Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Source: BBC

I don't know about United return - Januzaj
Posted at15:04

Getty Images

Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj says that he does not know if he will return to Old Trafford from his loan spell with German side Borussia Dortmund.

“I don’t know," the 20-year-old Belgian repliedwhen asked about his future beyond the end of the season.

“I wanted to join somewhere I could play and there were a few things behind that were a problem but I’m happy here. I just need more games to play and then I’ll be fine.”

Januzaj started his first game since October in Dortmund's Europa League defeat to PAOK and was rated a humiliating 1/10 by German newspapers WAZ and Ruhr Nachrichten.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
By the sound of things, Lingard is a much better option. He's taken his opportunity & grabbed it with both hands, you can't say the same for Januzaj.
True, right now Lingard is better suited to us and he's an effective player. But to give Januzaj a little bit of the benefit of the doubt, he didn't get a run of games under LvG and isn't getting it at Dortmund. I don't expect Januzaj to perform if he's only getting a 10 minutes here and there. I think he'd look a lot better than he currently does if he had been given the run of games Lingard has benefited from recently.

Then again, he'd be getting that run of games elsewhere if he he'd have chosen a more suitable club to go to. He shouldn't have been given a say it anyway. The management knows better than he does.

khoazany

By the sound of things, Lingard is a much better option. He's taken his opportunity & grabbed it with both hands, you can't say the same for Januzaj.
He did it two seasons ago.Young players will have their ups and downs, and sometimes it just didn't work out for them at certain clubs due to various factors.The change of management has really impact Januzaj.I'll look forward to see him under the new manager if he's still here by then.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Januzaj:
"I wanted to join somewhere I could play and there were a few things behind that were a problem but I’m happy here."
It would be interesting to know what exactly he means by that (I assume he's refering to things at Dortmund), and if the past tense ("were") is what he said and meant or if said problems persist.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
it should be united's decision to cancel this loan in january, even if it means paying dortmund to agree to it. i'd say he should be loaned to another team of a lesser calibre to ensure more starts.

this loan is a disaster for him, a complete write off. i'm not overly surprised/disappointed by his poor performance yesterday given how little he's played. but he needs to take responsibility and do everything he can to earn his minutes on the pitch.

the player that he was two seasons ago didn't disappear forever, i'm confident in that.

dr.twinny

He can't play for a 3rd team this season, so I don't see us recalling him to return to us just to sit on the bench. He needs to apply himself better and work much harder over the mid-season break. Anything can happen between now and May.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I think there's a good chance that the deal will be made permanent in January and he stays in Dortmund. It just makes the most sense for everyone and just don't believe van Gaal rates him highly. If he did, Januzaj would never have left.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I think there's a good chance that the deal will be made permanent in January and he stays in Dortmund. It just makes the most sense for everyone and just don't believe van Gaal rates him highly. If he did, Januzaj would never have left.
Seemed most likely all along, to be honest.

marlowe78

Loaning him was the move I've had most issue with, I saw no point at all to doing it. He didn't play particularly well when the season began but you could say that for a lot of players.

Crossie

Supports
it should be united's decision to cancel this loan in january, even if it means paying dortmund to agree to it. i'd say he should be loaned to another team of a lesser calibre to ensure more starts.
The regulations do not allow Adnan to play for a 3rd team this season. Therefore, he either stays or returns to United. The question is not only what the clubs agree upon but what Adnan thinks is best for him.

NinjaFletch

Absolutely nothing LVG has said supports this theory.

FromTheBench

Would be stupid on Woodward's part anyway to sell him even if LVG doesn't rate him. I'd recall him and loan him somewhere else if LVG doesn't want him.

This whole loan to Dortmund was stupid to begin with. He would be playing more for us.

Actually if LVG rates Lingard over him as a prospect then i hope he is sacked ASAP.

RoyoftheRavers

If he rated him highly he wouldn't have let him go on loan in the first place and would've made assurances to Januzaj that he'd get game time.

Considering none of our winger options are particularly strong this year it was ridiculous to let him go on loan in my opinion. He's got the potential - the manager should be looking to unlock it instead of offloading him in the hope someone else unlocks it.

RikRuud

Going by yesterdays performance, he isn't getting in our starting eleven now. Certainly not over lingard martial Memphis and mata. He has gone backwards in development. He made a wrong choice in Dortmund.
Agreed this rigid we have adopted is not suited to him. Or anyone else for that matter, I would rather he went somewhere like villa or Sunderland for more minutes

marlowe78

If he rated him highly he wouldn't have let him go on loan in the first place and would've made assurances to Januzaj that he'd get game time.

Considering none of our winger options are particularly strong this year it was ridiculous to let him go on loan in my opinion. He's got the potential - the manager should be looking to unlock it instead of offloading him in the hope someone else unlocks it.
Never mind on the wing, I think he has potential as a striker as well.

Zoo

He'll be back, the club were clear on that at the time. Whether he stays or finds a better suited loan (surely in the PL) will be the question.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It didn't look as if he was against the loan though, which tells more than his praise for the player. As far as I know, van Gaal doesn't believe loan deals are a good way to develop players. He made that perfectly clear when Alaba pushed for a loan at Bayern to get playing time and van Gaal publicly stated that training under him is better for his development than playing regularly somewhere else. And in my opinion that fits way more to van Gaal's philosophy than a rushed loan deal, even more because United's squad in attack is so thin, that giving Januzaj playing time wouldn't have been a problem at all. If you want to have a future in van Gaal's team, you need to understand his system, that's more important than anything else.

I really can't see a future for Januzaj under van Gaal and unless United doesn't plan with van Gaal for next season, I doubt he'll return.

prath92

Agreed this rigid we have adopted is not suited to him. Or anyone else for that matter, I would rather he went somewhere like villa or Sunderland for more minutes
I think we wanted him to play in the PL too but he may have thought that playing for dortmund is better for his stature than bottom teams in the PL.

Crossie

Supports
The upcoming weeks shall be interesting. If LvG stays, I tend to agree with Balu that Januzaj has no future under him. Without LvG at United's helm any longer, however, the situation may totally change.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
We need to get him back, it's simple as that. None of the elite attackers will be available in the January transfer window and we need numbers.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

this loan is a disaster for him, a complete write off. i'm not overly surprised/disappointed by his poor performance yesterday given how little he's played. but he needs to take responsibility and do everything he can to earn his minutes on the pitch.

the player that he was two seasons ago didn't disappear forever, i'm confident in that.
If Giggs goes to Swansea, it might not be a bad idea to loan him there.

Crossie

Supports
While that sounds like a good idea, I'm skeptical about it coming to life.

First of all, Januzaj cannot play for another club this season. He played for United and Dortmund, and the regulations don't allow for a 3rd club.
Moreover, his contract expires in '18. If he was loaned out again next season, there would be only one year on his contract left when he returns. Furthermore, players usually don't like being loaned out two consecutive seasons to different clubs (Lukaku comes to mind); therefore I expect Januzaj to push for a decision from your management whether or not he has a future at United.

Crossie

Supports
He didn't make it into the squad tonight.

Crossie

Supports
That's a rather interesting reaction to the consequence of Januzaj's very poor performance.

settembrini

This is maybe the dumbest loan deal we've ever done. We've sent a player we could really use to a team where he won't play.

Crossie

Supports
The whole team played poor that match, were they also all dropped?
If this wasn't Januzaj but let's say Hofmann you'd probably wouldn't mind.

Adnan was together with Reus the poorest player on the pitch on Thursday. Contrary to Reus though who had a number of decent up to brilliant performances this season and is a player which we employ, there hasn't been a single really convincing one from Adnan as a loan player.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
JANUZAJ EMBRACING DORTMUND EXPERIENCE
Adnan Januzaj has revealed he plans to work individually on his fitness during the month-long winter break in the Bundesliga.

The Manchester United winger is on loan at Borussia Dortmund and, although he started in the home Europa League defeat to Greek side PAOK on Thursday, he is keen for more game time in Germany.

After he and Luke Shaw went to Dubai in the close season with a fitness coach from United, Januzaj is clearly determined to ensure he is in top shape for 2016.

"Everything is going good for me but it's never easy at the start," he told MUTV. "I needed a bit of adaptation time, one or two months, to adapt to German football and get to know my team-mates.

"It's a very difficult language to learn but I can understand quite a bit of it. Everyone speaks English in the team so it's easier for me to communicate with them.

"Of course, I want to play more games. We have a really good team over here and are winning a lot of games. Our ambition is to try to overtake Bayern Munich at the top of the league and we also want to win the Europa League. I can say I feel good at the club, I just need to get more games and I'll be fine.

"Everywhere you go, you have to fight for a place. It's not easy, even if you go to a smaller place, you also have to fight for the place and I am ready to fight at any time.

"I will go somewhere on holiday [this winter] to work by myself so hopefully I can do something in the second part of the season."

Like Januzaj, United were in Germany this week for the Champions League group defeat to Wolfsburg but regardless of where the Reds are playing, the Belgium international closely tracks what's happening at his parent club.

"I check the results as I'm a Manchester United player," he added. "I'm still in touch with my friends as I am from there. I'm happy to be a United player but also to come and get more experience abroad."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...borussia-dortmund-and-winter-break-plans.aspx

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
so after this weekend Dortmund have no game until end Jan due to winterbreak - we will play 6 matches in the meantime (which is mental in itself but thats a whole other thread), BRING HIM BACK FFS !

GloryHunter07

so after this weekend Dortmund have no game until end Jan due to winterbreak - we will play 6 matches in the meantime (which is mental in itself but thats a whole other thread), BRING HIM BACK FFS !
Seconded!

Status
Not open for further replies.