Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Gwan Jeremy!
Gave him stick but he ran an excellent campaign.

InfiniteBoredom

Hard to know how much was down to Corbyn running a good campaign and how much down to May running a terrible one tbf. Crazy the way the Remain campaign and, now, the Tories gave such open goals to the opposition.
Yeah, this is the 2nd female politician in the last 12 months who found out that 'keep your head down and dont do anything stupid' is hardly a winning strategy.

Fundamentally, elections are about offering visions of the future, and as disliked as Corbyn is, he does have one.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Hard to know how much was down to Corbyn running a good campaign and how much down to May running a terrible one tbf.
Corbyn's campaign was as excellent as May's was awful. Corbyn appeals to young people, they can relate to his idea's. May is the opposite, young people cannot relate to her.
I've been a big critic of Corbyn as a party leader and against some of his idea's. However, as a campaigner I've only the utmost respect for Corbyn. He's been absolutely brilliant. No matter what your political stances are, you can only applaud Corbyn for a magnificent & inspiring campaign.

NinjaFletch

I think Corbyn's proved not that young people don't vote but that they've had no one to vote for. That's an important distinction and I hope that the political establishment will take notice.

Untied

Unassailable and vindicated.

Anyone trying to downplay Labour's achievement tonight doesn't realise quite how badly Miliband actually lost.

Plus Corbyn has undeniably changed what is considered electorally appealing in this country. Far from the suicide note of 1983, the policies in that manifesto are the future of UK politics.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, this is the 2nd female politician in the last 12 months who found out that 'keep your head down and dont do anything stupid' is hardly a winning strategy.

Fundamentally, elections are about offering visions of the future, and as disliked as Corbyn is, he does have one.
An end to austerity is an easy sell, mind you. Especially up against someone as devoid of coherent policies as they were of charisma.

Untied

Today is a complete write-off in terms of me getting work done. Two years of shit takes from complete cnuts like Cohen to go through and chuckle at.
Two years worth of hilariously wrong, reputation shredding opinions to mine for retweets. It's a fun day.

Untied

I guess he can go back to writing for The Spectator alongside James Delingpole and Rod Liddle

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I always liked Corbyn since he became leader of the party. Couldn't understand the hate for him, even by my mate Sadiq. The complete opposite to the horrible, slimy Blair. Good to see the country are seeing through the unfair character assassinations on him now.

Boycott

JK Rowling has been quiet on the Corbyn front in recent weeks considering how often she blabbed about him leading the party to ruins for the previous year

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Corbyn's campaign was as excellent as May's was awful. Corbyn appeals to young people, they can relate to his idea's. May is the opposite, young people cannot relate to her.
I've been a big critic of Corbyn as a party leader and against some of his idea's. However, as a campaigner I've only the utmost respect for Corbyn. He's been absolutely brilliant. No matter what your political stances are, you can only applaud Corbyn for a magnificent & inspiring campaign.
Well summed up Rams

Smores

JK Rowling has been quiet on the Corbyn front in recent weeks considering how often she blabbed about him leading the party to ruins for the previous year
I have a lot of respect for those who humbly accept they were wrong. I have a lot of disdain for those who can't. She has helped no one but her own ego when she decided her opinion was relevant

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
In the past I've disliked Jeremy, and wished that Labour had a stronger leader. I've thought him meek, and while his heart is in the right place he never came across to me like he had the balls or presence to make himself heard as an opposition and didn't seem to have the confidence. Kind of like someone who sits in the corner and barely audibly mutters 'but, but, but' and nobody listens to him. But I have to say in the last 2-3 weeks I've changed my mind on him completely and I've seen a side to him I've never seen before. Confident, great presence and a determination to stick to the issues rather than be drawn into anything petty. Gained a lot of respect for him.