a bollocking and put him on a final warning.
Final warning so he can learn that spitting at children is not acceptable? Christ! :lol:

Gungne

Lost his job as commentator for MTG Nordic because of the spitting. He is not wanted as an expert commentator for the CL games on Nordic tv channels.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Is it because I just woke up, or is that actually big Sam? Please tell me that's big Sam! :lol:

Anyway as far as I'm concerned Carragher should be suspended by Sky for a couple of months. Banning him until the end of the season fits in nicely with the time frame of the season.

Also, this is why I fecking hate the internet:

"He's not knived the man"? - I would react better to getting stabbed than someone spitting in the face of my 14 year old daughter. Can you imagine the reaction of some of the students at her school that'll be taunting her now? This type of shit can scar a person for a long time, especially when it's in the media spotlight (something that Jamie should have thought about well before spitting in her face).

beedoubleyou

Okay. First of all, using a mobile phone whilst driving is stupid. That isn't debatable and he's a naughty boy. Maybe that could be discussed in another thread, it's not relevent here at all. Neither is your opinion of whether this guy is a good father or person, I've not seen anything here to make a definitive call.

The goading of Carragher is mild to say the least. He will have experienced much worse throughout his career and it's the inevitable price you pay for having the best job in the world for which you are rewarded handsomely. From Fergie being punched in the balls to Gary Neville having his car tipped over at some red lights, it's part and parcel of being part of the game.

In this case, the 'abuse' isn't even an issue. Shouting "2-1" at someone isn't offensive. At all. You're in a Range Rover with an incredible sound system and windows, this is easy to ignore. Having a short fuse is one thing, spitting at a 14-year old girl is another. This is very bad. The goading here does not equal the reaction. He's a professional and knows better. Whatever happens, he can have no complaints.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Which raises the question - how much cash would it take for accepting a spit in your face?

I wish it was a lot more than I'm thinking, to be honest.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A lot of people engaging in "whataboutery" with reference to the driver.

Deal with what Carragher did and put aside your faux outrage over the driver driving using his mobile (something we all do FFS).

And what Carragher did was beneath contempt.

I'm never one for calling for people to be sacked but he's placed himself in a very difficult position over his stupidity.
BS.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whilst the dad was obviously wrong but some people are kinda equating his act with Carragher which is wrong. What Carragher did was an act of a scumbag, the dad was irresponsible but any equivalency to spitting or drunk driving are stupid.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Which raises the question - how much cash would it take for accepting a spit in your face?

Whatever the girl and family thinks is acceptable. Just don't see the need to go overboard with punishment, it was the girl he wronged and only the girl. A lot of people act like he spat on them too.

Pagh Wraith

I think most people are happy to take a pay-off for such minor offenses (in terms of damage caused). [Irrelevant point] even got away with killing someone drink-driving because the family accepted whatever it was he paid them.

Rockets Redglare

Is it because I just woke up, or is that actually big Sam? Please tell me that's big Sam! :lol:

Anyway as far as I'm concerned Carragher should be suspended by Sky for a couple of months. Banning him until the end of the season fits in nicely with the time frame of the season.

Also, this is why I fecking hate the internet:
Bob Carolgees.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Whatever the girl and family thinks is acceptable. Just don't see the need to go overboard with punishment, it was the girl he wronged and only the girl. A lot of people act like he spat on them too.
No, I agree. I'm genuinely asking the question and I want numbers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Whilst the dad was obviously wrong but some people are kinda equating his act with Carragher which is wrong. What Carragher did was an act of a scumbag, the dad was irresponsible but any equivalency to spitting or drunk driving are stupid.
Yes I agree what Jamie did was terrible, but that dad put his daughter's welfare at risk by driving along goading a pundit and filming it at the same time, then surprise it appears in the tabloids. He is a scumbag, who likely thinks he is now the dogs bollocks for potentially getting Carragher the sack. Jamie should have just drove on and ignored him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I think most people are happy to take a pay-off for such minor offenses (in terms of damage caused). [Irrelevant point] even got away with killing someone drink-driving because the family accepted whatever it was he paid them.
Yeah mate but how much would you take? Obviously you'd ask for more but what's your minimum?

Status
Not open for further replies.