Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How was his overall play? It was brilliant in the last game of the season.

Platato

Psst!
I heard it wasn't that great amol but I didn't watch the game so can't tell you. MUFC07, I hear some mexico fans aren't too fond of chicharito because so many of his goals are in the penalty box. Is this true?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I heard it wasn't that great amol but I didn't watch the game so can't tell you. MUFC07, I hear some mexico fans aren't too fond of chicharito because so many of his goals are in the penalty box. Is this true?
:houllier: yeah i mean damn its so annoying he always scores, if only some of them would be outside the box instead.

Pshhh some people are never happy!.

Keenst

Considering the dearth of strikers at Everton, you'd imagine Moyes is really going appreciate the talent of Hernandez and give him a chance.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
:lol:

So true, some people are never happy.

There was (quite a catchy tune) song by a local group called "TKZ" (kwaito-local music) in tribute to Benni McCarthy:

"Benni's in the 18 area..." We should make one up for Chicha.

Every time Mexico play I hope Hernandez get's on the scoresheet, and he rarely let's me down. Their fans should be happy they have someone as prolific as him.

He's well on track to be their record holder.

JP77

Here's the goal:

@Carl, we're playing the Confederations Cup and WC qualifiers (which are next week). He's not in the list for the Gold Cup, we're only including local players for it.
Yeah, busy little period for you guys. Some bloody cracking games, here's the Mexico/Hernandez schedule:

Sun 16th Jun Mexico v Italy FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Wed 19th Jun Brazil v Mexico FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Sat 22nd Jun Japan v Mexico FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 20:00 BBC TBC

Kagawa in the Japan squad? Would be quality to see him feature in the tournament too :drool:

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
If only he were one of those striker thingies then it would be his job to get into the penalty box and score as often as possible.

not having a go at you I just don't believe its true.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
He is a weird type of player really.

I do class him as a great finisher and poacher, yet at the same time he appears to scuff a ton of shots/goals too.

MUFC07

How was his overall play? It was brilliant in the last game of the season.
It was both great and beautiful in the first half, almost set a team-mate for a goal with a first touch but De Nigris missed it badly. He also made a Giggsesque long ball with his left foot right into Barrera's foot, which ended in his first attempt at goal (hit the bar).

In the second half, when we were down to 10 men, he looked anxious and his link up play was inaccurate, but the attempts were intelligent.

Hilarious if true.
That is true. He's got a lot of haters here. People saying he's got no tecnique at all and he scores easy goals. Of course, nobody looks at his runs and now that his link up play has improved they say that it's not that good yet.

It's idiotic, really, almost as if they didn't like him because he's that good.

There's a good amount of people who appreciate him and like him too, though.

Platato

Psst!
:lol: That's abysmal! So he has to score a belter to make fans happy eh? He has to pull off tricks and flicks to make people happy? Chicharito makes one of the hardest aspects of the game look easy. Putting the ball in the goddam net. If you can't appreciate that, in my opinion you are spoilt. To me it's ridiculous because they're taking him for granted. He's a player who can still grab you a goal even when your team isn't firing on all cylinders. That's invaluable!

MUFC07

:lol: That's abysmal! So he has to score a belter to make fans happy eh? He has to pull off tricks and flicks to make people happy? Chicharito makes one of the hardest aspects of the game look easy. Putting the ball in the goddam net. If you can't appreciate that, in my opinion you are spoilt. To me it's ridiculous because they're taking him for granted. He's a player who can still grab you a goal even when your team isn't firing on all cylinders. That's invaluable!
I totally agree. It's ridiculous. I'm so glad we have such a good player and person (both as a United fan and Mexican). By the time he retires, he'll have an amazing record of goals scored for this country that will be very, very hard to break.

What do you expect? They're Mexico fans. ;)
Hahaha shut up Matt!!

Rossa

I totally agree. It's ridiculous. I'm so glad we have such a good player and person (both as a United fan and Mexican). By the time he retires, he'll have an amazing record of goals scored for this country that will be very, very hard to break.
Solskjær pretty much did the same for us - scored most of his goals inside the box (as do most strikers), but he is beloved no matter not only by Norwegian fans. I would have thought the same applied for Hernandez...

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Didn't Ruud only score one of his 150 goals from outside the box? Seriously who cares when a player has such a prolific record- just play to their strengths then.

Rossa

Didn't Ruud only score one of his 150 goals from outside the box? Seriously who cares when a player has such a prolific record- just play to their strengths then.
Yeah, it's pretty much like saying Scholes wasn't a good player because his best attribute was passing...

Edit: I Liverpool supporter actually said those words :houllier:

MUFC07

I mean the reason is not exactly "because all of his goals are from inside the box", but it's one of his haters' "arguments". Some of the others are that "his technique is bad", "he can't pass", "he can't dribble". I mean not even a sad "his link-up play is not that good", not even that!

Some people here in Mexico should appreciate we have a top class striker playing for a top class European team. And what a man.

MarylandMUFan

I mean the reason is not exactly "because all of his goals are from inside the box", but it's one of his haters' "arguments". Some of the others are that "his technique is bad", "he can't pass", "he can't dribble". I mean not even a sad "his link-up play is not that good", not even that!

Some people here in Mexico should appreciate we have a top class striker playing for a top class European team. And what a man.
True. Team USA would kill to have a guy like him right now. As it stands, we are Stoke in red, white and blue.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

That's bonkers. There's a bit more to it than dribbling and scoring from 30 yards. Hernandez's movement and anticipation is amongst the best in the world. Sure, he mostly scores tap-ins, but easy goals? The hard part is turning defenders inside out and getting in that position in the first place. He scores so naturally and so consistently. It's pure instinct the way he always manages the bundle the ball into the net so frequently. If he wasn't in the side, who'd get the goals for the national team? He's a very reliable outlet.

Rossa

This lad has got to be given more of a chance. He is a goal machine. Ridiculous he is sat on the bench so much.
Indeed. One of the reasons why I think selling Rooney won't be such a big shame. Hernandez will, given more game time, easily score 20 goals per season. He's added a few assists to his game also.

Has anyone noticed that his crossing is really sweet btw?

Chabon

This lad has got to be given more of a chance. He is a goal machine. Ridiculous he is sat on the bench so much.
The other player we have in his position is the best in the world in that position. It's not ridiculous at all.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Thing is that we could start Hernandez and RVP quite comfortably, in almost all matches. Instead Fergie often chose non-wingers playing on the wing over 2 actual strikers.

Will be interesting to see what Moyes does.

Chabon

Thing is that we could start Hernandez and RVP quite comfortably, in almost all matches..
Only by playing RVP in a position in which he isn't the best in the world. It's a bit pointless to do so merely to shoehorn Hernandez into the side.

Chabon

We never play with two proper CFs, never have in the entirety of Sir Alex Ferguson's reign at the club according to the man himself. If both Chico and RVP play then the Dutchman has to drop deeper, where he's good, but not nearly as good.

Hannibal

It's a travesty we don't play him enough - Hernandez in a team like Arsenal or SPURS would be scoring 40 goals per season easily!

JP77

We never play with two proper CFs, never have in the entirety of Sir Alex Ferguson's reign at the club according to the man himself. If both Chico and RVP play then the Dutchman has to drop deeper, where he's good, but not nearly as good.
That's just sheer nonsense.

Playing Hernandez alongside Van Persie isn't going to effect him a great deal at all. We got to see it towards the end of the season with Kagawa in there too and it looked a bloody lovely little combination. Hernandez also likes to sometimes drop deep and even switch out wide, he's not somebody who just stands up top and never changes position. The two would, could and HAVE interchanged together.

I've been arguing this guys case for what feels like years now. His play over the last six or so months has finally silenced some of the people (and quite a few that were on here) who said he was nothing but a goal poacher who couldn't link up, couldn't pass, had "the touch of a rapist" (And even that ridiculous championship discussion that happened) amongst a few other ridiculous things. He's rubbished it all. What he has in his favor too is how much he loves the game itself and how hard he's willing to work to keep improving.

Said it before and I'll say it again, most of the top clubs would snatch him up within an instance if he ever became available. He'd score bucket loads of goals at a Madrid or somewhere along those lines. The guy's just a brilliant striker who is now showing more and more of his overall game. Truly believe if he's given the chance he can become a United great, some will disagree, some might even laugh at that, but we'll see. Just really hope he's given that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.