4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

billybee99

Since we have an injury crisis right now, form issues (Martial, Greenwood, James) and tiredness playing so many games, I wonder why are we not trying Lingard on the right wing?

I remember he used to be decent option on the right, as he has the energy to run up and down on the wings. He is not intelligent enough to play through the middle as we can all see and since we have Bruno now, we wouldn't even need him there anyways.

So why not him on the right wing? Just run up down, give crosses in, what do you all think? Some of the easy games till the end of the season before selling him?
We tried him on the right wing for 3 years and he was crap. And for 3 years the fanboys said he was being played out of position on the wing; they told us he was a 10 and just wait and see when he gets a chance to play in the middle. Now he's a failure as a 10 and you say to play him as a winger. Ok sure.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If you mean he has two legs, a head and a pulse then yes he does, otherwise lay off the drugs Rene.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I agree with Rene.
On form Lingard is comfortably one of the best players in the country. Just needs to find his confidence.
We have to do our level best to sell Lingard as a player he clearly isn't. Its the only way we can get rid.
Hype.Him.Up.

Paul_Scholes18

He has a similar style though to a degree. Just far away from that level of course and also in terrible form.
It is way more accurate then Messi Lingard and stuff like that.
With better coaching/management and players around him he would do better no doubt about it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well Iniesta famously didn't score a lot of goals. So in that sense....

Paul_Scholes18

Well Iniesta famously didn't score a lot of goals. So in that sense....
They have both scored massive winners in added time under super defensive managers. Iniesta in the world cup and Lingard in the Fa cup.
Difference is Lingard scored a better winner with more class.

Lingards highlights video is probably better than Iniestas. His being crap video great too. Not sure you can do that with Iniesta.

Last edited:

Based Adnan

They have both scored massive winners in added time under super defensive managers. Iniesta in the world cup and Lingard in the Fa cup.
Difference is Lingard score a better winner with more class.

Lingards highlights video is probably better than Iniestas. His being crap video great too. Not sure you can do that with Iniesta.
:lol:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Iniesta could sue him and probably would win.
How to lose any credibility whatsoever, René Meulensteen edition: compare Jesse f..ing Lingard to Andres Iniesta

Let's be very, very clear: Lingard was better before the dip in the form and some would even say was an ok squad player, but he was never, ever, in million years ever anything close to Iniesta. WTF, seriously?!

If you mean he has two legs, a head and a pulse then yes he does, otherwise lay off the drugs Rene.
:D Glad to see there are still sane people on Caf. Because - you read the absolute make-believe ridiculous fantasies of some posters here and you may think we are in some alternate reality, on Mars. Cheers, mate!

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

We need to stop calling it terrible form as this is quite clearly not form, it's his ceiling, this is as good as he gets! (Not very)

Lee565

I think 100% he should go but I dont get why if Ole plays lingard whilst rashford is out why would he not play him on the left wing?

Surely that position would be best suited to a player like lingard who can at times score the odd curled shot worldie here and there and if he suppose to be good at finding space between defences, then surely you want him finding space in an area that finds him in a situation that suits his shooting technique as a right footer?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We need to stop calling it terrible form as this is quite clearly not form, it's his ceiling, this is as good as he gets! (Not very)
It's obviously not his ceiling as he's played significantly better than this in the past. He's never been great (except for that one month golden period), but it's only been this season that he's been this bad. In previous season he's generally been at a level of a decent squad player.

Paul_Scholes18

He has scored 3 cup final goals. Two of them insanly good goals too.
He has never scored a lot, but has stepped up in big games before.
He is no world beater, but was a good player to have around under Mourinho.
Only started maybe 30-50% of the game or less, but had a role to play.

People are too quick to write off players after a poor run.
Many did it with Di Maria after his time here.
Poor management can ruin very good players.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

He was shit even under Mourinho, Why do you think the tread Hating Lingard was created in 2017? Because people overate the shit out of english players

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Difference is Lingard scored a better winner with more class.

Is this a wum?

Paul_Scholes18

He was shit even under Mourinho, Why do you think the tread Hating Lingard was created in 2017? Because people overate the shit out of english players
People use the extreme though. Lots of people claim Barca and Real got a shit squads now etc.
He was not a world beater, but still a good player. Did alright in the world cup too.

He was not overrated. He was a decent squad player who got into the English world cup squad. What is the problem with that?
People here jump on players constantly though. Everyone has got stick and gets it for a poor run of for.
Rashford has even got it this season. Pogba got a lot although he got his defenders too.
If you just look for the bad it sounds like we got a league 1 squad.

Paul_Scholes18

Is this a wum?
No all true. Highlights maybe depend on what you like, but Lingard has scored more great goals.
Although if you include great assists then Iniesta will probably win out.
Barca got more nice team goals as well and Iniesta was often involved.

Of course what is a great goal is more subjective. Someone might like a Sterling tap in from two yards and you could call that amazing that he didn't shoot over.

Paul_Scholes18

:lol: :lol:

No, I can't even begin with this

Are you a JLINGZ sales rep?
I do not talk about Lingard being better here.
Just mentioned the highlights.
I watched top 10 goals for both now. Lingards best goals are better and have more variation.
Although Iniesta shows a basic quality on all the goals that is really high. It feels like Iniesta could do them over and over again.
Lingards feels more like 1/100 goals at times.

Just one article though. They have some similarites in the roles they played and the style they got if we compared those sides.
Iniesta got a brain at another level than Lingards for sure. In terms of the ability to read the game
he was at another level. Passing at another level. Lingard might be slightly faster as his only advantage over Iniesta.

lumeyes

Darron Gibson also scored one or two great goals for us. Why was he let go?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I agree with Rene.
On form Lingard is comfortably one of the best players in the country. Just needs to find his confidence.
We have to do our level best to sell Lingard as a player he clearly isn't. Its the only way we can get rid.
Hype.Him.Up.
Understood.

The truth is Lingard has been key in 3 cup finals with key goals. How many has Iniesta won on his own?
The reason he do not perform under Ole is since we never reach any finals for him to dominate in ;).
Paul_Scholes18, you are 100% correct. Lingard is a fantastic player and if he were to move to a club which is able to coach him, he will be World Class!
Now, hopefully, rival club scouts are reading this. :)

Lingard only has the 1 2020 goal against Tranmere.

In 2019 Lingard scored 2 goals. Iniesta scored 7.
Yes, that's due to bad coaching. Under better coaching, he should be able to get 20-25 league goals per season.
In 2020, I firmly believe that he will outscore Iniesta.

Raw

If you told me he played yesterday I would have believed you.

Hope this means he's going to feature a lot less thanks to Bruno.

Ace of Spades

If you told me he played yesterday I would have believed you.

Hope this means he's going to feature a lot less thanks to Bruno.
I think Lingard is going to be the one on the chopping block, Mata and Periera seem to be above him, and Bruno will start majority of the games. We seem to be looking at more midfielders and attackers, and Lingard has not been offered a new contract. I think the Bruno signing was the nail in the coffin for him.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think Lingard is going to be the one on the chopping block, Mata and Periera seem to be above him, and Bruno will start majority of the games. We seem to be looking at more midfielders and attackers, and Lingard has not been offered a new contract. I think the Bruno signing was the nail in the coffin for him.
And so it should be. It is 12 months overdue.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think that was the plan, it is no secret that more signings were expected, but we were just so slow to get deals done.
True. I also feel like Ole thought he could still get something out of him as well. Ole has now finally realized that he is just garbage.

crossy1686

career ending
Is he injured or was be just totally dropped?
I'd completely drop him (and Pogba) from the squad every time Raiola opened his mouth. Set a clear example to the rest of the squad, also, he's shit and shouldn't even be at the club for a start anyway. Let's hope Inter keep Conte and he wants to keep this Man Utd tribute act going.

crossy1686

career ending
True. I also feel like Ole thought he could still get something out of him as well. Ole has now finally realized that he is just garbage.
I think he's known for a while but we haven't had many options in the midfield. Now Bruno is here we have a much better option and Lingard shouldn't even make the bench.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Agreed. I don't blame Ole for trying to get something out of him during an injury crisis but talking him up in pressers and giving him minutes hasn't worked out. Lingard's become a meme, and though I thought not so long back the adverse reaction to his public profile was over the top the reality is social media antics, clothing ranges and talk of 0.012% are not compatible with a player producing zero on the pitch for United for over a year.

Thankfully he's down the pecking order now as you say and it's reached the point where a parting of ways is best for everyone.

sp_107

On top of all this he is now managed by Riola, I dont like to lose a good player just to put a boot on a bad agent but I think Lingard had his chances and its time to move him on. Same time we can definitely make a statement to any agent that better dont mess with UTD in public.

Paul_Scholes18

Understood.

Paul_Scholes18, you are 100% correct. Lingard is a fantastic player and if he were to move to a club which is able to coach him, he will be World Class!

Yes, that's due to bad coaching. Under better coaching, he should be able to get 20-25 league goals per season.
Finally someone talking sense. 200 million far for LinGOD.

crossy1686

career ending
Understood.

What the actual feck is this? :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.