Jens Petter Hauge | Signs for Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grande

We have to stop this Norway-thing right away, please. Yes there is Håland and Ødegaard, all the other players in history are not. If Dan James played in the Norwegian top division he would look like a hybrid between Usain Bolt and vintage Messi for reference. Hauge is not somebody we should focus on, not now, probably never. His mate Evjen played for Bodø and looked equally impressive before his big move, he is now tucked away at AZ’s youth team. Aim higher, this is Man Utd, we have forgotten that for some reason.... look at talents where the frequency for greatness is higher
Yes, look what happened last time we went Norwegian. Henning Berg, Ronny Johnsen and Ole Solskjær. Our results really suffered in that period.

i assume you are Norwegian since you have watched Håkon Evjen and Jens Petter Hauge and compared them?

I remember watching Solskjær as a 22 year old for Molde. He was brilliant, and so was his two partners in crime, Arild Stavrum and Ole Sundgot.There were discussions which one of them were best. Stavrum eventually reached the lofty heights of Aberdeen, and Sundgot remained in the Norwegian league and was transitioned to a full back for Lyn.

It’s hard to judge such stuff, but good scouts have an edge over us who thought that Arild Stavrum would have the best carreer. Cheap players also come with smaller risk. United have scouts travelling all over the globe, so I’m not sure why you would want them to avoid Norway in particular.

CallyRed

First people moaned about signing British players now it's the Norwegians. When will it end.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Does he though?

If Dan James played in that league, with that much space and pretty much non existent defending - he'd look like the best talent in world football.

Hauge looks half decent - his talent is far better than the league he is in thats for sure. But slating our own players is pretty poor form. Even Lingard would look good in that league
Possibly but I do fear that Dan James couldn't beat an egg let alone a defender in a weak league.

I do hope he comes on in leaps and bound and shows that lack of fear and enthusiasm demonstrated early season. It'll only benefit us.

neilv93

If even we signed him and it didn't work out, it's hardly a devastation for us for an outlay of a few million? We can easily afford to make moves like this and it's low risk so no harm whatsoever from my point of view. Sign him, loan him to the Eredivisie or Liga NOS or something and see how he develops.

Sea-Cow

People have moaned about Ole signing Norwegians since he joined, despite him not signing any Norwegians. Moaning will never end, it’s all some people ever do.
Haha its why we have forums!

And I finally watched one of the vids here and I gotta say..... sign this lad up! He looks quality!

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Isn't JPH a natural left-sided midfielder/winger? I like the look of Håkon Evjen - right-sided winger/midfielder and does a bit of everything on the defensive side. Shouldn't cost more than 5 million euros and can back Greenwood when we need to rotate him.

arthurka

Haha its why we have forums!

And I finally watched one of the vids here and I gotta say..... sign this lad up! He looks quality!
Agree he looks absolute quality buy him and loan him to Germany think he could develope into a good player.

Ace of Spades

Agree he looks absolute quality buy him and loan him to Germany think he could develope into a good player.
Same, we should snap him up and loan him, I am sure we can find some clubs ready to take him. Even if he ends up not being good enough for us, we will end up getting the fee paid very easily.

I am not joking when I say we sometimes pay more for youth players.

lysglimt

Scout
he has been poor today - only 2 goals and even missed a penalty. He is past it! :)

arthurka

Robbed a hat-trick last night by his selfish teammate :lol:
I want to defend his teammate here it´s instinctive really get the ball in the goal if you can and see to it gets over the line. This guy should be a signing that Utd should make no doubt, Fergie would have taken the chance on this guy no doubt.

Sea-Cow

He looks incredibly quick. Who knows if its just the opposition, but I would love to see if he can be as productive in a better league.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He looks incredibly quick. Who knows if its just the opposition, but I would love to see if he can be as productive in a better league.
Yeah, the acceleration looks incredible relative to who he's playing against.

Fosu-Mens

There are some players at Bodo-Glimt that should be of interest: Patrick Berg, Hauge and their right back. Still, their biggest asset is their Manager. Will see him managing in a bigger league in 2 years time at most.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Weirdly he's been the one player I really want us to sign, even more so than Jadon, just feels like a United signing. Everyone gets pissed off as we didn't sign so n so star, here's unknown kid who'll fit right in.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Hmm, Norwegian, the one...... The One......

Sea-Cow

Weirdly he's been the one player I really want us to sign, even more so than Jadon, just feels like a United signing. Everyone gets pissed off as we didn't sign so n so star, here's unknown kid who'll fit right in.
Haha the fans would hate him in no time at all.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This lad will be facing Milan tomorrow, will be good to see how he fairs against a decent oppo.

King Andow

I bet my beloved dog that It'll take at least half a season to one of Dan Jamie or JLingz the new LW do something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.