g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jean-Clair Todibo

OrcaFat

You want proper competition for places. EtH is very much a manager who has a defined first XI, with backups only playing in case of injury.

Ajax fans complained about it when he was manager, and we saw it ourselves last season. He simply never rotated unless he was forced into it.
No, he said exactly what I posted in an interview last week. “We must have competition for EVERY (he stressed this word) position and every player in the squad must believe he has prospect to play”.

That’s what EtH said. It’s not a figment of my imagination.

People are looking at what happened in the past and drawing the wrong conclusions. He won’t rotate for the sake of it but he wants players in the squad to be good enough to enable him to rotate based on form and fitness. If he doesn’t have the players he won’t do it but he very much wants the players that will enable him to do it.

Redstain

Please. Genuinely exciting young talent at a good age. Get him before another PL side does.
I can already just sense the disappointment of signing Pavard for close to 50M euros. I really can't see the logic in not prioritising a player of Todibo's quality and promise. It's two birds with one stone, cover for Maguire sorted and regular playing time should see him displace Varane within 24 months.

Gordon S

If we had a more athletic player like Todibo (or a more experienced and composed CB/RB like Pavard?)we could maybe try something else in formation.

Rashford Höjlund

Mount Bruno Sancho

Martinez Casemiro

Shaw Varane Todibo/Pavard

Have Licha help us in midfield instead. His composure on the ball and his grit could be useful there for us.

But it doesn´t really work with our current options

RuudTom83

Buys like these are the ones a new owner would sign off on immediately (hopefully)

But the transfers by Glazer committee...means its a long old slog and I can't see it happening this summer.

daba

If we had a more athletic player like Todibo (or a more experienced and composed CB/RB like Pavard?)we could maybe try something else in formation.

Rashford Höjlund

Mount Bruno Sancho

Martinez Casemiro

Shaw Varane Todibo/Pavard

Have Licha help us in midfield instead. His composure on the ball and his grit could be useful there for us.

But it doesn´t really work with our current options
Personally don’t love Shaw in that inverted role. He’s best when he’s wide, overlapping the LW for drag backs in the box or when crossing from deep.

Not happening this summer, but with deeper press resistant 8 and a more attacking RB like Frimpong to go in and outside with Antony, I’d like to see:

Onana

Todibo Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Amrabat/Mainoo

Antony <> Frimpong Bruno Rashford

Hojland

I don’t think it’s too complicated a fix, but we need more support for Casemiro. Even prime-Kante would have been done over against Wolves on Monday playing like that.

Gordon S

Personally don’t love Shaw in that inverted role. He’s best when he’s wide, overlapping the LW for drag backs in the box or when crossing from deep.

Not happening this summer, but with deeper press resistant 8 and a more attacking RB like Frimpong to go in and outside with Antony, I’d like to see:

Onana

Todibo Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Amrabat/Mainoo

Hojland

I don’t think it’s too complicated a fix, but we need more support for Casemiro. Even prime-Kante would have been done over against Wolves on Monday playing like that.
Honestly thought he looked like an absolute Rolls Royce in that LCB position last season. If it could mean we could push Licha forward into cm, i think we could gain even more.
Our current options for cm right now gives me anxiety, nothing works. Casemiro and Mctominay in a midfield 2 is the only thing that makes even remotely sense for me. Licha-Casemiro would be better for me.
Unless, of course, Erik is adament that Casemiro should carry that midfield all alone

Raven

I felt this could have been a really good signing for us, shame it looks unlikely now.

Bojan Djordjic

Onana

Todibo Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Amrabat/Mainoo

Hojland

Not sure you can have Shaw not inverting and have a road runner style fb like Frimpong on the right hand side. He definitely doesn't have the technical level to invert. I think this was the whole idea for Pavard as he's such a good passing option and could easily invert, releasing Shaw up the left wing.

Bondi77

I felt this could have been a really good signing for us, shame it looks unlikely now.
There will be another name fed to us before you know it and you will have no memory of this guy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah I’m doubting that. We still have Maguire whose parked himself at United for good.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Maguire isn't leaving so this is not a go-er however not enough was made of Maguire not being in the squad for Spurs, I can't see that it was an injury so that's the only hope I am hanging onto.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like quite a few players are waiting on us to put bids in. This will require us selling players though won’t it.

izec

I think they are mixed bags in terms of transfers, but not that reliable. Dont see it for now

Slevs

likes to play with penises
As long as Maguire is still here, not happening.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're not familiar with l'Equipe. OK.
I just recall them publishing some news about Amrabat to Atletico if I'm not mistaken which seemed wide of the mark or at least jumping the gun.

So you can see why I am cautious here