4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

Thought he was useless. Apart from the run where he won a foul and yellow card to Jorginho, was invisible. Standard performance, should be nowhere near the first team.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Gary Neville said he had a great game.

Staggers me what people see in him. He's fecking abysmal.

Marcelinho87

Thought he was useless. Apart from the run where he won a foul and yellow card to Jorginho, was invisible. Standard performance, should be nowhere near the first team.
As I said previously I have laid into him a lot and I actually quite dislike him but you are being harsh imo. His pressing and work off the ball is what caused Chelsea to be poor on the ball which lead to us taking it from them on the front foot so often.

Needs to do it more often though.

Reiver

Fairly anonymous first half but had a good second half. There's almost no point in playing him if he isn't going to he through the middle.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The unsung hero today.

Gets so much hate, but was quality today. If he can keep this level, he will be a very useful player this season.

He impressed at the WC for England at the end of the day. Can't be that bad.
That's not a really high mark to use as a standard. Nor is it accurate. He had one good game....against Panama. The rest of the time he was completely invisible.

L1nk

The unsung hero today.

Gets so much hate, but was quality today. If he can keep this level, he will be a very useful player this season.

He impressed at the WC for England at the end of the day. Can't be that bad.
Absolutely no idea what you saw the entire game, he contributed barely anything bar that one good run, i'd prefer to see Dan James starting on that right hand side.

Milo2035

If you think he had a bad game, you might wanna learn more about football. He's the best player up front.

Water Melon

He was good today. He was doing hell lot of off the ball work. Well done, Jesse.

3KDré

Would much rather see Gomes play instead who is apparently also very good with his pressing and is probably more likely to win fouls etc.

freeurmind

weak willed
As said by most, much better in the second half, we're just a much better side when he's involved in things, he really helps with the tempo upfront. Hopefully he can build on this performance.

Rajma

We don’t have a right flank when he’s on the pitch. He shouldn’t be playing simple as.

billybee99

Worst United player today by some margin for me. Little better in the 2nd half. 1st half he was dreadful.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Jesse's much more effective as a #10 when he can float. Never a winger. We shouldn't push him into areas where his main attributes, quick interplay and good positioning in the box, are nullified. Better to start James out wide.

Rish Sawhney

I guess nobody notices that all the control we got later in the game we only got when he was moved up top as the primary presser.

Pace Abuser

Gary Neville said he had a great game.

Staggers me what people see in him. He's fecking abysmal.
I'm assuming they judge him in the relative context of him being garbage. He was good (garbage) today, as opposed to crap garbage.

Milo2035

I guess nobody notices that all the control we got later in the game we only got when he was moved up top as the primary presser.
But...but...right wing. But he didn't score or assist...
Seriously he needs teammates with better football brains than Rashford and Martial. Ole will stick with these 3 though. Greenwood and James will be on the bench. Gomes will play U23 all season and leave in the end.

kiristao

Had a poor first half. He is good when he plays down the middle as he presses well and also drives with the ball at his feet.
Was not a surprise he had a better 2nd half considering he played down the middle with Periera and then James on the right

I’ve got it!

He’s Chris Smalling! When on form he does certain things so well that you think he’s a good option, and then someone like Maguire comes in and shows you that United can actually have all of that good stuff, plus the extra you need from a top player.

King Andow

Invisible in the 1st half, wasn't even tracking back, the hard-working lad. Very meh in the 2nd.

Last 1.046 minutes (Utd and England) in official matches:
0 goals
0 assists
5 yellow cards

NinjaFletch

Thought he was good when he went central. It should be apparent at this point that he isn't an option on the right.

Andersonson

People saying he was shit today has decided on that, no matter what. Atleast try to be objective. He had a good game, we won 4-0 and he played his part in that

Red Devil's Advocate

Invisible in the 1st half, wasn't even tracking back, the hard-working lad. Very meh in the 2nd.

Last 1.046 minutes (Utd and England) in official matches:
0 goals
0 assists
5 yellow cards
It was the left flank that needed protection. There wasn't much thread down our right because AWB was a boss .

Andersons Dietician

He was non existent first half and looked like he was running in sand but 2nd half he was like a changed player. Wasn’t amazing but his general energy or ability to press really started to show. He was much improved in that 2nd half.

Robbie Boy

He confuses the hell out of me, thought he had some really nice moments and a really good second half, that said, he never once looked dangerous.

I never know what to make of Lingard and can’t help but feel there’s players that can offer all of ”that” plus a threat.
I agree. I thought for ages he was pretty poor but somehow by the end he convinced me he had a good game despite being pretty non effective as an actual creator in the final third.

Red Devil's Advocate

Jesse's much more effective as a #10 when he can float. Never a winger. We shouldn't push him into areas where his main attributes, quick interplay and good positioning in the box, are nullified. Better to start James out wide.
Absolutely agree with you. James needs a bit more baptism and he will start against weaker opposition.

Red Devil's Advocate

I agree. I thought for ages he was pretty poor but somehow by the end he convinced me he had a good game despite being pretty non effective as an actual creator in the final third.
You should always look at his secondary assists. He is always involved in most of the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.