Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Agreed. I don't blame Ole for trying to get something out of him during an injury crisis but talking him up in pressers and giving him minutes hasn't worked out. Lingard's become a meme, and though I thought not so long back the adverse reaction to his public profile was over the top the reality is social media antics, clothing ranges and talk of 0.012% are not compatible with a player producing zero on the pitch for United for over a year.

Thankfully he's down the pecking order now as you say and it's reached the point where a parting of ways is best for everyone.
I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Jesse is still a major prospect, at only 21 I’d say Ole is just giving him some time our to get his head right and then play him into the form we all know he’s capable of.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Jesse is still a major prospect, at only 21 I’d say Ole is just giving him some time our to get his head right and then play him into the form we all know he’s capable of.
We'll see, I mean I don't bet against up and coming teen prospects such as Lingard lightly but I just don't see him reaching the Iniesta-type potential Rene and others saw in him when he was coming through.

Back on Earth for a moment, as others have said I'm hoping Bruno's signing and Lingard's exclusion from the squad yesterday are sure signs he has fallen down the pecking order and we'll be looking to move him on this summer. I'm almost certain he's done here and I think Ole is coming to the same conclusion now.

GoldanoGraham

Signing up with fat boy agent will be the final dumbass thing Lingard does - must have been listening to his fanboy Pogba too much and feels hard done by - once they are both gone this summer then we can close the chapter on Raiola for good. Let’s hope Serie A keep wanting to take our has beens and wanna be’s......

Lee565

Form is temporary though, there are plenty of players in the premier league that show good form but wouldnt want them at United because they are nowhere near the class needed for a team wanting to be the best.

Foxbatt

yes he does a lot of running but most of it is absolutely useless. I think we should get a marathon runner if we need someone who can run non stop. We need a football player and not aa runner. I have never seen anyone more useless than him at United than Lingard. I would take Fellaini over him any day.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fitting performance to mark his 200th appearance. I really wanted him score, assist, something, but he's just out of it now. Needs a fresh start elsewhere.

kiristao

Such a poor performance. Gave away the ball way too often even when not under pressure. Couldn't make a 5 yard pass more often than not. I counted about 4 times in the first 20 mins of the 2nd half when he misplaced a simple 5 yard pass.

AshRK

I am the point where I don't know how much more can I criticise him. He is just not good enough and add to that he is in his worst form. Ole is not doing this lad any favour. That was just a shocking performance.

Based Adnan

He is so fecking shit. Don't care what the level of the opposition is, he shouldn't play from now until the end of the season and should be swiftly moved on first thing in the summer. It's beyond a joke.

thepolice123

Epitome of the one-touch/lay-off pass merchant. So terrified of holding the ball in tight spaces.

Master Yoda

Lingard hardly makes the bench. The only positive I can take is that he was actualy visible this game. Much better performance overall but still not good enough, not even as a squad player.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He wasn’t the worst player tonight by any stretch but wont stop the haters.
Who was the worst player then?
Errrrr....let me try and spin this.

I think Lingard was excellent as always and if there are any rival club scouts reading this, do not believe the posts which berate him.
He may have scored only 1 goal in the last year, against a League One side, but it was a fine goal. Once he gets run of games against League One opposition, he can score 30 goals a season, easy.
And also he can do weird handshakes, which always helps.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To what extent can you criticise him?
He isn't picking himself. He's rotten.

Djemba-Djemba

He wasn’t the worst player tonight by any stretch but wont stop the haters.
The haters :lol: :lol::houllier:

When you've gone 14 months without a league goal and you've put in mostly 1/10 performances for the last 2 years you tend to not get given the benefit of the doubt anymore.

AshRK

To what extent can you criticise him?
He isn't picking himself. He's rotten.
and especially when you have equally crap player in Periera and a slow Mata form a trinity. It was poor game management by Ole.

LJJT

Sorry to say it as I have a soft spot for him but he was terrible tonight. He quite often is. He’s had two good games this year (city and spurs wins) aside from that he’s been piss poor which is a real shame

klayton88

Raiola is known for getting more money than players are worth so with any luck he'll get £300 quid for us in the summer

Kostov

There is shit, there is Pereira shit, then there is absolute shit, and then there is Jesse Lingard shit. Absolutely appalling footballer earning 100k a week.

Mike Smalling

Imagine what Leicester must have thought when Lingard was offered as part of the payment for Maddison.

“Can we have your best player, and while we are at it, please also take our biggest liability off our hands. Thanks!”

redshaw

Not a good audition for any Italian team watching. Even at Hyde United I'd want a 10 game trial before signing him.

Just hope Lingard and his agent find a new club in summer. We can't be tolerating this kind of player next season.

drdoityourself

When you see him in the starting lineup, it's just you know exactly how he'll play, and even how boring the game will be. I can't remember such a deflating player.

As a fan of this football club, I really hope we're witnessing the last of his performances. It's absurd he's managed 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.