Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Don't get this talk about him wanting to leave at some future point because he is not first choice (there are posts on this thread suggesting this eventuality). Being 3rd or 4th striker at United is almost as good as it gets, and he'll play plenty of games. And, given all his game and travel commitments with Mexico, why would he want to be at a club where he is playing 50 games a season? We've already seen him being overcommitted because of all the summer international tournaments.
Honestly it will be a surprise if he doesn't leave if he remains nothing but a back up for us. At the minute he'd walk into the Arsenal and Liverpool teams. DareIsay it with Oscar, Mata and Hazard's creativity behind him he'd do more for Chelsea than Torres is at the moment. A confident, happy Javier Hernandez is one of the best strikers in the game and we are benefitting from him having a smile on his face. But he lost that smile last season when he dropped down the pecking order and if it happens again I can see him leaving. He loves playing and he knows his value. He won't sit on the bench for us forever.

Ringo 07

The smart money would be that he could end up at Atletico in a year or so for around 25 million once they sell Falcao to Chelsea. Hope he never leaves though

1st chance he gets tonight gets dispatched. All he needs is clear sight of goal. Just a fantastic player to have.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Clinical.

I think generally he looks sharper/quicker than he did last season where it looked to me as if he had lost some of his pace.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
His build-up play is immensely improved. Now we can count on him to not only keep hold of the ball(which he struggled to do last season) but actually do something progressive with it.

Looking the part this season. That goal was pure class. Perfect timing, perfect pass from Ando but not an easy first touch to make, and absolutely clinical finishing.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Feels like quite a while (it probably isn't) since he scored a goal form being put through one on one like that. Good to see.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His sixth goal against Chelsea if I'm not wrong.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Looks a different player recently that the one we had at times last seasons. Full of confidence again.

Brightonian

He must just love seeing Luiz on the Chelsea team sheet. The Brazilian always always seems to be involved when Chico scores against the Chavs. Not surprising really, I guess: rash, aggressive defender vs canny poacher with brilliant movement. Only one winner there.

twitter thread suggester
It's no easy feat, controlling one of Ando's canon balls.

marjen

He must just love seeing Luiz on the Chelsea team sheet. The Brazilian always always seems to be involved when Chico scores against the Chavs. Not surprising really, I guess: rash, aggressive defender vs canny poacher with brilliant movement. Only one winner there.
That's because everyone Luiz seems to be involved when everyone scores against Chelsea.

He simply doesn't understand football.

Having said that, the timing of that run was great.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
5 goals this season already. And one of only two or three who didn't get on my tits.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was fantastic tonight, held the ball up the best ive ever seen him do, and some of his passes and first touches were exquisite. His game really has transformed in 6 months compared to how sloppy he was before.

If he can keep this up we will have 4 very very good strikers.

beergod

If you told me that he could put in a performance like this last season I would have laughed at you. Whether it be hard work in training or finally getting a proper break someone has done the right thing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you told me that he could put in a performance like this last season I would have laughed at you. Whether it be hard work in training or finally getting a proper break someone has done the right thing.
I think they have stopped him doing all the gym work, he looks a bit less thicker at the minute, and i dont think the extra muscle mass was helping him.

Now he has his speed and energy back the rest of his game is coming.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Another goal for him, chelsea must hate seeing his name when they play us by now. I can still see SAF going with other options and Hernandez being used of the bench on the weekend. Great problem to have with all the strikers right now.

Revan

Assumptionman
I was a little dissapointed when he missed that chance after Cech;s save to Anderson, but in overall it was a good performance from him. Again!

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I think they have stopped him doing all the gym work, he looks a bit less thicker at the minute, and i dont think the extra muscle mass was helping him.

Now he has his speed and energy back the rest of his game is coming.
He does look stronger though, maybe it's just an attitude thing however. I think there's an element of no more mr nice guy about him recently, his play is more aggressive, even his interviews, though still charming, are a little more cutting.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Loves playing off the back of the defender. This game is tactically perfect for him. CB's lacking positional discipline and pace.

He'd be licking his lips every time Chelsea comes up.

manusteve

Feels like quite a while (it probably isn't) since he scored a goal form being put through one on one like that. Good to see.
There would have been more if the passes from midfield cam quicker. There's only so much a striker can do with his run. In any event his perserverance is commendable given the number of his runs that are simply ignored and where passes (inevitably) end up going from middle to wing.

With someone as fast as Chicharito over a short distance, any decent ball would kill the centre halves.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was superb. And apart from his all round play being very good I was impressed by how well he did with his back to goal. Luiz might not positionally very sound but he's very strong physically.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Apologies if this has been answered but what exactly is he doing with that celebration?

And does it annoy those people that get annoyed with the Bale one?

Platato

Psst!
Considering the celebration is for his sister, I dont find it annoying. Plus Cheech is more graceful with his celebrations.

Great touch and shot for his goal. Looking forward to seeing him become more involved in our build-up play. The hard work is paying off.

Varun

Staff
Apologies if this has been answered but what exactly is he doing with that celebration?

And does it annoy those people that get annoyed with the Bale one?
Dedicates it to his sister.

I've never understood people who get annoyed by any player celebrating a goal anyways.

KanieKaned

Dedicates it to his sister.

I've never understood people who get annoyed by any player celebrating a goal anyways.
ah in fairness Robert Pires with his finger wag was always very annoying, as was Thierry Henry and his sullen look on his face after scoring a wonder goal.

Its just a wankerish reaction.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The entire move for our second goal was world-class. What a finish, the bigger and better opponent, the better he plays. Just like Rafael and De Gea. We're going to be one hell of a team when we finish introducing young players and crystalize defence.

You can trust him, that's the most important thing for a striker.

Nathan

I was also wondering about what the goal celebration referred to but each player has a way that they celebrate and if that is what he chooses then so be it. He had an outstanding game yesterday.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not his best game but another goal for him. He does score some unconventional goals.

Is that 6 goals in 12 appearances this season now?

Comsmit

Delighted with Javier at the moment. I was at the Braga game at OT where he was terrific and he's looked sharp, focused and an altogether more accomplished player this season. At times I have doubted his potential for real improvement but I'm pleased to say he is proving me wrong. His first touch is markedly enhanced, his link up play particularly in tight spaces is more intricate and his passing is tighter.

With his obvious dedication to clever movement there will always be goals. He has played his way in nicely and it's great to see.

marjen

That thing where he never tried to shoot, and purposely tried to not score in what was basically a, ehrm, goal, was quite annoying. Still ended up scoring though. He always does. The strange cnut.

Cina

It was such a bad finish :lol: Ah well, a goal is a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.