4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

Can't believe he named his clothing brand Jlingz. I want to like him but its hard sometimes.

Stadjer

Can't believe he named his clothing brand Jlingz. I want to like him but its hard sometimes.
When Lingard goes full "style icon mode" i dont think he is wearing Jlingz clothing. From what ive seen the Jlingz clothes are pretty basic and just the type of clothes you would find in every store. Just a basic color shirt with the iconic Jlingz logo on it. The only reason it sells (if it sells.. i dont know) is because his name is attached to it and his fans (read : parents of his fans) buy it. It only makes sense to name it after his social media nickname.

Since this is the performance topic, lets hope there wont be many posts in this topic this season since that would mean he doesnt play much. Please just give his minutes to Greenwood/Gomes since both look a lot more talented when it comes to playing football. Dont know if they can match Lingard his world class running though...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Coutinho, Dybala, Eriksen, Bruno on the market and you, one of the richest clubs in the world stay with Lingard on no10 position. Amazing how lucky this guy is.

Nialinho

It's far from ideal having Jesse as our no. 10 for the season but it's our reality and he is a better player than he showed last year. I think in a more fluid, attack minded side he'll surely show a bit more. People will be camping in this thread complaining about every little detail regarding him but in his defense, he's always been a workhorse who is genuinely United through and through. He's only a youngster at 26 so there's still time for him yet. :lol:

Bwuk

Seriously needs to up his productivity this season.

20+ goals/assists. He’s most likely going to be our most senior starting forward.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Coutinho, Dybala, Eriksen, Bruno on the market and you, one of the richest clubs in the world stay with Lingard on no10 position. Amazing how lucky this guy is.
Being fair, we couldn't agree deals for two, ones and ex-Scouser and the other nobody else seems to want either.

luke511

It's incredible. I've never known a better example of right place, right time in terms of luck.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sounds like we tried for 2 of those and they just weren't interested.

Coutinho would never choose us.

Bruno is just a mystery.

billybee99

James Rodriguez was there to be had for awhile as well.

Pace Abuser

He has championship quality talent on the ball. Never looks forward, 5 yard sideways to the closest man just to keep the ball moving well away from the goal.

Such an awful player with 0 stand out qualities on the ball to be a creative or playmaking force. Dribbles a bit sometimes, into cul de sacs.

Steven-UK

He has championship quality talent on the ball. Never looks forward, 5 yard sideways to the closest man just to keep the ball moving well away from the goal.

Such an awful player with 0 stand out qualities on the ball to be a creative or playmaking force. Dribbles a bit sometimes, into cul de sacs.
Lingard should be nowhere near to pulling on a United shirt. How he is still at the club is frightening. No other top club would come in for him if he was released.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Being fair, we couldn't agree deals for two, ones and ex-Scouser and the other nobody else seems to want either.
Sounds like we tried for 2 of those and they just weren't interested.

Coutinho would never choose us.

Bruno is just a mystery.
Coutinho doesn't give a feck about rivalry. If we wanted him, he would come.
But nevermind those names. There are 50 better no10's than this guy. And still, he will stay and start most of our games this season.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Coutinho doesn't give a feck about rivalry. If we wanted him, he would come.
But nevermind those names. There are 50 better no10's than this guy. And still, he will stay and start most of our games this season.
Nah, I reckon Coutinho would see us as too much of a step down at this point in his career - regardless of past rivalry.

But completely agree - some of the players that have moved clubs this season (and the prices that they've moved for), you can't help but think why didn't we go for them.

luke511

He's going to get more minutes than ever this season, depressing stuff.

opopop

more of Lingard. FFS
Just think of it like this. He either somehow turns into a productive player or surely we're close to the end of this youngster taking up space on the pitch regularly. His forever young magic trick has to be running out of juice now he's closing in on 27.

Red Devil's Advocate

Fantastic.
I would want him to play centrally with Dalot on right.

------------Martial
Rashford----Lingard-----Dalot
-------Pogba---McTom--------

passing-wind

It's crazy to consider Lingard is older than Lukaku, Lukaku was regarded a youngster years ago so where does that leave Jessie.

I don't blame Lingard for being useless, the club have failed to adequately buy any players for the right wing position so he plays. Same as Ashley Young last season.

Rish Sawhney

It's crazy to consider Lingard is older than Lukaku, Lukaku was regarded a youngster years ago so where does that leave Jessie.

I don't blame Lingard for being useless, the club have failed to adequately buy any players for the right wing position so he plays. Same as Ashley Young last season.
He's not a right winger. Thats why he's crap there. He's a decent number 10. Its not that hard.

MaREDcus

He's not a right winger. Thats why he's crap there. He's a decent number 10. Its not that hard.
Define decent or better yet, from the below who would he replace as a number 10? Then of those, which ones are "decent"?

Arsenal: Ozil
Aston Villa: Grealish
Bournemouth:Brooks
Brighton: Grob
Burnely: Gudmundsson
Chelsea: Pulisic
Crystal Palace: Townsend
Everton: Sigurdsson
Leicester City: Maddison
Liverpool: Salah
Man City: De Bruyne
Newcastle: Almiron
Norwich: Stoepermann
Sheffield U: Morrison
Southampton: Redmond
Spurs: Eriksen
Watford: Doucore
West Ham: Anderson
Wolves: Jota

I think you will retract what you said above!

Red Devil's Advocate

:keano:I would have loved more likes on my post but then here I am debating and posting in a vitriolic thread, where people are so obsessed about someone who is from the academy and has been in the top half of our performers in a pathetic campaign but still gets rated in the bottom 10%, if we go by the average ratings and the general discussion.

Aren't most of you the ones who would have loved a world class signing such as Sanchez to come in and then replace Lingard blindfolded? Cheers to you all:devil::devil::devil:

Conor

I don't understand why people think Lingard will play loads, regardless of his form. Either he gets lots of game time because he's playing well, or he will be dropped, Solskjaer is not an idiot.

Red Devil's Advocate

I don't understand why people think Lingard will play loads, regardless of his form. Either he gets lots of game time because he's playing well, or he will be dropped, Solskjaer is not an idiot.
but people out here think that he is one.

Rish Sawhney

Define decent or better yet, from the below who would he replace as a number 10? Then of those, which ones are "decent"?

Arsenal: Ozil
Aston Villa: Grealish
Bournemouth:Brooks
Brighton: Grob
Burnely: Gudmundsson
Chelsea: Pulisic
Crystal Palace: Townsend
Everton: Sigurdsson
Leicester City: Maddison
Liverpool: Salah
Man City: De Bruyne
Newcastle: Almiron
Norwich: Stoepermann
Sheffield U: Morrison
Southampton: Redmond
Spurs: Eriksen
Watford: Doucore
West Ham: Anderson
Wolves: Jota

I think you will retract what you said above!
Err pretty much all of them apart for KdB, Eriksen and Maybe Maddison? I’d definitely have him over present day Ozil for one. Also is Salah a number 10 or are you just wumming? In fact a lot of players on that list aren’t even 10s.

criticalanalysis

He's a decent team player at best but not a decent 10 by any stretch of the imagination.

He plays in front of Pogba, takes that space in the hole and plays behind the strikers. One of the most important roles in the squad. He should creating chances left right and centre, linking up every possession and influencing play.

You know and I know he doesn't do that.

It'd make much more sense to play Pogba there and have two work horses behind him.

Red Devil's Advocate

He's a decent team player at best but not a decent 10 by any stretch of the imagination.

He plays in front of Pogba, takes that space in the hole and plays behind the strikers. One of the most important roles in the squad. He should creating chances left right and centre, linking up every possession and influencing play.

You know and I know he doesn't do that.

It'd make much more sense to play Pogba there and have two work horses behind him.
He makes that space for Pogba. Critical aspect, if you ask me. Pogba plays deep because he has that range of passing to be in complete command while Lingard rags the defenders hard.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Sad times.
For better or worse, that is 3 academy players starting in midfield for Man Utd. It is not a top level midfield but it is not bad either when taking into consideration they all came from the academy. It is potentially what dreams are made of. What is even better is that Lingard's position specifically is up in the air with other academy lads like Gomes and Garner coming through. Lingard surely won't play right wing anymore either, which is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.