Chris Sutton
Alan Shearer
Tim Flowers
Paul Warhurst
Henning Berg
Ian Pearce
Mike Newell

All cnuts.
Literally the first Blackburn player I think of doesn't make your list. And he was alright.

JediSith

What I’ve read is that he also helped with the development of many of City’s young players eg Foden & Sancho, wonder if it was on his recommendation that they sold Sancho? Even though the article lazily made it seem like a way back in for Sancho.

Not sure what his current role will be. But apparently beneath Ashworth & more hands on. Possibly a Barrada recommendation?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What I’ve read is that he also helped with the development of many of City’s young players eg Foden & Sancho, wonder if it was on his recommendation that they sold Sancho? Even though the article lazily made it seem like a way back in for Sancho.

Not sure what his current role will be. But apparently beneath Ashworth & more hands on. Possibly a Barrada recommendation?
They worked together at City so I would say so. Also yeah he's a had huge hand in developing City's young players. Worked his way up from u-18's manager to overseeing their whole academy. As I posted a few pages ago, Wilcox is the one who stepped in and stopped City from releasing Cole Palmer when he was 16.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:drool: you mean an actual competent footballing structure at the club?
Has this person ever appointed a first-team manager before? Wasn't he an academy director? Anyway, let's see how this goes.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Has this person ever appointed a first-team manager before? Wasn't he an academy director? Anyway, let's see how this goes.
He isn't the person to appoint a manager, but as 'Technical Director' I assume he will oversee all coaches at the club from Goalkeeping, to U16s to Womens, and Mens first team coach and make sure they are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Including style of play, and how the club operates. I assume he will report back to Berrada and Ashworth in this regard. He isn't the one to make the calls, only report on what is required/what is happening.

Either way it's positive news for having the role filled and having some form of feedback loop as it's not for Ashworth or Berrada to sit and watch the training, they have other responsibilities.

Cassidy

He isn't the person to appoint a manager, but as 'Technical Director' I assume he will oversee all coaches at the club from Goalkeeping, to U16s to Womens, and Mens first team coach and make sure they are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Including style of play, and how the club operates. I assume he will report back to Berrada and Ashworth in this regard. He isn't the one to make the calls, only report on what is required/what is happening.
Yes my issue is what are his credentials for the role, I guess he worked with Berrada before so he must have faith in his ability to perform

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yes my issue is what are his credentials for the role, I guess he worked with Berrada before so he must have faith in his ability to perform
I think that INEOS and Berrada have done their due diligence.

He has obviously impressed at Southampton too, so fair play.

Also it's worth noting that, something is better than nothing at this point. AKA hiring a manager, and sitting in Florida with a big bowl of Cheetos and not even following United unless they get into a final and taking a private jet over.

Imagine actually having accountability and monitoring performance on a micro level.

Cassidy

it is however this information shouldn't be leaking
Serves a purpose, just like all the other leaks under previous regime changes at the club. Sets a narrative, and doesn't necessarily have to be true

leontas

He was Director of Football at Southampton so he must’ve done it before.

Cassidy

I think that INEOS and Berrada have done their due diligence.

He has obviously impressed at Southampton too, so fair play.

Also it's worth noting that, something is better than nothing at this point. AKA hiring a manager, and sitting in Florida with a big bowl of Cheetos and not even following United unless they get into a final and taking a private jet over.
He was at Southampton 5 minutes, Berrada knows him from City.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He was at Southampton 5 minutes, Berrada knows him from City.
9 months but I get your point, not enough to make an impact but enough to start to get some structure in place.

Same can be said with Ashworth at Newcastle.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Serves a purpose, just like all the other leaks under previous regime changes at the club. Sets a narrative, and doesn't necessarily have to be true
The vast majority of managers are underperforming one way or another. That's because the stakes are often set too high and there's only one winner in the end. Do you hear Juventus saying that they are assessing Allegri's strengths or weaknesses or Bayern doing the same to Tuchel? No. Are they doing it? Of course they are. Leaking such info in the public makes us look stupid. Its like spilling in the media that next week's training will also consist of players sprinting and passing the ball.

Cassidy

The vast majority of managers are underperforming one way or another. That's because the stakes are often set too high and there's only one winner in the end. Do you hear Juventus saying that they are assessing Allegri's strengths or weaknesses or Bayern doing the same to Tuchel? No. Are they doing it? Of course they are. Leaking such info in the public makes us look stupid. Its like spilling in the media that next week's training will also consist of players sprinting and passing the ball.
I agree, but you know as others have said, we have a new structure now so all is well... or was it last summer when the leaks were apparently sorted out...

devilish

I agree, but you know as others have said, we have a new structure now so all is well... or was it last summer when the leaks were apparently sorted out...
I am not blaming the new structure. I mean the only boots on the ground at this point are Wilcox and Brailsford. All I am saying is that United are rotten to the core. These sort of things will take years to sort and it can only be done if we go full Rains of Castamere on players, coaches etc.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I am not blaming the new structure. I mean boots on the ground at this point are Wilcox and Brailsford. All I am saying is that United are rotten to the core. These sort of things will take years to sort and it can only be done if we go full Rains of Castamere on players, coaches etc.
100%

Cassidy

I am not blaming the new structure. I mean boots on the ground at this point are Wilcox and Brailsford. All I am saying is that United are rotten to the core. These sort of things will take years to sort.
And Blanc and SJR on the board, and by the way who is to say these types of PR games come from players and coaches and not board level or are we going to pretend we didn't see how the sale saga unfolded.

devilish

And Blanc and SJR on the board.
SJR is the owner of a company that employs 26k people. I am pretty sure that he loves United but he is probably focused on the very company who puts his food on the table. Blanc and Brailsford have similar jobs. Now according to reports Brailsford was the guy whose tasked to do the United audit which means that Blanc is probably having to focus on the other clubs (Lausanne and Nice). Neither person have experience in the football side of things. In fact the football side is Blanc's Achilles heel

So we're left with Wilcox who started this week and Brailsford. The latter is not a football person but had been in sports for enough time to sniff a free loader from miles away

Cassidy

SJR is the owner of a company that employs 26k people. I am pretty sure that he loves United but he is probably focused on the very company who puts his food on the table. Blanc and Brailsford have similar jobs. Now according to reports Brailsford was the guy whose tasked to do the United audit which means that Blanc is probably having to focus on the other clubs (Lausanne and Nice). Neither person have experience in the football side of things. In fact the football side is Blanc's Achilles heel

So we're left with Wilcox who started this week and Brailsford. The latter is not a football person but had been in sports for enough time to sniff a free loader from miles away
This is false, Blanc does have experience of this especially managerial hirings

Crashoutcassius

Think that first part is a reach. Must be a barrada rec if they worked together

devilish

This is false, Blanc does have experience of this especially managerial hirings
I've been following Blanc since his Juventus days. What he did there defied simple logic. Juve were relegated to Serie B with a squad that was filled with stars. Blanc generated enough money to retain some key players of that winning side, build a new stadium and provide the manager with enough cash to be relatively competitive. No wonder why Juve promoted him as their president something very few people outside the Agnelli/Elkann's inner circle were able to achieve.

Yet as CEO his football side was exposed. He stuck to a DOF and a fitness team who everyone knew wasn't good enough. That crippled his career as CEO, something he never recovered since then. At PSG he did pretty much the same. He boosted PSG's finances through sponsorships, infrastructure project and by growing its fan base at lightening speed but the football side was meah. Think of the guy as a Gill on steroids. The guy can do magic with money but football is not his area