Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think the pressure gets to him and he just becomes extremely nervous. Lots of players cannot handle the pressure. I think its one of the things that separates the top players from the average.

Anyhow i think his time here is over.

Who will take him with the high wages i dont know.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
He was our best attacker today. Poor, but won the freekick for the goal. Why just spit the same hate as you guys do every game towards him.
We barely had any attacks though, but it was tactical to a large degree.
I was angry over a few stupid and poor things he did too, but no need to always focus 100% on the negatives when you dislike someone.

Our attack is a joke, but hopefully Bruno will improve things a bit. Lingard should be benched next game 100%.
Are you drunk?

Lynty

Worst performance ive ever seen from him.

Looked like we'd got a decentish fan playing for us.

Andersons Dietician

Seen some terrible performances from him over the last few years but today had to be the worst 65 minutes of football he has ever played. He was terrible. The ball continuously bouncing off him or him trying to take the ball on the back foot and spin with out the actual skill to control the ball was tedious. Lost count how many times his touch let the ball get away from him.

Then there were the times people played the ball in to the space he should be moving in to, but instead he‘s quite happy to remain standing behind a player.

However his most annoying trait is he has his back to play, we have a break. All he has to do is lay it off to Fred who is looking down field at people running in to space. Just ridiculous.

David De Gea

That was Ali Dia levels of shiteness tonight. Absolute joke of a player. First touch is so bad his second touch is a tackle.

The Purley King

That was a fecking desperate performance.
Can never fault his effort but feck my life he was dogshit tonight. Was the sole cause of many city counters through Lukaku-esque first touches. On another night he’d be the reason we lost 3-1.
I like his effort and application but he’s just not good enough.
Sell him asap please ole.

stevoc

He was our best attacker today. Poor, but won the freekick for the goal. Why just spit the same hate as you guys do every game towards him.
We barely had any attacks though, but it was tactical to a large degree.
I was angry over a few stupid and poor things he did too, but no need to always focus 100% on the negatives when you dislike someone.

Our attack is a joke, but hopefully Bruno will improve things a bit. Lingard should be benched next game 100%.
I see Lingard is the lowest rated player yet again, but this time I think that´s just unfair. What did Martial and Greenwood do? Lingard was decent tonight, especially first half.
He was neither attacking nor decent tonight, he killed every attack that went near him. I suspect those opinions are borne out of sympathy for him because of the criticism he's receiving in here tonight. But let's be honest here in that game he struggled to do even the basics right and kept giving the ball away. His first touch would make Lukaku look like Eric in his prime, he was unable to find teammates 3-4 feet away with passes. He shouldn't be playing football right now never mind for United. He needs a break.

Martial and Greenwood struggled largely because we had so little possession and largely because Lingard was supposed to be linking the midfield and attack in the rares instances we did have the ball in the first half.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel for him. We are demanding performances from him he isn't capable of.

Acole9

Outstanding
I forgot he was even on the pitch until Solskjaer shouted at him :lol:.

atkar83

I can't even list how many times over the past 7 years where United have been up a goal, Lingard has had a chance to make it 2-0 on a great scoring oppurtunity, only for him to miss and the opposing team to either tie us shortly after or beat us. I feel like he'll run around a lot but not actually do any defending like going for tackles or interceptions. Can't wait till he's gone.

crossy1686

career ending
He's finished. He's massively insecure, all the video's and need for constant social media likes validates that fact and now he can't handle the pressure of being in a rut and the criticism that comes with it.

Experts say that 99% of the time a players bad form is linked to his personal life. Sure, the grandad and mother thing, will have been tough on him, so will actually having some responsibility for once over his siblings but football should be an escape from all that, like work is for most people going through hardship.

You have to wonder if the failing clothing line is having an impact also. Bet it's swallowing the best part of his wages at this point. I would almost guarantee this is one of the major players in his poor form because that would keep most of us awake at night also.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

Hes in absolute awful form this past year or so.

Far car from the man that was starting for United and England in that world cup year

JonnyIreland

Been meaning to post this a while, but the thing that pisses me off the most about Lingard is that (in my opinion) he IS good enough to be at least a useful squad player/super sub... he has proven in the past that he can do it. The fact that he puts in such shocking performances now just isn’t acceptable.

If a player isn’t good enough, then what can you do? Can’t get angry at someone for doing their best but their best not being good enough.

However, in Lingard’s case, he has proven that he can play at times, but he hasn’t done that for a long time and that shows that either he isn’t trying or that he’s “lost” it.

thepolice123

He's finished. He's massively insecure, all the video's and need for constant social media likes validates that fact and now he can't handle the pressure of being in a rut and the criticism that comes with it.

Experts say that 99% of the time a players bad form is linked to his personal life. Sure, the grandad and mother thing, will have been tough on him, so will actually having some responsibility for once over his siblings but football should be an escape from all that, like work is for most people going through hardship.

You have to wonder if the failing clothing line is having an impact also. Bet it's swallowing the best part of his wages at this point. I would almost guarantee this is one of the major players in his poor form because that would keep most of us awake at night also.
I'd be seriously shocked if this is true. Clothing brands aren't exactly very costly on business expenses and it seems like he does not even do brick-and-mortar, only e-commerce. Its reported that he lost 200k pounds last year but that's not even 2 weeks of his wages.

marktan

He's technically not good enough to really do much in possession, he realises that so he's panicking a lot and playing a lot of first time passes and flicks to get rid of the ball. He won a free kick not through actual skill but by essentially kicking it forward and luckily it went through the oppo's legs.

I feel for him because he tries hard but technically he's just not there. In all honesty I think he'd struggle at the majority of PL sides, his on the ball ability is very poor.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
He's not great but not being used correctly either. He should be an squad option in the forward line, because he's got decent pace and legs, can press all game and isn't actually a bad finisher when it falls to him in the box.

Played at the tip of a midfield he simply isn't good enough technically to act as a playmaker.

billybee99

Experts also say that if a player plays 99% of his career like crap, he is a crappy player and it has nothing to do with "bad form" or a bad streak. Bad form doesn't last for 13 months. This is who he is. His yearly purple patches are the anomaly, not this.

billybee99

I think the pressure gets to him and he just becomes extremely nervous. Lots of players cannot handle the pressure. I think its one of the things that separates the top players from the average.

Anyhow i think his time here is over.

Who will take him with the high wages i dont know.
Skill is also something that separates the top players from the average.

Bojan11

He's not great but not being used correctly either. He should be an squad option in the forward line, because he's got decent pace and legs, can press all game and isn't actually a bad finisher when it falls to him in the box.

Played at the tip of a midfield he simply isn't good enough technically to act as a playmaker.
Again with the squad option. He starts every game and does not contribute. Why do you think suddenly when he’s a squad option that he’s going to contribute? He should be sold as he’s not good enough.

R'hllor

Ole should be arrested if he starts him ever again, that was some next level stuff

Sp00ks11

Just seen the clip of Ole going mental at him. About fcuking time. And probably the only time I have seen Ole act like a manager.

James Ward

A bit of passion from Ole on the sidelines. I like it Ole, I like it.

"Jesse. One more time and you’re f****** off."

More of that and you won't be getting criticized as much. Get the fear in those players like Fergie!

Don't be giving crap a free pass!

Now just relegate him to the reserves and get Woodward to offer him to clubs for 5 million max.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Been meaning to post this a while, but the thing that pisses me off the most about Lingard is that (in my opinion) he IS good enough to be at least a useful squad player/super sub... he has proven in the past that he can do it. The fact that he puts in such shocking performances now just isn’t acceptable.

If a player isn’t good enough, then what can you do? Can’t get angry at someone for doing their best but their best not being good enough.

However, in Lingard’s case, he has proven that he can play at times, but he hasn’t done that for a long time and that shows that either he isn’t trying or that he’s “lost” it.
The ability of some players is increased when they're apart of a great team, but when relied upon and surrounded by lesser players then they also play bad.

I think that's a case with lingard, its no coincidence that he was a decent option back when we had the likes of ibra etc

jeepers

Has taken Ole long enough to react that way.

Man the Tranmere goal celebration pissed me off so much I nearly broke my phone.

I’ve been thinking of players in the history of United who are worse than Lingard and I’ve struggled to name any who have been as fortunate to be given as many chances as Lingard has gotten. All of Lingard’s minutes this season should have been spread out between players like Gomes, Levitt, Garner, etc. Players who have actually shown enough and consistent promise from a young age.

caid

Hard to see an obvious way back for him. If he can't score goals here, getting reasonably decent chances most matches, then how is he going to contribute at a Watford or whoever. Being able to run and press isn't a skill thats going to carry him much longer at 27 and i dont think watford are lacking for players who work hard.
Outside of an injury crisis he probably shouldn't make the bench again this season. Pereirra basically does the same job better without the painful lack of confidence and Mata is a drastically better player. Its hard to see either of them getting many starts with Bruno and Pogba. Hopefully he finds a move and gets a meaningful goal, he shouldn't be this bad

Devil may care

So many potential counters broke down due to his touch, his control is so loose you'd think his boots were coated in metamucil.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He really needs to be moved on in the summer. He's a very very poor version of Dirk Kuyt.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's closing on 200 appearances for the club, 198 at the moment.

Beggars belief how he has lasted so long here.

always_hoping

Those season average ratings says it all. How and why he's still getting starts remains a mystery.

crossy1686

career ending
I'd be seriously shocked if this is true. Clothing brands aren't exactly very costly on business expenses and it seems like he does not even do brick-and-mortar, only e-commerce. Its reported that he lost 200k pounds last year but that's not even 2 weeks of his wages.
Staff wages and advertising would be a constant drain on his resources, I doubt the business currently makes enough to cover these outgoings as it stands.

Sylar

Finally Ole stop seeing Lingard for what he is not?

Better late than never. Tch why this long then geez, it's on Ole.
Or....
Ole knows now that he has Bruno, he doesnt have to baby the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.