Januzaj | Confirmed: On Loan at Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Januzaj can play against you in case you face Dortmund at some point.

Crossie

Supports
Januzaj neither participated in training today nor did he fly to Augsburg for the German cup match.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
any idea why he's not training or with the squad?

for all the talk of him having a bad attitude or whatever, this article seems to strongly refute that with plenty of quotes.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ust-rip-up-his-borussia-dortmund-deal-4108642

Thomas Tuchel, the BVB coach, rates the Belgian winger. And his new teammates have welcomed him warmly.

In terms of attitude, there's been no complaints from the Dortmund camp. A training ground blast of "you're sleeping!" from Tuchel was plastered across the Belgian backpages earlier this season, but coming after a humbling by Bayern Munich, the coach's rap, a source tells Tribalfootball.com, wasn't just aimed at Januzaj, but also Adrian Ramos. It was simply a one-off moment. Overall, BVB management are delighted with Januzaj's attitude around the club.

"The coach of Dortmund is crazy about Adnan," insists his agent, Dirk Devriese. "The club has assured him that he will be physically ready after the New Year."

But the reality is Tuchel will not select him ahead of established players like Reus and Aubameyang.

"At first he produced some good performances on the wing. He needs to know how we play," says Tuchel.

"He's also made friends quickly on the team. Everyone gives him the support he needs so that he gives the best of himself. He is a player who has confidence with the ball, who likes duels, who has a good awareness of what is around him and is effective in front of goal. He is on track."

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ia-dortmund-deal-4108642#sthash.AtJW9xPZ.dpuf

Crossie

Supports
Many of the Tuchel quotes in the article sound like the ones very soon after AJ's arrival; therefore I'd take them with a grain of salt.
From what I can see, German media are unusally quiet about AJ although it is unusual to miss out on training; Tuchel held his pre-Cup presser before yesterday's training session and didn't indicate that AJ would be missing. I don't think that the reason why AJ isn't selected has any longer to do with his fitness.

Sb_16

It feel weird reading Adan referred as AJ. Anyway, he'll get more games with us than them. So, why not cut this loan short.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Many of the Tuchel quotes in the article sound like the ones very soon after AJ's arrival; therefore I'd take them with a grain of salt.
From what I can see, German media are unusally quiet about AJ although it is unusual to miss out on training; Tuchel held his pre-Cup presser before yesterday's training session and didn't indicate that AJ would be missing. I don't think that the reason why AJ isn't selected has any longer to do with his fitness.
yeah, it certainly doesn't add up does it.

it's possible it's in fact a toxic situation for him in dortmund, but then again, it seems like united is a a bit of a mess right now too. so if i'm him, i'm not sure where i'd rather be right now especially since LVG clearly doesn't rate him at this time.

Crossie

Supports
Journalists from Dortmund media partner say that Adnan hasn't been in training and in squad for the last couple of matches due to muscular problems.

No direct but indirect link to Adnan: Jonas Hofmann who apparently is a bit higher in the pecking order than Adnan is sought by a couple of clubs this winter. Dortmund are only willing to sell him if there is an adequate replacement for him available. This is 100% in line with what the club said earlier about any potential player leaving Dortmund and therefore, I wouldn't expect Adnan to return to OT before summer.

caid

Journalists from Dortmund media partner say that Adnan hasn't been in training and in squad for the last couple of matches due to muscular problems.

No direct but indirect link to Adnan: Jonas Hofmann who apparently is a bit higher in the pecking order than Adnan is sought by a couple of clubs this winter. Dortmund are only willing to sell him if there is an adequate replacement for him available. This is 100% in line with what the club said earlier about any potential player leaving Dortmund and therefore, I wouldn't expect Adnan to return to OT before summer.
So silly,
we could really make use of him but instead hes going to almost be lucky to make your bench

the hea

Do we even have the option to recall him?

Edit: According to this article we are not allowed to recall him.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester...-adnan-januzaj-borussia-dortmund-loan-1528413
Article 6.6.3 reads: "A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season. Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission from the Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short Term Loan Transfers."

Crossie

Supports
It seems as if in theory you could recall and play him; you just couldn't loan him to another club in the ongoing season. All that provided that Dortmund would give their okay.

ken11

If anything, hope Adnan got to experience the Bundesliga atmosphere, and learn from some world-class teammates.

Devil81

Agreed, bring back Januzaj & Wilson. Makes zero sense to have either on loan at the moment.

We need fire power up front, even when we're playing bad we've got no plan B.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Honestly after watching them both play I'd rather let Januzaj have a game rather than keep chucking Depay out there with zero confidence to have another shitter.
I think for both players, it's the worst to keep playing them at United. The confidence has never been so low and our attack has never been so poor. Memphis has been dreadful, but dont think Januzaj would have any sort of benefit under this team. He had zero use last season under van Gaal and you might have forgotten how frustrating he was too, dont think he'd improve much un that, our football doesnt suit him. Best would still be to find him a good loan where he could get games.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Januzaj hasn´t looked good, when he received playing time. Maybe Dortmund take the same view they had with Kagawa. That they need to fix him physically and adjust him to modern football after being at United for too long. :nervous:

Or they just hide him on the bench to lower the transfer fee.

Not sure why they´d sell Hoffmann, unless he desperately wants to leave. Not like they have tremendous depth in attacking midfield, when you consider that Reus will always miss half the games. Could be seen as a vote of confidence for Januzaj.

In Rainbows

Januzaj hasn´t looked good, when he received playing time. Maybe Dortmund take the same view they had with Kagawa. That they need to fix him physically and adjust him to modern football after being at United for too long. :nervous:

Or they just hide him on the bench to lower the transfer fee.

Not sure why they´d sell Hoffmann, unless he desperately wants to leave. Not like they have tremendous depth in attacking midfield, when you consider that Reus will always miss half the games. Could be seen as a vote of confidence for Januzaj.
I think he's been pretty decent. It was only his last game that was really terrible. Something just needs to click in his head for him to stop thinking dribbling is a strong point of his.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think he's been pretty decent. It was only his last game that was really terrible. Something just needs to click in his head for him to stop thinking dribbling is a strong point of his.
True, but decent simply doesn´t cut it in one of the most productive offenses of the European top leagues. You have to look at his competition. Mkhitaryan has finally fully arrived in Dortmund and is firing on all cylinders, being one of the league´s best players, Kagawa is back to his old self and Castro looks absolute class after a first couple of rough weeks. This leaves Marco Reus, who despite of fitness and form issues is still Reus and produces impressive figures. When the offensive machine is running that smoothly, a player who is still not fully integrated tactically and struggles physically does more harm than good.

The increasing rumours of Hofmann leaving in the Winter window are also not that good of news for United, because it either means we bring in someone new or at least trying to make the deal with Januzaj permanent. Otherwise I don´t see any reasons in thinning out the squad even more when we don´t have a huge number of players there in the first place.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Baffles me more and more that we not only loaned him out in the first place when we're relatively thin for attacking options, and could've used an extra man, but even more so that we actually loaned him to a side who are better than us, as if that was somehow going to make him more likely to get some football. Terrible decision.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can we recall him? He doesn't seem to play much for Dortmund and when he does it's only 20/30 minutes here and there.

He would be starting nearly every game at present, very frustrating.

Crossie

Supports
Baffles me more and more that we not only loaned him out in the first place when we're relatively thin for attacking options, and could've used an extra man, but even more so that we actually loaned him to a side who are better than us, as if that was somehow going to make him more likely to get some football. Terrible decision.
It's not as if United (or LvG) picked Januzaj's loan destination. He himself chose Dortmund and refused other PL sides, so the one to blame for this whole deal is Januzaj and nobody else.

It looks very likely that Hofmann will be sold this winter, further decreasing the chances of Januzaj to return earlier to United. Dortmund would have to find two replacements this winter which would neither be easy nor reasonable; they have zero incentive for acting in an even more inflated market than in the summer, and for starting from scratch integrating two new players.

Blackwidow

What I read in German forums is that all doubt his quality. Too slow for the wing and too less creative for a no. 10 position.

In Rainbows

What I read in German forums is that all doubt his quality. Too slow for the wing and too less creative for a no. 10 position.
I disagree. I think he's been fine creatively for Dortmund. It's his dribbling that fails him. That's where he diverts away from the quicker game that Dortmund desires and where his frustrating decision making begins and ends. Then again, these guys might be expecting him to simply create non stop in his short cameos which he isn't doing.

Crossie

Supports
That kid Januzaj loves hitting the deck at the slightest of contact.
He has got to learn not to do that and stand up to every challenges or tackles that comes his way.
I don't think that's the biggest issue and certainly not the reason behind his little game time.
I disagree. I think he's been fine creatively for Dortmund. It's his dribbling that fails him. Then again, these guys might be expecting him to simply create non stop in his short cameos which he isn't doing.
First of all, all that matters are expectations of Tuchel (+ his team) and Zorc (DoF), and they couldn't care less what journos or fans expect and think of Januzaj.
I'm pretty certain that Tuchel / Zorc have never had the expectation he'd set the Dortmund world on fire and become an indispensable part of our play, creating chance after chance or score a gazillion of goals. I'm also not buying into the rumors that Tuchel finds him too slow, at least not in the physical sense, perhaps mentally. IMHO his decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

Provided he stays until the end of his loan deal, I'd expect that he benefits a lot from the training camp in Dubai but even then, it'll be tough for him to get more game time.

NoPace

I think Januzaj has a fair amount of similarities to Lallana and if Lallana had gone on loan to Dortmund at his age, I presume there would have been similar questions.

It's mental we loaned Januzaj there. It always was. There are well-coached teams desperate for some offensive creativity. Januzaj could have gone there. Bournemouth and Watford are the obvious one here, but I'm sure France, Spain and Germany have others.

Varun

Staff
We didn't want him to go there for that very reason, he insisted

NK86

Memphis looks shite, but tbf this guy cant even get ahead of Castro, Hoffmann and has been even left out of the squad.
Memphis too would be in the same position as Adnan had he been playing for Dortmund. Both Januzaj and Memphis need time and I am sure both will come good for us.

Crossie

Supports
In line with previous statements from Dortmund, Kicker magazine reports that Adnan will stay at Dortmund this January.

Jonas Hofmann is as good as gone to Gladbach, either sold or on loan. Whether or not this will increase Adnan's chances remains to be seen and will depend on who Dortmund bring in for Hofmann (if anyone).

To @Invictus or any other mod:
A recurring topic seems to be that on every other page LvG is blamed for sending Januzaj on loan to Dortmund rather than to a club from the EPL although BVB was Januzaj's choice. Is there a chance to incorporate this into the thread title? Januzaj | Chose to join Dortmund on loan or something alike? Thanks.

Last edited:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I was against the notion of Januzaj going on loan regardless of the club. And I do not think I am the only one in that regard.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Januzaj is a false hope for us at this time. It'll ruin him completely if he comes back now. He wasn't impressing any more when he did play. I can see for that reason why he was let go. I think his future more likely lies in the french league - I can see him drifting and being picked up by a team like Lille. He might then gain confidence and strength and be a better player in 3 or 4 years. Right now, he's got a long, long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.