Jeremie Frimpong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I mean we've had 2 assists from full-backs in the last 10 years*. It would be fun to to see one getting involved.

"Possibly made up.

NLunited

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Aerials win rate doesn‘t take into account who gets to the ball next? Licha often doesn‘t challenge the header, but instead focuses on unbalancing the opponent and anticipating where the ball goes.
True.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
"Frimpong cant defend" is a myth and a ridiculous statement mostly coming from people who never watch him play and just assume: Offensively good = Defensively bad.
His tacklings and willing to defend aren't the problem but imo his positioning and tactical awareness are quite bad sometimes. He can make up for his bad positioning with his speed often, but I he is not a good defender (yet?).
He resembles Davies quite a bit, similar strenghts and weaknesses.

croadyman

We've got a good number of players that will leave this summer while commanding decent (ish) fees. Henderson, Elanga, McTominay, Maguire, Donny are all potentially leaving and I reckon each will go for a minimum of £15m. We've seen consistent links to Frimpong so ten Hag obviously sees it as an important step in the teams development and I'd agree. We have very little threat from the right at the moment and one of the reasons for that is because neither Dalot nor AWB can properly contribute. Frimpong for £35m could transform how we attack. Well worth it.
Yeah should definitely sell one of those and bring in this guy. I still think Erik hasn't fully decided who he wants to keep yet though

His tacklings and willing to defend aren't the problem but imo his positioning and tactical awareness are quite bad sometimes. He can make up for his bad positioning with his speed often, but I he is not a good defender (yet?).
He resembles Davies quite a bit, similar strenghts and weaknesses.
From what little i know i think we will have another Shaw on the opposite side. Good going forward, excellent technical ability, switches off defensively but usually quick enough to recover. World class centre backs like Varane and Martinez can keep those types under control.

I want us to sign him as much for his own ability as for what it will do for Antony and Sancho to have a fullback who wants to get beyond them.

daba

From what little i know i think we will have another Shaw on the opposite side. Good going forward, excellent technical ability, switches off defensively but usually quick enough to recover. World class centre backs like Varane and Martinez can keep those types under control.

I want us to sign him as much for his own ability as for what it will do for Antony and Sancho to have a fullback who wants to get beyond them.
Yeah I’m excited to see the impact he’d have on our right side. Hopefully it can unleash whoever is playing in front of him.

Would also be excited to hear him give post-match interviews. Seems like a bit of a character and has the accent to boot - sign him.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
His English was so impressive I had to google him. Moved to Manchester when he was seven, actually. Did not know that. He’s a Mancunian, get him in.

SAFMUTD

Not convinced on him really. Poor defensively and great at attacking it seems. But that's in a league that leaves huge spaces at the back. So it may turn out that he's poor defensively and not effective in attack when you remove those spaces.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not convinced on him really. Poor defensively and great at attacking it seems. But that's in a league that leaves huge spaces at the back. So it may turn out that he's poor defensively and not effective in attack when you remove those spaces.
Thats not true, he isnt the type of player that just sprints into free spaces, he regularly beats defenders in 1v1s because his acceleration is probably second to none in Europe, he doesnt need much space to exploit his pace. Hes rapid and you cant catch him due to his extremely low center of gravity.

SAFMUTD

Thats not true, he isnt the type of player that just sprints into free spaces, he regularly beats defenders in 1v1s because his acceleration is probably second to none in Europe, he doesnt need much space to exploit his pace. Hes rapid and you cant catch him due to his extremely low center of gravity.
It's he more a RB or a RWB?

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's he more a RB or a RWB?
Right now hes a RWB and therefore his scoring output has increased a lot cause he gets to defend a bit less and make many runs forward. But he can play RB in a back 4 as well, hes done it the season before.

NLunited

He carries so much threat. Him and Antony working together could be awesome.

Idxomer

Short Dutch fullback, this is done.

If he's our starting right-back next season, the need for a commanding goalkeeper increases even further.

Cathy Ferguson

Is he press resistent? After 3 signings from Dortmund/Bundesliga there is some doubt to sign another Bundesliga player for big money. Any chance we can lure Pavard?

croadyman

Short Dutch fullback, this is done.

If he's our starting right-back next season, the need for a commanding goalkeeper increases even further.
We need new owners to get more than 3 in and my gut feeling is that the club see a new GK around 4th/5th on priority list

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Neither Dalot and Antony are quick. Frimpong is quick. Being a quick full back could provide balance for Antony on the right flank.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
€40mn on a right back doesn't feel like the smartest way to spend a chunk of our transfer budget given we'll likely have to spend eye-watering amounts on a striker and midfielder. Especially given he has such clear flaws in his game even though he is clearly very exciting. Definitely a position I'd prefer to be recruiting from cheaper markets in.
40 million is not a big fee in todays market. We also don't want mediocre players. An attacking RB should be a priority if we're being smart.

Bojan Djordjic

40 million is not a big fee in todays market. We also don't want mediocre players. An attacking RB should be a priority if we're being smart.
It isn't if its the final piece in your jigsaw but we have pretty major weaknesses in the spine of the team that should absolutely be addressed before right back or are you arguiing that a RB should be prioritised before centre forward, midfield and goalkeeper?

jamesjimmybyrondean

It isn't if its the final piece in your jigsaw but we have pretty major weaknesses in the spine of the team that should absolutely be addressed before right back or are you arguiing that a RB should be prioritised before centre forward, midfield and goalkeeper?
From reliable sources our major target is CF, CM and RB

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’d say all four of those are major priorities. I wouldn’t put a RB above CF but one can make arguments for each position - we have De Gea as goalie who can do a job, we have Casemiro and Eriksen in midfield who can do a job etc. If we can get the passing goalie or second CM ( I think we need 2) like Lavia or get a decent fee for a few players, 40 million on a right back we rate highly is a smart move. All depends on his quality really.

Suv666

All I want is a fullback who attacks like a madman. Its been ages since we've had a decent offensive fullback

klayton88

He carries so much threat. Him and Antony working together could be awesome.
Antony is quite good defensively and knows what EtH wants in a defensive capacity. He could maybe be converted to a modern day Tony Valencia with this lad as more direct out and out RW. Antony is one of our more press resistant players and technically very good, albeit one footed.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Love if you guys buy him if only so I can actually see the dude play. I've honestly never seen a single match of him. I can't even say with certainty what club he plays for (all these German midtable teams sound the same to me) is it Leverkusen? Gladbach? Werder Bremen? No it's definitely not Werder.

edit: Leverkusen it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.