Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

twitter thread suggester
Glad he got his goal, as he's such a loveable character, but he really doesn't fit in that well. He just doesn't have the technique to match his team mates. I'd much rather see Kagawa together with Roon.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Glad he got his goal, as he's such a loveable character, but he really doesn't fit in that well. He just doesn't have the technique to match his team mates. I'd much rather see Kagawa together with Roon.
I agreed with you in the other thread and I will echo the same in this thread. We looked fantastic when Jav had gone off. For me, Rooney needs to go right up top and we saw what Kagawa offers in a more advanced position. With Jav in the team there is just no fluidity up top. In his first season he had a truly deadly strike rate that made up for his short comings, but now that confidence seems to have gone. He looks best as an impact substitute these days against tired legs and tired minds.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Even after his goal he looked very unsure of himself. The confidence is gone. I genuinely worry that it won't come back either. I think Fergie talking him up in his press conference a week back was an attempt to reassure Chicharito and restore some of his self-belief but as far as I can see its not happened yet. I pray it does because I really like the guy but he needs to find himself soon or else he's going to find himself pushed right down the pecking order.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Hernandez in his first season had great link up play with Rooney, see the quarters vs. Chelsea and the Semi's against Schalke. Even since then, fatigue or his mindset have changed.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I agreed with you in the other thread and I will echo the same in this thread. We looked fantastic when Jav had gone off. For me, Rooney needs to go right up top and we saw what Kagawa offers in a more advanced position. With Jav in the team there is just no fluidity up top. In his first season he had a truly deadly strike rate that made up for his short comings, but now that confidence seems to have gone. He looks best as an impact substitute these days against tired legs and tired minds.
This

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Even after his goal he looked very unsure of himself. The confidence is gone. I genuinely worry that it won't come back either. I think Fergie talking him up in his press conference a week back was an attempt to reassure Chicharito and restore some of his self-belief but as far as I can see its not happened yet. I pray it does because I really like the guy but he needs to find himself soon or else he's going to find himself pushed right down the pecking order.
Please... every player has a dip in form. Count ourselves lucky that its happening in pre season. He'll be back to his scoring best when it matters. What im concerned about is how much football he'll get to play this season. But I imagine Ferguson will rotate the strikers around a fair bit this year.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Please... every player has a dip in form. Count ourselves lucky that its happening in pre season. He'll be back to his scoring best when it matters. What im concerned about is how much football he'll get to play this season. But I imagine Ferguson will rotate the strikers around a fair bit this year.
It happened pretty much all of last season too.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Quite

Kagawa was on another level to Hernandez in an advanced position.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It happened pretty much all of last season too.
10 goals in 1500mins in the league. A goal every 2.5 games. Not great, but not bad. Hardly a crisis. He's in the right positions and thats what matters, when his form clicks he'll be banging far more in.

In the 05/06 season. Rooney had 16 goals in 3072mins, which is a goal in every 3.2 games.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ok maybe I'm expressing myself badly. I don't think Chicharito is going to have an Andy Carroll of a season. Even last year, half of which I'd say he was not quite himself for, he was our second top goalscorer. But if he doesn't get his chin up soon he simply wont have the chance to get back into the first XI. Put aside the transfer rumours and just look at the competition. Kagawa looks the real deal and he prefers to play in the hole and you can't see Rooney being dropped...I'm sure Hernandez will pick it up eventually but by that time he may be nothing more than a bit player to come in when Kagawa and/or Wayne need a rest. That's before even discussing Welbeck and his place in the pecking order too.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ok maybe I'm expressing myself badly. I don't think Chicharito is going to have an Andy Carroll of a season. Even last year, half of which I'd say he was not quite himself for, he was our second top goalscorer. But if he doesn't get his chin up soon he simply wont have the chance to get back into the first XI. Put aside the transfer rumours and just look at the competition. Kagawa looks the real deal and he prefers to play in the hole and you can't see Rooney being dropped...I'm sure Hernandez will pick it up eventually but by that time he may be nothing more than a bit player to come in when Kagawa and/or Wayne need a rest. That's before even discussing Welbeck and his place in the pecking order too.
Well that I agree with. I'm not sure its as doom and gloom as you're suggesting. I think Rooney will be rested more in the League, the last few leagues his form has tailed off at the business end of the season and I think Ferguson will try and rotate the Strikers earlier on to give Rooney more rest so he doesn't burn out. That's when Hernandez and Welbeck will come into play.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
With Berbatov on the way out, Evans improving and O'Shea, Park gone are we making Hernandez our new hate figure? Yeah! feck that guy, he was only our second highest goalscorer last year!

Smores

When Rooneys rested or subbed Hernandez and Kagawa combo will be deadly.

hungrywing

Hope the club helps him drop those few pounds that are slowing him down and also to shed any existing pressure to "improve his all-around game".

He was fine as a classic "Oh FFS where did he just come from" poacher. No need to mess with that. It'll probably even be better for him mentally as well, to go back to feeling like he brings something unique to the team.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Reading some comments here at times you'd think he's gotten much worse as a player. His all-round game was never particularly good and he hasn't been able to find his best form for a while, yet it's as if he's now a lot worse than he was previously when that's not really the case.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like Hernandez, but I don't see him having good season at all. His allround game isn't improving, he is still spending most of the game in offside, and now his finishing is poor also.

I am really sad to say this, but I really don't see anything positive in his game lately.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
are people expecting his stats to dramatically improve every season like FM ? he was purchased to score goals, and as long as he keeps doing that i will be very happy. he doesn't need to become the next Inzaghi to be our third or fourth striker.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm not sure what people are expecting from him to be honest. We know he is a limited player in some ways. But he has good off the ball movement and finishing. Those are the reasons he was signed. He is an impact player for me now, he won't be a starter in the big games anymore now that we have signed kagawa. rooney will be pushed up more, with kagawa behind him in most cases. Chicha will only start when we rest either of these players. Other than that chicha is a very good option to have on the bench and will help to win games

Varun

Staff
He'l score important goals. Just done suddenly expect him to develop a great all round game and you wont be disappointed. It'l take time. Also believe Friendlies arent really a great indicator of anything. If we get RVP, hernandez wont get many league games though i reckon. Not as a starter for sure.

surf

He'l score important goals. Just done suddenly expect him to develop a great all round game and you wont be disappointed. It'l take time. Also believe Friendlies arent really a great indicator of anything. If we get RVP, hernandez wont get many league games though i reckon. Not as a starter for sure.
It will take more than time. He's 24 and as a striker he will probably not develop his all round game significantly from now on. He is what he is. His job is to beat the offside trap and take his goalscoring chances.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It will take more than time. He's 24 and as a striker he will probably not develop his all round game significantly from now on. He is what he is. His job is to beat the offside trap and take his goalscoring chances.
I wouldn't say that. He can develop his game. How much depends on how he applies himself in training. There's no reason why he can't improve. I'm thinking back to andy cole and his improvement, during his time at United. He arrived a similar type of striker and left a much more accomplished player.

Cina

I like Hernandez, but I don't see him having good season at all. His allround game isn't improving, he is still spending most of the game in offside, and now his finishing is poor also.

I am really sad to say this, but I really don't see anything positive in his game lately.
:houllier: Lately, as in pre-season. Ok.

Hard to believe he was being called the bargain of the century at the end of his first season based on the recent comments here.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
:houllier: Lately, as in pre-season. Ok.

Hard to believe he was being called the bargain of the century at the end of his first season based on the recent comments here.
Lately= Preseason, and almost whole last season. He was poor against hannover too, yes he scored a goal, but he also missed couple of good chances too, caught in offside couple of times, the usual stuff.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I personally think the body building programme we've clearly had him on has made him more akward, he doesnt seem like he feels comfortable with the extra muscle mass.

He looks heavy and slower, which i think relates to why his first touch has got noticably worse.

His finishing also seems alot more mistimed, he had a chance for a tap in yesterday but swang too early and fell on the ball - perhaps that was just the lack of confidence / eagerness to score, sometimes it just does not fall right.

I think they should lay off the weights routine and let him get back to what he was doing before. I personally dont think he needs to get "bigger".

Crustanoid

I personally think the body building programme we've clearly had him on has made him more akward, he doesnt seem like he feels comfortable with the extra muscle mass.

He looks heavy and slower, which i think relates to why his first touch has got noticably worse.

His finishing also seems alot more mistimed, he had a chance for a tap in yesterday but swang too early and fell on the ball - perhaps that was just the lack of confidence / eagerness to score, sometimes it just does not fall right.

I think they should lay off the weights routine and let him get back to what he was doing before. I personally dont think he needs to get "bigger".
I don't see why we need to bulk players up, particularly fast, attacking ones. Yes, the English game is physical, but surely using a players natural assets is a more effective strategy

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I don't see why we need to bulk players up, particularly fast, attacking ones. Yes, the English game is physical, but surely using a players natural assets is a more effective strategy
Sort of agree but on the other hand Ronaldo for once wouldn't be half the player he is without massive gym work.

hungrywing

I suspect what happened was that the staff advised against bulking up but the player really wanted to try it out and as a coach you'd have to let him get it out of his system.

Of course it could be the complete opposite, but either way, now that he's tried it out, I hope he decides to slim down just a tad. With Welbeck growing into his role and the arrival of Kagawa, now is a great time for Hernandez to be reassured he doesn't need to 'link up/hold up better' and will best serve the team by being a different sort of option.

Similar examples are the American Football player Jerry Rice, or basketball player Kobe Bryant, who for one season each right smack in the middle of their careers experimented by putting on fifteen pounds of muscle. Both of them dropped all of it within a year.

Scrumpet

There are no words
United Striker Ready For increased Competition

"I think having that competition in the team can be good, to keep fighting for that place will make you and the other players play at their best because everyone - the strikers, the midfielders, the defenders, the goalkeepers - all want to be in the XI so they need to keep improving and work hard.

"It's normal for a footballer, so I'm going to be ready whenever the gaffer wants me to play. If it's one minute or 90 minutes, I want to do my best to help the team win titles."
What's this nonsense about Chicharito being part of the RVP deal ?!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-transfer-manchester-1263074
United striker Javier Hernandez, having dropped down the front-line pecking order at United with the arrival of van Persie, could move the other way to Arsenal.

Hernandez, who endured a difficult second season at United last term, is said to be frustrated at the inevitable lack of opportunities to start now van Persie has joined, amid unconfirmed reports he has told Ferguson he wants to leave.
:rolleyes: At this stage they don't even care if it's remotely believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.