Javier Hernandez says he can see a role for himself at Man Utd next season

Rowem

gently, down the stream
You have to try and imagine things from his point of view. He was basically first XI under Fergie, then in came RVP and he could barely get minutes.

Moyes then gave him even fewer chances. And LVG comes in, and says he doesn't need him.

Then reporters in Spain and Mexico ask him questions about Madrid. What do you think he's going to say? Knowing the media he might have just had the words put in his mouth.

Anyway, point is, I'll judge him by his actions on the pitch, not off it. He's undeniably not a 'complete' striker, but it's really disrespectful to try and paint his time with us by these quotes. He never failed to put in the effort for us, and was one of our most likeable players for years.

I think having him back while there is no obvious new striker is a no brainer. If we sign someone great, but if not I'd much rather have him out there than not.

LFC just signed Ings, does anyone really believe he's better than Hernandez?
Agree with this post. The problem indeed is that people just don't bother thinking about things from other people's perspectives. It's too much to ask people to ask people to be empathetic apparently.

Djemba-Djemba

His finishing definitely deteriorated in that last season with us, he missed some right sitters with some terrible finishes and if he's not scoring goals he offers you absolutely nothing. Maybe that was a confidence thing, Moyes didn't handle him very well which isn't a surprise.

Personally I think we should get rid and from the way Van Gaal spoke about him he doesn't seem to be a big fan of his so I'd be surprised if he does have a role with us next season.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
My memory isn't too clear but from what I can remember during his last few games for us (the first few under van Gaal) when he was rumoured to be off, his effort was woeful. His attitude was very poor and I really had it with him.

It was so unlike him and I understand that everyone can let emotion get the better of them but if he was to come back, he would really have to win me back over with his attitude.

RooneyLegend

For his career, he needs to leave and go to a club that doesn't need the striker to be all that involved in the build up. A team that plays in transition would do nicely. Obviously I'd love for him to stay as a I rate him highly but Van Gaal obviously doesn't see it that way.

Trizy

Couldn't be worse than Falcao but he'd effect Wilsons game time so no thanks.

beergod

If his confidence is back I think he will compete with any of the strikers on our books considering their recent form.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Couldn't be worse than Falcao but he'd effect Wilsons game time so no thanks.
I'd loan Wilson out.
I think people may overestimate how much game time he'd get this season, like they did this time last year.

If a youngster isn't really pushing for a starting place, but is basically beyond U21s, then they should be loaned out.

Last edited:

Scholes.92

I just found out he's 27, thought he was like 24 or something!

I wouldn't mind him staying, just as long as he's happy to be constantly on the bench.
I felt the same about him but then realised he would have been 19 when he joined so clearly he's older than 24, I do the same with Nani also:lol: Time sure does fly in football

Scholes.92

I'd loan Wilson out.
I think people may overestimate how much game time he'd get this season, like they did this time last year.

If a youngster isn't really pushing for a starting place, but is basically beyond U21s, then they should be loaned out.
If we keep van Persie aswell then yeah loan him out. I'd go for championship for half a year give him a lower standard of first team football as he's never really had any. Then if he's shown himself to be too good for that half a season in the prem.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I like the guy, but if he's no better then he's just another player that isn't good enough. We're supposed to be aiming to improve.
That being said, we have a lot of other positions that need sorting this summer and with potentially (hopefully?) ditching 2 strikers already it might be better to keep him for the time being.

slir32

Not many quality attainable strikers out there at the moment if we can't get a top quality striker that will fit our style then Hernandez is perfect for our bench.

Ferguson

He's right. He was surplus to requirements last season because we needed a smaller squad. This season the squad has to get bigger because of the Champions League matches.

Personally I like that he didn't take it personally last season. He understood why he had to go elsewhere. I also like that he is prepared to put a shift in for us even though we cast him aside.

I don't see how we can complain about his Real Madrid quotes when we had no use for him last season and shipped him out. Loyalty goes both ways. In all likelihood he'll end up getting sold this summer anyway. I think he's just answering the journalist's question by pointing out that playing for United could still be in the picture.

A guy like Evra who can wear a Juventus shirt and still say that everywhere else is a step down from United is an absolute rarity in my opinion. I wonder what the Juve fans said about that!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought he was really good this season for Madrid when he did play. Incredible work rate and his general play was surprisingly good. If he's willing to be backup and we can't find the striker we need there's no reason to let him go. Wilson can't be our second striker.

He would also give us something we need which is intensity, legs and pace upfront.

RikRuud

Scored 20 goals for us in his first season, his goals dried up with our football. I'd like to have him back as second striker.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He needs to move on to a smaller club if he wants to be a regular starter. If is happy to be a supersub/bench player who starts some games then we should keep him, especially if a new striker comes in and RVP is moved on.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I would still want him as an option, but it's his decision whether he wants to be just an option or not.

buckooo1978

I think he has a year left so decision is to sell him or give him a new contract

Think its time to move him on

Shark

@NotShark
He had a brilliant attitude when he arrived and really appreciated just being here. I've no idea what happened. He was never going to start games for us.

mu77

He had a brilliant attitude when he arrived and really appreciated just being here. I've no idea what happened. He was never going to start games for us.
falcao or chich? because chich scored 20 then 18 goals for united and was replaced by RVP then that bag of skin. too bad because he'd have scored more than both of them last yr. RVP was injured and falcao was shit. and if attitudes are the measure used RVP was a pouty tw4t under moist and so was carrick and about 10 others. and he'd have put falcao's ass on the bench where it belonged. moist and LVG f'd it and everyone knows it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I say we keep Hernandez, give him what little games Rooney and Van Persie will miss, and loan out Wilson so he can get regular games.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hope this works out for him. He would do well there.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
8 million? Not worth selling for so little.

ricky-romeo

if we are ever going to sell him we are unlikely to get more than 10million pounds. as we all know we are bad sellers too. :lol::lol::lol:

anyway he did okay at real, especially towards the end of the season where he got lot of playing time. some good goals and a number of assists too. but realistically it does not add millions into his value.

I guess he also does not fit LVG's requirement in a striker. by the look of it it is either a big center forward like mandzukic or a dynamic forward/winger/no.10 like firminho.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He will give us decent amount of goals for sure... I hope we keep him for another season at least.

Moonred

Mexico is part of CONCACAF (confederation of North, Central American & Caribbean Association Football). Copa America is hosted by CONMEBOL and typically invites two CONCACAF teams (like Mexico) to participate.
I know, I was replying to the post which suggested Mexico is not playing copa.