• Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
The dad is a massive twat as well (doesn't make Carragher the victim, mind) but I have to be honest, his "Jamie Carragher just spat on my daughter. NICE." at the end is fecking hilarious. Dying here:lol::lol:

cyberman

Lampard could work, early days but he hasnt said anything completely stupid yet.

On Carragher, some people seem to be justifying one event by the other. Dad's an idiot and I hope a judge fines him "what the Mirror paid you plus £1". What Carragher did is scummy - apart from potentially being 'assault' (so my Sol mate tells me), I do that and my company sacks me instantly. He'll probably get some gardening leave and tiptoe back in in a few weeks.
That's not how fines work!
I hope the girl gets every penny of it

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
"The distance he gets on the delivery is fantastic. We've just witnessed something very special."

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
If the dad broke Carragher's legs in retaliation I would say good on him - what a fecking scumbag Carragher is, he should be ashamed.

Fully Fledged

Shouldn’t he get a suspension, then?
At the end of the day it’s child abuse. He physically assaulted a 14 year old girl.
Yes the dad in also a tool and should be done for using his phone while driving.

That does not excuse spitting on a child though.

aaron221295

Supports
Luton Town
Dads reacting that way because he can literally see the dollars flying in.. how much do you reckon he sold that video for?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Keys, gray, Carragher

What is it with sky sports presenters/analysts

Next up: Gary Neville tossed one off whilst driving. NICE

Nogbadthebad

His pundit career is over with sky I would think.

You can gloss over many indiscretions, but lobbing a lugie at a kid because your team lost and the banter got too much is not one of them.

pacifictheme

Keys and gray sexual harrassment - fired

Rodney marsh toon army - fired

Kirsty gallagher / paul merson drink driving - not fired

Where does carragher sit?

Jig1234

Yes but one is famous and gets paid to be a celebrity. So he must behave no matter what. The other is a prat but a nobody. Agreed Carragher was provoked, but absolutely no excuse. Should be sacked and shamed for this. Worse than Gray and Keys’ lad humour.

What does being a celebrity have do with anything. I've said spitting was wrong. But people are coming for Carragher and not the guy using his phone whilst driving. He has his daughter in his car.I am not sure I would be using my phone while driving and hurling abuse someone in another car. Trying to suggest the bloke is not just as culpable is pathetic.

predator

Youth NITK
The guy is an ex Liverpool player and currently a pundit on skysports. Surely he has been goaded for years by rivals fans, as would have Neville. You can't spit at people for winding you up though. What a disgusting way to deal with it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Will Liverpool players be wearing Jamie Carragher t-shirts before the next game?

Cereal Killer

Is it because I just woke up, or is that actually big Sam? Please tell me that's big Sam! :lol:

Anyway as far as I'm concerned Carragher should be suspended by Sky for a couple of months. Banning him until the end of the season fits in nicely with the time frame of the season.

Also, this is why I fecking hate the internet:
Re-read the entire exchange (with multiple posters) and you'll understand why I had to over-exaggerate.

Oggmonster

His pundit career is over with sky I would think.

You can gloss over many indiscretions, but lobbing a lugie at a kid because your team lost and the banter got too much is not one of them.
I think him, Neville and probably Redknapp and Henry are pretty irreplaceable for Sky at the moment. If it was one of their part time pundits they wouldn't be on tele again.

I'm not sure what should happen in all honesty it's a horrible thing spitting at people, proper scummy but I don't think they'll sack him to be honest. I reckon he'll be gone for a few weeks with a bit of a bollocking and eased back in.

Keys and gray sexual harrassment - fired

Rodney marsh toon army - fired

Kirsty gallagher / paul merson drink driving - not fired

Where does carragher sit?
Depends on what Sky want, I reckon they weren't arsed about Marsh he brought feck all to them really and is easily replaceable. Rumours are they wanted rid of Keys and Gray and that helped them massively. The rest they wanted to keep so did, I don't think there's a criteria people can compare it to really.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So who will take his place? Lampard? It's a shame that he is so stupid as he was alright as a pundit. The guy who filmed him while driving is obviously an absolute tool, but so is Jamie.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That should be his punditry career in the toilet. Was a disgusting thing to do and I've lost a ton of respect for him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Agree with all that.

The father didn’t know carra was going to spit like that, who would? And he’s just playing the embarrassing father to the girl, she doesn’t sound like she’s fearing for her life (as some are making out)

The only thing that shocked me about the father was that he was not livid once his daughter had been spat at. Spitting is not a normal reaction to anything!!!
Toward the end of the video, the dad began to show concern for his daughters welfare after he learned she had been spat on. Somewhat belated, maybe, but clearly he was concerned.

In fairness, I suspect a majority of people criticising the dad, can do so from a position of never having driven along whilst on their phone filming themselves goading the driver in the car next to them. Also safe to say that anyone who can say they have done this is a bit of a bellend.

It's not the sort of thing a normal (non stupid) person would do.
Yeah the dad clearly wasn't thinking straight at the time. He was likely caught up in the moment following an epic United win over our biggest rivals, noticed Carra driving beside him took the opportunity to give him some banter - rather tame banter at that - probably not the wisest move considering his daughter was sitting in the passenger seat next to him, but there is no way he could have expected such a vile reaction from Carra. Having never been a position like that myself, I'd like to think I would pass on the opportunity to give Carra some banter after considering my daughter was with me (then again my little girl is only 7 so she'd be in the backseat anyway) but who knows.

No, I haven't. People like you should be banned from driving.
By that logic you would be banning a large percentage of drivers nationwide. Most of us are not perfect beings like your fine self.

Let's not lose sight of that fact that Jamie Carragher is the guy in the wrong here. The dad was stupid for recording a video on his phone whilst driving (no I have never done that before you ask!) but absolutely did not deserve Carra's reaction, not in any way shape or form.

predator

Youth NITK
I can't believe some people are mentioning the fact the bloke winding him up is driving without the correct safety measures in place. Carragher doesnt give a shit about that. He spat into a car window. Isn't it classed as assault aswell? It is genuinely disgusting ans if that is what he is capable of doing then I hope this ends badly for him.

SirAF

Ageist
Carragher was going to cover the Sevilla match at OT for Viasat Scandinavia - they have now confirmed that he's going to sit that one out until they know more.

mad1max954

I had started to come around to the idea that Jaime was a decent and respectable pundit. Turns out, he is just a jumped up scumbag.

Pagh Wraith

By that logic you would be banning a large percentage of drivers nationwide. Most of us are not perfect beings like your fine self.
Are you okay with drink driving too then? Believe it or not, that is actually less dangerous than using your phone according to statistics.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Whilst the dad was obviously wrong but some people are kinda equating his act with Carragher which is wrong. What Carragher did was an act of a scumbag, the dad was irresponsible but any equivalency to spitting or drunk driving are stupid.
@TheReligion

What crime is worse? Carragher spitting or the father driving with the phone out and filming/chasing him?

I'd have thought driving recklessly would be the bigger crime given that a car can kill people while spit is... spit.

Oggmonster

Yeah the dad clearly wasn't thinking straight at the time. He was likely caught up in the moment following an epic United win over our biggest rivals, noticed Carra driving beside him took the opportunity to give him some banter - rather tame banter at that - probably not the wisest move considering his daughter was sitting in the passenger seat next to him, but there is no way he could have expected such a vile reaction from Carra. Having never been a position like that myself, I'd like to think I would pass on the opportunity to give Carra some banter after considering my daughter was with me (then again my little girl is only 7 so she'd be in the backseat anyway) but who knows.

Let's not lose sight of that fact that Jamie Carragher is the guy in the wrong here. The dad was stupid for recording a video on his phone whilst driving (no I have never done that before you ask!) but absolutely did not deserve Carra's reaction, not in any way shape or form.
Don't quite get these points here. You're excusing breaking the law and being at risk to every other road user cos United won? So you'd happily use your phone after a game and be confident it's ok to do what the Dad did if United won that game? Give all the banter you want but not at the risk of others surely that's common sense? If the guy crashed in to the back of me cos he was filming his banter video for whatever reason I wouldn't go "Ah you're a United fan and you were giving Carragher some shit? Not to worry mate." I'd think the guy was still a dick.

Again you're "By that logic you would be banning a large percentage of drivers nationwide." is common sense. Yes, if they use their phone when driving they should be prosecuted as such. If the original poster thinks people who use their phone and drive should be banned then so be it. I didn't see the guy claiming to be perfect.

There's 2 people in the wrong in the video, Carragher for spitting and the guy for using his phone whilst driving, I don't get why people are caught up on blaming one or the other.

Judas

Open to offers
At the end of the day it’s child abuse. He physically assaulted a 14 year old girl.
Yes the dad in also a tool and should be done for using his phone while driving.

That does not excuse spitting on a child though.
You probably shouldn't throw around terms like child abuse for incidents like this, it's pretty insensitive.

SteveCoppellFan

You just cannot defend Carragher here in anyway.

What a idiotic thing to do in his position, literally no chance Sky keep him on after this.

Oggmonster

Not to take this off topic but what happened with Rodney Marsh? I haven't heard of that one.
He said Beckham turned down a move to Newcastle cos of "The Toon Army in Asia" obviously referring to the Tsunami that had happened. It's a bit different for Sky cos it was said on their TV programme, they should control it more and would argue that could be the case of Keys and Gray to, the others did stuff out of their working time.

Smores

Why are people critiqing the dads driving in a thread about Carragher spitting at someone? :wenger:

I'm pretty sure Carragher didn't spit in outrage at the guys driving

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Not to take this off topic but what happened with Rodney Marsh? I haven't heard of that one.
Compared the Toon Army to a Tsunami. Not long after the 2004 disaster. The bell.

I think I remember Tony Cascarino refering to Armand Traore performance against us as 'a holocaust'. Ridiculous really.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
He said Beckham turned down a move to Newcastle cos of "The Toon Army in Asia" obviously referring to the Tsunami that had happened. It's a bit different for Sky cos it was said on their TV programme, they should control it more and would argue that could be the case of Keys and Gray to, the others did stuff out of their working time.
Compared the Toon Army to a Tsunami. Not long after the 2004 disaster. The bell.

I think I remember Tony Cascarino refering to Armand Traore performance against us as 'a holocaust'. Ridiculous really.
What a pleb!

Status
Not open for further replies.