Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not sure why he didn't come on today, would have been nice to give him 15 minutes to maybe get a goal.

Won't start against Madrid but I think he will probably start against Chelsea.

The White Pele

Must be frustrating for him but he could still have a huge part to play on Tuesday and Fergie will remind him of this.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Started against QPR and was pretty poor. It's not like he doesn't get chances. Considering we have 2 of the best strikers in the World he's played a lot of football this season.

coolredwine

lameredboots
He will definitely start against Chelsea. What I am interested is in, whether he would get some action against Real or not.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Started against QPR and was pretty poor. It's not like he doesn't get chances. Considering we have 2 of the best strikers in the World he's played a lot of football this season.
Was poor against Reading too despite the goal. I was surprised he didn't get the nod over Van Persie today but then Fergie probably wanted to give the latter a run out post injury.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I'd definitely have him on the bench. No doubt.
He would be on the bench. It's obvious considering our other 3 strikers will most probably be starting the match. I wonder if we will go down to the situation that he would be needed in that match. Hope so, not.

Cevno

He'll start against Chelski. Always seems to score against them too with different body parts.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He would be on the bench. It's obvious considering our other 3 strikers will most probably be starting the match. I wonder if we will go down to the situation that he would be needed in that match. Hope so, not.
I don't think Welbeck will start v Madrid personally.

Have a feeling it will be Nani, Giggs, Rooney and RVP.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ignored again today? Can't believe how often he is left out and he def wont start tue :confused:
Fergie will have plans for him before the end of the season. He's keeping him fresh and ready to call on when we need him the most.

Welbeck has been getting a lot of minutes recently and has been working incredibly hard. He'll get a bit of a rest soon and Hernandez will get those minutes.

DevilRed

I have a sneaky feeling Fergie might go with Rooney, RVP and Chicharito upfront on Tuesday. Chicharito has come up big for us in CL matches before, namely against chelski in the semifinals.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Big issue for me is that Real's defense is actually pretty rapid - so Hernandez's big advantage somewhat falls away in this type of match.

We know that we won't be dominating possession, so when we do get the chance for an outlet, our striker(s) have to hold on to the ball and relieve some pressure, and also give a chance for the supporting attackers to get forward, cause they'll be pinned near our box I'm sure.

And no way is Hernandez as good at that as RVP, Rooney or even Welbz. So unfortunately can't see him being the man today.

Definite for Sunday though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Big issue for me is that Real's defense is actually pretty rapid - so Hernandez's big advantage somewhat falls away in this type of match.

We know that we won't be dominating possession, so when we do get the chance for an outlet, our striker(s) have to hold on to the ball and relieve some pressure, and also give a chance for the supporting attackers to get forward, cause they'll be pinned near our box I'm sure.

And no way is Hernandez as good at that as RVP, Rooney or even Welbz. So unfortunately can't see him being the man today.

Hernandez has not scored many goals by blasting passed defences with pace, he is all about clever movement and exploiting space.

If anything he should find more space around Ramos / Varane, who are more athetlic than savvy.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

Have you seen Hernandez much? I wouldn't even say he is 'that' quick

'that' being quick enough to make him a desent PL striker as he apparently relies mainly on speed, he must have a hell of a lot of it to take him to the height he is at.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Unfortunately I cant see him playing tonight unless we need a goal with ten minutes to go and hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Its a big shame for him personally if we play 180 minutes against Madrid and he doesn't get any pitch time. I wonder how that would effect his usually unflappable mentality.

Danillaco

I think that if he comes from the bench, he will score at least one. The question is, will we need him today?

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Have you seen Hernandez much? I wouldn't even say he is 'that' quick

'that' being quick enough to make him a desent PL striker as he apparently relies mainly on speed, he must have a hell of a lot of it to take him to the height he is at.
Hernandez is, indeed, "that" quick.

He doesn't have Ronaldo speed over 60 yards, although there's no doubt he's got some decent speed over distance. What sets him apart, in fact, is his quickness, especially in losing his man on a turn or change of direction inside the box. Look at how he jukes his defender one direction, then gets free in the near post for the score. That's his ace in the hole move.

LR7

Can't help feeling that the lack of minutes this lad has had given his form seems a little bit unfair. I know RvP and Rooney and even Welbeck offer more to the overall build up play but you can't really deny Hernandez has goals in him.

His situation is almost the opposite to Welbeck - (who I do think is justifying his selection) - in that Welbeck is being included despite his lack of goals whereas Hernandez is being left out despite being a potent goal threat.

I personally think RvP was largely ineffective yesterday and Hernandez could have had a bigger impact (even as a sub as he has done so many times). Hindsight helps, but at the same time I dont think RvP has been his best for a few games now - although im sure its just a dip and his form will return.

Hernandez has had a big impact in quite a few games this season - scoring the last minute winner against Chelsea away, turning a 2-0 defeat into a 3-2 win as a sub at Villa Park, bringing us back from a goal down with two goals against Braga, his boxing day last minute winner against Newcastle. And I'm sure there are more they are just the ones that immediately pop into my head.

Despite what he might lack outside the box (he has improved mind), I think what he adds inside of it justifies playing a bit more. I'd like to see him feature more than he has so far.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I was surprised that he didn't get a chance last night, especially when we needed a goal. Build up play etc. is basically no good without an end result, which he excels at.

Bape

Anyone else worried he might leave soon if he doesn't get more game time?

TheReligion

Abusive
Totally agree Livvie

Would have loved to see Hernandez on to occupy Ramos and Varane in a different way to what van Persie was doing.

The red card really did change things tactically though so don't know what Fergie had planned before that, plus Rafael looked knackered so Valencia had to come on at RB

Count Orduck

Should have seen him for the last ten minutes when we were chasing the win and desperately needed a goal.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He'll hopefully start Sunday but I was disappointed we didn't throw him on with 10 mins to go yesterday.

Chabon

Is anyone else looking forward to Sunday primarily to see Hernandez set on Luiz again?

Ainu

It'd be good to see him get some game time again. Maybe we'll see the combo Rooney-Hernandez again that served us so well in 2011.

OJKernow

I'd like to see the Rooney-Hernandez partnership back this week. As already mentioned RVP isn't in the best of form right now and Welbeck ran himself into the ground against Madrid midweek.

Important to keep rotating where possible and what a brilliant position we are in that we can rest the two forwards that played against Madrid and still be able to start the likes of Hernandez and Rooney. Great depth to this squad!

LR7

According to SSN in 2013:

Rooney: 6 goals in 10 games
RVP: 6 goals in 12 games
Chicharito: 5 goals in 7 games
Welbeck: 1 goal in 11 games

I think that stat alone is a good reason to start our Little Pea on Sunday.

Shark

@NotShark
I think that he's always been in SAF's mind to start this one. I'd be very surprised to see him on the bench. The same goes for Kagawa.

They both deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.