g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Please don't ever leave us Cheech, even if you're not a guaranteed starter, there's no one I'd rather have coming off the bench.

Cold_Boy

Not sure how long he will be happy to be a super sub.

Can see him leaving in a couple of season. :(

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
His time will come. He is our future and he knows it. He worked hard for his place in Guadalajara and he is doing the same here. At this moment in time, in benefits the team more that RvP and Rooney start. He may find it frustrating, but e is the type of character that will use that frustration to better himself and prove his worth. A rare bread in today's game.

Cevno

Tell him to talk with Ole. :p

Depends on what he wants in terms of club stature really and how he improves going on.

Anyways, if he goes we have Henriquez who should be ready in 2 seasons and maybe Will Keane.

Chabon

After next season Van Persie will be 31, he'll almost certainly see out his contract here, but you have to imagine he'll stop being the first name on the teamsheet.

Cold_Boy

Why exactly would he leave? Has he said something recently that I missed?
He has not but how many players will be happy being subs for so long?

And its not like he is not scoring which means there will be interest from other teams for him.

coolredwine

lameredboots
He has not but how many players will be happy being subs for so long?

And its not like he is not scoring which means there will be interest from other teams for him.
Barring the agent bollocks, which started last season (or before this season?), I don't think he has come out saying anything regarding. Infact, as of now, he is happy to bide his time and start and play in whatever matches he gets the chance to. At least that's what I see from his interviews. Also, he is still 24. There are very few players who become first choice, spear heading the teams' attack at that age.

I expected him to start the Everton match, but with the fixture pile up that we will be facing now, I think we will get to see him more and more.

Shark

@NotShark
Where is this coming from?
Who knows.

If there's one player that isn't going to leave, because he's not a first choice striker at the biggest club in the world, it's Hernandez. The lad is enjoying every minute of just being here. You can see that from his interviews.

Amir

Not sure why anyone would think this?

I think its pretty obvious with RVP that he'll matured v well. Hes never really relied on his pace to begin with.
Yep. He's gonna do a Bergkamp and be a really classy player deep into his thirties.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
After next season Van Persie will be 31, he'll almost certainly see out his contract here, but you have to imagine he'll stop being the first name on the teamsheet.
Drogba was for Chelsea. I don't see why Van Persie can't.

Shark

@NotShark
If RVP stays clear of injury, he'll play at a high level well into at least 35-36 IMO and he'll start games for us until he's at least 33.

Widnes

With his injury record it would be surprising if he kept playing well into his thirties.
He hasn't really been injured for about 2 years, Ryan Giggs had a lot of injury issues in his 20's and it looks like he is going to play at least until 40. Not that I expect RVP to play on that long but may be able to play until his mid 30's.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Hernandez will score tomorrow night
Brave prediction, could see it though!

In the last CL final against Barca he was terrible, constantly offside and out of his depth. Warranted it's a different situation and that was a terrible game for pretty much everyone involved. It was his last big European game against top opposition though.

However he's a different, more rounded player, these days. Think he could have a big impact off the bench... all depends on how the tie goes though, perhaps the Home leg will be his time.

Cevno

He'll come off the bench maybe, but yeah he isn't starting.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
shouldn't start against Madrid, but if he wasn't on the bench I'd be worried as feck. Then again I always am when he's not on it and we're not facing the likes of Wigan

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
For anyone who is worried that he will leave because of lack of starts, where would he go to get consistent starts?

None of the big clubs would give him more starts than us (Chelsea, Bayern, Juve, Barca, Madrid etc) and the teams that would are such a huge step down from a club like United (Spurs, Atletico, Dortmond, PSG, Inter etc)

LR7

I've heard a few people say he should start (ahead of RvP) because of his pace on the counter, ability to turn quickly and shrug off defenders and the fact that 9 times out of 10 he only needs a half chance to score. Valid points but I can't see anything other than RvP starting and Chicha possibly coming off the bench at some point.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We could play the three if we wanted. We've great options. Rooney, Hernandez and Van Persie are in form so I don't know. We could put play Rooney on the wing and have RVP and Hernandez up top. I just pray to God, we play to our potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.