Jens Petter Hauge | Signs for Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

If Ole doesn´t take a chance on him there is something much wrong with our recruiting department. 3m is just the amount we pay Phil Jones to lie down and get rubbed all year long.

Skåre Willoch

So does he only play on the left?
No. He plays LW, RW and AM. Often in the same game, even. But he mostly plays on the left.

The only argument I see for not signing this lad is the Norwegian connection. Ole will get heavily scrutinized if JPH doesn't hit the ground running. Comparisons to his time in Cardif etc.
But even then. For £3-£6m? Just do it already.

Berbalicious

So does he only play on the left?
Can play centrally as an 8 as well. When Solbakken came on as a sub, JP was moved to the midfield position. Had a great impact there as well. With his skill set I'd probably say he would be best as a no.10, drifting out to the left.

troylocker

We will get competition from other clubs if we go for him now, no chance of signing him under the radar anymore. Made a talent like Tonali look like a U-15 player... plus already has a lot of endproduct.
This is probably a player worth taking a chance on.

Ekeke

Nice goal. Certainly does look like a decent improvement on James on the evidence of the Milan match

Dve

No. He plays LW, RW and AM. Often in the same game, even. But he mostly plays on the left.

The only argument I see for not signing this lad is the Norwegian connection. Ole will get heavily scrutinized if JPH doesn't hit the ground running. Comparisons to his time in Cardif etc.
But even then. For £3-£6m? Just do it already.
No, I don´t think that´s of any relevance. It would have been an issue if Ole started his United career signing 3 Norwegian players expected to go right into the first 11, like he did at Cardiff. E.g. Haaland being Norwegian, is absolutely no argument for not signing him.

izec

Milan doing what we did when we played Sporting and Ronaldo. For 5m or whatever he will cost, they would be dumb not to

izec

No, I don´t think that´s of any relevance. It would have been an issue if Ole started his United career signing 3 Norwegian players expected to go right into the first 11, like he did at Cardiff. E.g. Haaland being Norwegian, is absolutely no argument for not signing him.
I agree, argument doesn't hold, especially since they seem to produce some talented players currently. If anything, it should be a plus Ole is from Norway as well. Everyone can see they are talented, just go for it

Skåre Willoch

I agree, argument doesn't hold, especially since they seem to produce some talented players currently. If anything, it should be a plus Ole is from Norway as well. Everyone can see they are talented, just go for it
Oh, I agree, being Norwegian myself. I'm all for signing both JPH, Haaland and Ødegaard even. But I do think it will be used against Ole if they don't hit the ground running or turn into flops. Even in the Haaland thread it was mentioned (i think) by a few that "Ole shouldn't sign Norwegians after what he did at Cardiff".

troylocker

This smells so much bs, I have to pinch my nose. They saw him playing yesterday, and already this morning they are preparing a bid? Get lost.
He was actually that good yesterday! This is unfortunately not BS.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

That raid and vision in the 92nd minute...
What a performance that is. He plays just like Franck Ribery. If he can do that against AC Milan he's more than capable of stepping up. Teams should be all over him like a rash.

He's clearly very quick and a great agile dribbler, but his passing and decision making looks excellent too. I'd be amazed if he's not playing in a top league soon.

Dve

He was actually that good yesterday! This is unfortunately not BS.
Yes, he was good yesterday, but the game ended late last night, and already this morning we get to read that "Sources have told us that Milan were so impressed by what they saw that they will make an attempt to sign him. They revealed that the management are going to submit a bid to try and land the talented young forward, and that contacts have been made with his agent".

They are really working fast down there...

Hoof the ball

If its true that he won't cost more than a few million then what's the debate here? This is the very definition of low risk, high yield potential. You'd think Ole's connections would be crucial the securing to Norwegian talent but if this mod ends up being a top player too, then I'll really question what's going on in Ole's mind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If its true that he won't cost more than a few million then what's the debate here? This is the very definition of low risk, high yield potential. You'd think Ole's connections would be crucial the securing to Norwegian talent but if this mod ends up being a top player too, then I'll really question what's going on in Ole's mind.
Only makes sense if Ole makes room in the squad by letting go of the like of James, Lingard.

Hoof the ball

Only makes sense if Ole makes room in the squad by letting go of the like of James, Lingard.
Or we can do what any smart big club does regarding to young talent. Make the purchase then send on loan in Europe. No need to worry about making space in the squad and he can be recalled when the loan finishes.....

Or we can buy him from Dortmund a couple of years down the line for a big fee because we worried about squad space.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Milan doing what we did when we played Sporting and Ronaldo. For 5m or whatever he will cost, they would be dumb not to
Haha. Maybe we should line up all our pre-season games next summer with teams that have one or two wonderkids.

When are we buying him? Sorry, but step aside AC Milan.

starman

If he really is available for 3m, its crazy not to buy him and just simply loan him out.

If he shows he is capable of producing the same form in one of the top 5 leagues his value at a minimum quadruples in a year. You than either have a top young on your hands or a healthy profit to be made.

Hoof the ball

If he really is available for 3m, its crazy not to buy him and just simply loan him out.

If he shows he is capable of producing the same form in one of the top 5 leagues his value at a minimum quadruples in a year. You than either have a top young on your hands or a healthy profit to be made.
Yep. All this talk about good scouting and what makes for an effective scouting department. This is it. This is the very point of scouting. Lesser known quantities with massive potential upside for sufficiently low transfer fees. If we don't pull the trigger on deals like this then I'm at a loss for words.

Handré1990

Haven’t posted in here, because frankly it’s hard to tell if he is the real deal or not, him and Berg I think have been amazing in the league (of players who might interest us) in a very well drilled attacking unit

. I’m convinced now, and he did the same v Milan as he does against much less touted opponents in Norway. Should be a no-brainer.

troylocker

B/G were expecting to get around 5M for him before yesterdays match. I think he might have doubled his value at San Siro unfortunately. I also think they would try to secure a deal where he gets to stay in B/G to finish the Norwegian season (They are in a great position to win their first ever League-trophy)

17 goals and 11 assists in 1737 minutes for a winger in the league and EL-qualifiers so far this season is superb numbers for a soon to be 21-year-old.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This smells so much bs, I have to pinch my nose. They saw him playing yesterday, and already this morning they are preparing a bid? Get lost.
yeah, I think basically the agent shared a smoke or coffee with the Milan rep after the game, just out of courtesy, he is now blowing that up into 'Milan interested'. That tends to be how these 'truth based' rumours are founded.

United obviously know this kid is available. I trust our scouts and Butt to make the right assessment.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Woodward and Judge are too busy working on Sancho at the moment. If this guy is still available nearer deadline day then I reckon we might prepare something

Bwuk

3m is a no brainer, he'd be there to help settle Halaand in next year too!

BarstoolProphet

Yep. All this talk about good scouting and what makes for an effective scouting department. This is it. This is the very point of scouting. Lesser known quantities with massive potential upside for sufficiently low transfer fees. If we don't pull the trigger on deals like this then I'm at a loss for words.

It's well documented in Norwegian media that we have scouted him extensively since the beginning of the summer atleast.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Isn't he 20? Don't think we sign players at that age for the academy.
Surely he isn't good enough to go straight into first team squad?

Anyways, you're probably right, on this player all roads most likely lead to Ole having the casting vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.