4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoneBmStore

A bit of passion from Ole on the sidelines. I like it Ole, I like it.

"Jesse. One more time and you’re f****** off."

More of that and you won't be getting criticized as much. Get the fear in those players like Fergie!

Don't be giving crap a free pass!

Now just relegate him to the reserves and get Woodward to offer him to clubs for 5 million max.
IMO Ole’s rant at Lingaard was stupid. It’s stupid for a professional coach to even get to that point with a professional player. Should sub him off immediately.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Just seen the clip of Ole going mental at him. About fcuking time. And probably the only time I have seen Ole act like a manager.
A bit of passion from Ole on the sidelines. I like it Ole, I like it.

"Jesse. One more time and you’re f****** off."

More of that and you won't be getting criticized as much. Get the fear in those players like Fergie!

Don't be giving crap a free pass!

Now just relegate him to the reserves and get Woodward to offer him to clubs for 5 million max.
If anything it just reiterated all the times i posted about Ole going mental in the dressing room

Only difference now is, he’s done it in public

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
I feel for him tbh. He had a couple of years where it was all going really well. Lots of appearances and goals for United, call ups to England, World Cup appearances and goals. Then for whatever reason, it all dried up. His confidence is gone and he's in such a rut that he cannot get it back. There is a player in there, but I cannot see it being at United past the summer. He needs to go abroad, and start again.

Bondi77

Garbage,
Could not hold onto the ball and created a big fat zero and he was the link up man.
Ole hugged him on the touch line when he hauled him off the pitch,
I would have choked him.

crossy1686

career ending
I feel for him tbh. He had a couple of years where it was all going really well. Lots of appearances and goals for United, call ups to England, World Cup appearances and goals. Then for whatever reason, it all dried up. His confidence is gone and he's in such a rut that he cannot get it back. There is a player in there, but I cannot see it being at United past the summer. He needs to go abroad, and start again.
I find it hard to feel sorry for him to be honest. Everyone wanted him to be successful at United and the second he gained some minor success he chose celebrity-ism over football.

Raw

I do too. He's a massive United fan since a very young age and he's living the dream, but now he's absolute shit and fans dislike him so it must get to him. I can sympathise but there have been plenty of players who came from the academy who were United fans from a young age but never reached the heights Lingard has. He should feel lucky.

Sylar

Bet its cos hes no longer with that Jena Frumes woman.

Sylar

You can't blame her can you? Imagine having to put up with that man-child 24/7?
And the rumours were he cheated on her.

Oh well, whatever is the reason, Lingard has had many chances and I dont think he will improve or get any better than what hes showing. At the very least, the supposed workrate seems to not be there either. I dont see him harrassing opposition, making those off the ball runs to create space which he was at least doing last year.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I see Lingard is the lowest rated player yet again, but this time I think that´s just unfair. What did Martial and Greenwood do? Lingard was decent tonight, especially first half.
He was awful last night. Granted Greenwood and Martial were too, but feck me Lingard can't even hold / run with the ball. The amount of times he played it too far in front of him / was tackled easily / passed to an oppo player and so on was shocking. He seriously shouldn't be starting again.

crossy1686

career ending
And the rumours were he cheated on her.

Oh well, whatever is the reason, Lingard has had many chances and I dont think he will improve or get any better than what hes showing. At the very least, the supposed workrate seems to not be there either. I dont see him harrassing opposition, making those off the ball runs to create space which he was at least doing last year.
I don't believe rumours but it would speak volumes about his maturity.

He looks like a tribute act to a footballer this season. Like that time Souness got tricked into playing that Sunday League player in the PL for Southampton.

Sylar

I don't believe rumours but it would speak volumes about his maturity.

He looks like a tribute act to a footballer this season. Like that time Souness got tricked into playing that Sunday League player in the PL for Southampton.
Weahs cousin :lol: too funny
Maybe lingard is pogba and rashfords mascot ...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
IMO Ole’s rant at Lingaard was stupid. It’s stupid for a professional coach to even get to that point with a professional player. Should sub him off immediately.
He shouldn't even play him. Ole shouldn't be pissed off at Lingard because he is what he is, you cannot even expect to not lose the ball.

greendevil

Terrible player whose been found out! The amount of times he lost the ball was a joke last night and also for one of City's offside goals. Is it any wonder poor Martial and Greenwood didn't see much of the ball relying on Lingard to create anything for them when he isn't capable of doing it, all he's good for is his energy levels. A player of the same ilk as Cleverley, Gibson, Drinkwater, Januzaj etc but still here because we've been rubbish since Fergie's retirement and probably only here because he helps the homegrown quota and nobody is daft enough to pay what he'd supposedly be worth. Lad has some Agent to be fair to get all the promotional work/income hes had over the past few years but that'll disappear soon enough due to being an average player.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Plenty of managers have done it, its likely also the last straw for Lingard as Ole hoped to fire something up inside him but he might have downed the tools knowing Bruno is coming.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Don't feel too sad about him. Raiola will find a way to bring him to Real Madrid, earning 200k per week.

Alabaster Codify7

We've had several of these 'moments' but I think last night might be the final nail for this fraud. Ole now has an actual, talented #10 who can score and create ready to go - I think Lingard has seen his arse with this club, now.

Sold in the summer hopefully. It'll be eye-opening to see the quality of potential buyers.

Really frustrating seeing him on the ground waving his arms at the ref when he's overrun his dribble and been tackled for the umpteenth time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We've had several of these 'moments' but I think last night might be the final nail for this fraud. Ole now has an actual, talented #10 who can score and create ready to go - I think Lingard has seen his arse with this club, now.

Sold in the summer hopefully. It'll be eye-opening to see the quality of potential buyers.
He will get new contract. You know it, i know it and everybody here know that. The fact that he gets chance after chance in first 11 and that one decent game against division 1 team was enough to start against City tell you everything about Ole's opinion about Lingard.
All what Lingard needs to do is have one decent game then and there. I can't remember that some player had this much credit like he has.

crossy1686

career ending

I think Everton are the only team daft enough in the PL to take a gamble on him. Apart from that he'll end up aborad, probably Turkey, slim chance Italy due to Raiola.

Alabaster Codify7

He will get new contract. You know it, i know it and everybody here know that. The fact that he gets chance after chance in first 11 and that one decent game against division 1 team was enough to start against City tell you everything about Ole's opinion about Lingard.
All what Lingard needs to do is have one decent game then and there. I can't remember that some player had this much credit like he has.

Yep, I'm in denial. He's probably already signed it.

Siorac

Been meaning to post this a while, but the thing that pisses me off the most about Lingard is that (in my opinion) he IS good enough to be at least a useful squad player/super sub... he has proven in the past that he can do it. The fact that he puts in such shocking performances now just isn’t acceptable.

If a player isn’t good enough, then what can you do? Can’t get angry at someone for doing their best but their best not being good enough.

However, in Lingard’s case, he has proven that he can play at times, but he hasn’t done that for a long time and that shows that either he isn’t trying or that he’s “lost” it.
You're making the mistake of trying to judge a player on his "top level". When he's at his absolute best. That is not completely irrelevant, obviously, but wildly misleading. I mean, David Bentley once scored a hat-trick against Manchester United. Hell, James Beattie had a season when he kept up with Van Nistelrooy and Henry on the scoring charts.

If a player is shite most of the time but every couple of years he has a purple patch of a few weeks, then that player is shite. Being able to play at your best most of the time is an important quality for a footballer and cannot be ignored. Saying that "if only he performed like that more often, he'd be great" is as pointless as saying that "if only he were faster, he could compete in the Olympics".

Or, to use another example: I generally suck at online shooters. Sometimes I put together a great kill streak. Does that mean I'm good enough but I'm usually not trying? No: it shows that I can occasionally punch above my weight despite being shite.

Alabaster Codify7

You're making the mistake of trying to judge a player on his "top level". When he's at his absolute best. That is not completely irrelevant, obviously, but wildly misleading. I mean, David Bentley once scored a hat-trick against Manchester United. Hell, James Beattie had a season when he kept up with Van Nistelrooy and Henry on the scoring charts.

If a player is shite most of the time but every couple of years he has a purple patch of a few weeks, then that player is shite. Being able to play at your best most of the time is an important quality for a footballer and cannot be ignored. Saying that "if only he performed like that more often, he'd be great" is as pointless as saying that "if only he were faster, he could compete in the Olympics".

Or, to use another example: I generally suck at online shooters. Sometimes I put together a great kill streak. Does that mean I'm good enough but I'm usually not trying? No: it shows that I can occasionally punch above my weight despite being shite.

Excellently put mate. Agree with every single word. Every broken clock is right twice a day - that doesn't mean it's a functioning clock.

crossy1686

career ending
What evidence do you have to know he will get a new contract? I think he'll be first out the door come the summer if Maddison or Grealish get signed. He's done nothing to warrant a new contract.

Utdfanabroad

Has taken Ole long enough to react that way.

Man the Tranmere goal celebration pissed me off so much I nearly broke my phone.

I’ve been thinking of players in the history of United who are worse than Lingard and I’ve struggled to name any who have been as fortunate to be given as many chances as Lingard has gotten. All of Lingard’s minutes this season should have been spread out between players like Gomes, Levitt, Garner, etc. Players who have actually shown enough and consistent promise from a young age.
How did he celebrate? I must have missed it

billybee99

Oh give me a break. Like Sir Alex never fired a rocket up somebody's arse on the touchline. I loved it. I'm tired of seeing Ole sit there like a statue. It was refreshing and actually made me warm to him a bit more. It reminded me of when LVG did that prat fall on the touchline a few years ago. It made me think that maybe Ole isn't this "smiling fool" facade we see in the press room; maybe behind the scenes, in the change room and at Carrington, he doesn't mind having a go at the players. I hope that is the case.

As for Jlingz, had you asked me 3 days ago, I would have said with 100% certainty that he would sign a new contract but with this outburst from Ole, Ole has revealed his true feelings for Jesse and it is very obvious that Ole has reached his limit. Add to that the signing of Bruno and there is not a doubt in my mind now that Jesse is done here; he will go in the summer.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

Missed the game yesterday, so can anyone explain what JLingz did to make Ole lose his sh*t? Is there a clip of the specific incident?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What evidence do you have to know he will get a new contract? I think he'll be first out the door come the summer if Maddison or Grealish get signed. He's done nothing to warrant a new contract.
Evidence? He plays week after week despite we had 3 players who can play on that position. Ole always talks highly about him( and it is not just nice talk what every manager does). Ole loves his "bubly" character. And we can deny it all day but the fact that he is local lad gives him a lot more credits than other players have. How many times people said that Lingard is done? And then he would start next game. He started against City because he scored against bloody division 1 team despite Mata and Pereira showed much more in recent weeks.

I stand by my words. Lingard just needs few good games and based on that he will get his contract. Not to mention that we sack in selling players so we will "protect our value".

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole deciding to play him is worse than Lingard's actual performances.
What did he really expect ?
Well Lingard did perform here out of the blue a few weeks back.
Can see Ole's thinking. Certain players just perform well against certain teams.

Møllemanden

The most amazing thing about Lingard, is his season's average rating on the CAF is 4.2
You're right. He's on a 2.4 rating here.

Missed the game yesterday, so can anyone explain what JLingz did to make Ole lose his sh*t? Is there a clip of the specific incident?
He gave away possesion far to often. At least two times they resulted in dangerous City counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.