Javier Hernandez | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sw33t

Good ol' Alex giving him a good hearty hand-shake and a pat on the back!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Chicarito's 1st training with us:

"Now look here Pablo, this is how many goals you're gonna put past that Shay Given tosser next year..."
"Cinco?!" :eek:
"Yes, cinco, now get out there and do something".

Shimo

Did anyone watch the training session? Did SAF and the coaches spend a lot of time with him?
Training sessions in Houston have been by invite only, so unlikely unless someone on these boards are really connected in Houston.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
From the tour blog:

Our friend Tom from Guadalajara dropped me a line last night and these were his words: "I think you'll get a sneak preview of what Mexicans think of Chicharito in Houston, but Guadalajara will be crazy!" Tom said he was driving past the Nike store in the city and outside is a huge billboard with a picture of the striker and the words: "The future of an entire country at his feet." No pressure then Javier! If you read what he had to say in my 12:16 entry, it seems like he has the perfect temperament to handle the challenges ahead.

Shimo

Check out the Blog and the Life as a Red video - right at the end they show a snippet of him training and looks like he scores. Looked very quick.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={83A644F4-1A7E-48B9-AF95-4605613A9A18}&redirectorid=news_story&newsid=6650596

CJ300

Am I seriously the only one who's noticed this similarity?? They're both Mexicans too which is weird:eek:

Santiago Munez from Goal

Chicharito

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
At this rate we could sell him at a profit.

Great debut I thought, if only Gibson wasn't sluggish in midfield and could find his runs more often...He really does remind me of a young Michael Owen. Blistering pace. The run he made for his first chance was brilliant, and for the goal itself, great run and the finish was class. Looks to be a brilliant acquisition.

kundalini

Really looking forward to watching him this season. I think he's going to be fabulous. He was so impressive in those 30 mins.

Devilton

Looked very impressive for someone who hasn't played for a few weeks now. I'm loving the pacce, his natural instinct to pressure from the front and the runs he's looking to make. The finish was very cool as well (even though I suspect he was offside).

Looks like a younger, less greedy version of Mickey Owens (who I think he will be ahead of in terms of selection).

We finally have a player who is looking to play off the shoulder of the last defender (which should help if he does play alongside Berbatov or Rooney).

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
His timing is brilliant and he is very composed in front of goal. I wasn't overly impressed with his link up play but he was impressive otherwise.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good performance, like his movement off the ball and has pace to burn. Will probably be 3rd choice striker behind Wazza and Berba.

I believe his WC performances and goal today, as well as Kiko's goals have ended Diouf's United career considering the 25-man rule is being introduced.

kikks

He was really fecking fast! Hope he gets some first team appearances this year. Since I watched Olè's debut season as a warm-up to the match, maybe we can get an Olè-like first season? Well, I can dream, can't I? :D

I'll admit. He really impressed me. In that mood he will make an impact in any game.

He threatened them almost immediately and that finish was just clinical. I feel confidence in his future.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Finally a United player that goes after the rebounds...

MalteseRedDevil

I love his guy already. Theres something special about him. Haven't been this excited about a new signing since We signed Rooney

Number7

Ret's Slave
Rooney and Hernandez will pull defences apart. This little guy is exceptional at finding space.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
It's the smartness of his off the ball movement that impressed me, watching the goal closely, he knew he was at an offside position... ran back a few yards pointed to Scholes to pass over there and ran for it ! Boy, he was blazing fast with great acceleration...

I don't think I've seen many forwards do that.... Rooney does it and scores a few goals... I expect Chicharito will be pulling this off all season and hopefully Fletch + Scholes + Carrick + Ando will have a good enough vision to pull off the through ball...

The White Pele

I think Berbatov and Hernandez will be a great partnership, which solves the problem of our reliance on Rooney

Devil may care

He has feck the prom queen confidence, his finish was superbly weighted and his movement is a dream for midfielders with an eye for a pass.

Number7

Ret's Slave
With so many youngsters knocking on the door, do we have room for Owen? These guys need 1st team opportunities and if we get knocked out of the cups early on they're just not going to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.