Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's a brilliant goalscorer but very few top teams start one of those off the shoulder, poacher type strikers any more. Is he really going to displace one of the Madrid forwards with how fluid and versatile they are?

prateik

Its expected with us playing Madrid.
Ronaldo is coming to United and Hernandez is going to Madrid.
The papers are so predictable.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's a brilliant goalscorer but very few top teams start one of those off the shoulder, poacher type strikers any more. Is he really going to displace one of the Madrid forwards with how fluid and versatile they are?
He will score goals a plenty over in Spain.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If players like David Villa and Benzema are stuggling with goals, I would not say it would be certain Hernandez would have a field day either.

Messi and ronaldo make the league look easy, but it really is not the case.

Brophs

The One and Only
I sort of covered that with "he's a brilliant goalscorer". I'm not criticising him, but it would be pretty disingenuous to say he wouldn't start more games if, like Welbeck, for example, he was more of an all round footballer than a poacher (that's a more limited description than I intend but you know what I mean). The modern trend of one up front and versatile forwards who interchange a lot goes agajnst him a bit.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
If Madrid wanted him, it would be for exactly the same role he plays here, i.e. an impact sub in big games and rotation player the rest of the time.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's a brilliant goalscorer but very few top teams start one of those off the shoulder, poacher type strikers any more.
I thought Fergie's decision to start him against Barca in the Champions League final was one of the most bizarre decisions of his career.

Brophs

The One and Only
I thought Fergie's decision to start him against Barca in the Champions League final was one of the most bizarre decisions of his career.
Yeah I wasn't really convinced at all but I suppose he was in good form at the time and maybe they thought he'd do well on the break.

DevilRed

Yeah I wasn't really convinced at all but I suppose he was in good form at the time and maybe they thought he'd do well on the break.
He was probably our most in form player during that run and he was devastating against chelski in the previous matches. Not even including Berbatov in the squad was probably the more bizarre decision for me.

TheReligion

Abusive
If players like David Villa and Benzema are stuggling with goals, I would not say it would be certain Hernandez would have a field day either.

Messi and ronaldo make the league look easy, but it really is not the case.
I don't think the defending is Spain is anything special to be honest.

I sort of covered that with "he's a brilliant goalscorer". I'm not criticising him, but it would be pretty disingenuous to say he wouldn't start more games if, like Welbeck, for example, he was more of an all round footballer than a poacher (that's a more limited description than I intend but you know what I mean). The modern trend of one up front and versatile forwards who interchange a lot goes agajnst him a bit.
Apologies, I do know what you are saying but I think the value in Hernandez is that he is different and gives you a steady flow of goals. Every team would love to have the option, but as you say, it is keeping him happy which may prove an issues.

I think the type of player he currently is though means that whatever top club he plays at he will have to get used to rotation. I do think he has clearly been working on his all round game though of late, perhaps for the reasons you say.

No offence to Hernandez but Madrid already have a superior goalscorer in Higuain. Nonsense article.
Is he a superior goalscorer though? What has he got this season?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don't think he'll leave this summer, maybe next year but I hope he stays long-term.

Platato

Psst!
Wait why would you leave if you're getting games and have 15 goals to your name?

Gaeilge

Sadly, I can see him leaving before then Gaeilge. The amount of respect I'll have for him if he stays patient would be infinite, but I just can't see it and I don't blame him.

Everyone has one chance, and I wouldn't be surprised if he decided that he doesn't want to spend a couple of years or so being the super sub with the odd starting spot.
I just can't see him leaving tbh. He scores for United and he automatically starts kissing the bagde and embraving the fans. He had that period during the season where he was playing so well for club and country that Fergie himself said twas' impossible leave him out. That will come again. He is still growing as a footballer and has yet to mature to his peak. If he were to leave United, there are realistically very few teams he could go to that would not be a major step down. Berba is a different story cuz he is Chico's elder.

- Real
- Barca
- Munich
- Juve

Anywhere else (considering I don't think England is an option and anywhere else is a step down) and it ain't worth mentioning imo. Bayern, although they seem to love Gomez, would be sensational with Chico up top imo. Juventus would have him in a heartbeat too. I couldn't see him leaving United, where he is adored, to play second fiddle on the continent. Its obviously an opinion but I'd hope I'm right.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure what point youre attempting to make ? Does his record in previous seasons with Madrid not count then?

Do you think Hernandez is the better finisher?
You are sidestepping my questions by asking your own. I asked what Higuain's record is this season and you are yet to answer.

You made the claims that he is by far the superior finisher, so I ask you why is he and how do you judge that if you don't base it on goals?

Devil may care

There will always be rumours about a player of Hernandez goal scoring quality while he's not a nailed on starter for the big games, but I think he's happy here and this particular rumour is simply based off the fact we have the huge game with Madrid coming up.

Decotron

You are sidestepping my questions by asking your own. I asked what Higuain's record is this season and you are yet to answer.

You made the claims that he is by far the superior finisher, so I ask you why is he and how do you judge that if you don't base it on goals?
Eh what? :wenger:

Of course Im basing it on goals....

You seem to think that because his record is slightly worse than Hernandez this season that hes the worse finisher? Not exactly solid logic is it.

Again I ask you do you think Hernandez is the better goalscorer?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
They are fairly even when it comes to finishing. Even this season Higuain has about 10 goals. But Hernandez would be having a better season.

Last season it was the other way around, in fact Hernandez was fairly poor.

But Higuain is certainly the better footballer.

Madrid do not need Hernandez.

TheReligion

Abusive
Eh what? :wenger:

Of course Im basing it on goals....

You seem to think that because his record is slightly worse than Hernandez this season that hes the worse finisher? Not exactly solid logic is it.

Again I ask you do you think Hernandez is the better goalscorer?
I never said I thought one was "far superior" than the other though, unlike you.

My opinion is they are both fairly equal in terms of finishing and their records overall reflect this.

Hernandez has a total of 230 matches, 105 goals, 35 assists.

Higuain has a total of 291 matches, 138 goals, 59 assists.

They both score roughly a goal every other game at international level too.

Perhaps not such a gulf in class as you suggested?

Decotron

I never said I thought one was "far superior" than the other though, unlike you.

My opinion is they are both fairly equal in terms of finishing and their records overall reflect this.

Hernandez has a total of 230 matches, 105 goals, 35 assists.

Higuain has a total of 291 matches, 138 goals, 59 assists.

They both score roughly a goal every other game at international level too.

Perhaps not such a gulf in class as you suggested?
I never said "far superior". You seem to have made that bit up.

I simply said that Madrid have a superior goalscorer. Its not a negative on Hernandez.

DevilRed

I don't think Chicharito will ever leave Manchester United unless the club doesn't want him. He seems to be enjoying his time with us and you can't help but think he really is the new OGS. A lifer for me.

Will Absolute

I don't think Chicharito will ever leave Manchester United unless the club doesn't want him. He seems to be enjoying his time with us and you can't help but think he really is the new OGS. A lifer for me.
But there's no real evidence for that - just typical fan wishful thinking. If Chich was offered the opportunity to play for a top club as a regular starter, I'd expect him to take it.

LR7

Javier Hernandez's representative Eduardo Hernandez has refuted the latest bout of speculation linking the Mexican marksman with Real Madrid. "Javier is focused on having a good season with United," he told ESPN Radio. "We are trying to ignore the market rumours. It's true there is much competition in Manchester but the boy is determined to maintain a good performance and seize his opportunities. Therefore, I don't think it's the right time to leave Manchester United."

From manutd.com

Why can't all agents be so sensible? - I guess from the name he's a relative so genuinely has Chicha's best interests at heart... but still!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I doubt that. At some time he is going to make some cause about giving him more chances and starting big games. You dont want to be like a supersub your whole career, especially when he reaches his peak in a few years.

Amir

I doubt that. At some time he is going to make some cause about giving him more chances and starting big games. You dont want to be like a supersub your whole career, especially when he reaches his peak in a few years.
Question is, do you think he would be a regular starter in those big games for the few clubs at United's level? He could of course go to a lesser club and play regularly, but for some of those, a 'big game' is just meeting United because we're a big club. Not a title decider or a knock out match in the CL.

For Solskjaer, playing a part for United was better than playing regularly for Spurs.

Cevno

Don't think he'll leave in the next couple of years atleast. And then we'll see how he has progressed and then take it from there....

Who knows by then how things evolve ?

Status
Not open for further replies.