4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

If his personal problems are affecting him heavily, then he should not be playing.

El Jefe

We were immediately better when he went off, not because Pereira is any good but only because he's way less shit than Lingard. That's how bad Lingard is that he makes ordinary players look class.

If he gets a new contract Ole and Woodward should be sacked.

Jacob

How embarrassing, he promised us 'the real Lingard' a few weeks back. Didn't take long for him to underdeliver as per usual.

RedIan

He needs taking out of first team until he sorts his head out. End of. I’d rather we play a kid if we are stuck for players..

Strats

I'm as drunk as you can get and absolutely lost for words over those 60 mins. I just don't get it. Sir Alex moved players like Cleverley, Gibson, Eagles and Richardson as soon as they proved that they where not good enough.
'
Lingard has proved to be below the standards of the guys mentioned above but still finds a way to start games against teams like Arsenal. Its absolutely insane.

Eplel

I'm surprised there are 100 pages in this thread given that there's literally nothing to comment on. He's non existent.

Red00012

Pereira plays well and gets dropped for someone who hasn’t an assist or goal in 2019

Walters_19_MuFc

I agreed that he had good record against arsenal but you kept on going about his good games against Spurs and City - in which he was also our worst player. And two games after he was our worst player. And yet somehow you tried to justify Ole starting him. I wasn't itching because I knew he was going to be our worst player again, simply because he is done as a top footballer, he isn't good enough for championship anymore.

And now you are calling me an idiot because you are proven wrong, because you are biased as feck when it comes to English players and you know I am right? Gave you too much credit before tbf.
Im not going into his performances against City and Spurs too much, but comments in the thread were generally quite good.

You're still yet to tell what was I proven wrong about exactly? I said he's been shit. Didnt put him in my predicted lineup because I didnt think he'd start, but can understand why he did. What exactly do you want me to say?

And the English bias nonsense? Again, made up bs to try and prove your point, but whatever makes you happy.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have you ever watched a player in amateur leagues that is insanely out of his league? They play exactly like lingard. They foot around in pockets, get the ball and pass it right back. No adventure because they don’t trust their ability. Then they start to think they are able to create something more than a pass back. That’s where you end up with the endless compilations of lingard losing the ball with awkward flicks and garbage short passes.

He needs to be playing in the championship

In Rainbows

Give his chances to Gomes. At least we'll be developing him. The upside is worth it. Lingard isn't worth persisting with at this point.

Skills

Snitch
It's criminal letting such an unproductive player, occupy that position on the field.

NJM78

Lingard epitomizes the whole club from top to bottom...not at all good enough.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Tip to fellow fans: if Lingard is in the starting line-up, don't bother watching. If he's not, tune-in.

Makes for much better viewing.

KennyBurner

I think it’s a bit unnecessary to comment on him anymore. We all know he will never be good enough. I think we should all direct the blame to Ole for consistently featuring him. At some point the responsibility no longer fall on him but his superiors. There is not a single time he plays and I expect anything good. Even when he does something productive it doesn’t matter because he will never keep up the consistency. I’ve made my peace with him being terrible long ago. We should all do the same and hope Ole limits him to coming off the bench or backup to injured players.

Irwin99

It's getting pretty ugly now if it wasn't already. He should be being taken out of the pressure zone not starting in these games. We have Mata and Pereria for that role (spoilt for choice I know) . I don't like seeing him starting, I don't like seeing the abuse he gets, and I think he could do with a month or two off.

lemmiwink

I keep reading "don't blame Lingard but blame Ole". I mean, really ? You cannot blame Lingard for working on improving himself as a player ? Like being stronger on the ball, better on the ball ?
There are things a manager can do to improve a player but there are things a player can do by himself if he is dedicated. We've had many examples of players in our history who went beyond the training given at the club, who gave themselves that extra edge to improve as players.
Lingard is a disgrace to the shirt, the man is actually playing at a level worse than he was 18 or 19 years, just think about that. Who actually gets worse like that without having gone through a horrible injury ?
Your logical fallacy is assuming (at least implicitly) that anyone CAN, and therefore should, just become better footballers by the virtue of being selected to start matches. And this can’t be blamed on the coach alone.

Not to be ableist, but if I picked a guy in a wheelchair to start as partner to Maguire he would most likely not be up to the task. Though I firmly believe he would gift fewer goals than Lindelöf, I very much doubt he could be a mainstay in our back four. Purely selecting him would make me look retarded.

I am not claiming Ole is retarded, but there is not an ounce of end product in Lindgard, and that has been clear for most fans for 6-7 years. If Ole starts him, he IS responsible for his lack of end product simply down to the fact that this is a player severely lacking in finishing, passing, positioning and composure. He can’t just train those qualities into his game at 27. He doesn’t have them and he never will.

Starting this man is criminally bad management.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He’s done here.
well probably keep hold of him because we’re a ‘nice’ club and he’s going through a tough time but he’s gotta go in the summer. It’s finding someone to buy him is the problem

Backrow Singer

I can’t understand why he’s still at the club, never mind starting games. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say that I can’t remember a run of “form” as bad as his in any sport that I watch. He has literally stank the place out every single time he’s stepped foot on the pitch for what feels like over a year.

He’s about 30 games out of favour in my book.

Paul_Scholes18

Probably his worst game this season. Can't see Ole getting him into form right now, but we still need Lingard unless we actually buys someone this window.
I would play with 4 strikers although not sure that will work against City in the cup. Pereira is just as bad as Lingard most of the time and Mata can't really play in the big games.
3 man defense I guess could work, but we are not great at that either.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I feel sorry for him to be honest.

He looks in a dreadful way, and under no circumstances should he be starting PL games for us.

This one's on Ole... I mean, what was he expecting?

BlueHaze

It's officially 2020 and he's still starting games for us. The bloke is an attacking player and hasn't had a goal or assist in a year. We're essentially playing 1 man down having him on the pitch. Atrocious management to keep on selecting this guy. It's not Lingards fault.

Skills

Snitch
I can't think of another midfield in the league that he'd get into.
Its not just midfield though... he plays as a fecking 10 for us, and can't buy himself a goal or an assist. Imagine letting such an unproductive player occupy one of your most advanced positions. It's mental.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
0/10. Actively hindered us and was like playing with 9 men, since it’s like playing with 10 even when he isn’t this shit.

nycender

Please for the love of God we can’t let this joker play a single minute more for this club

drdoityourself

His career here has been wrapped in a bubble. He's never actually challenged by the pundits, especially those with links to the club. The match going fans sing his name. He's on the cover of most promo stuff the club puts out.

His hype has caused him to rest on his laurels, he hasn't looked to improve after winning a place in the squad. Add to that he has now become one of the older figures in the team, and he seems to think he is some kind of a game manager. Comes on, takes no risks, just passes the ball slightly behind the guy next to him. His pressing is just lazy, clumsy fouls (he probably thinks it's clever, tactical fouls). I genuinely think he isn't that bothered about his performances, he didn't address them during the season, but after those two okay performances against City and Spurs he was doing every interview on how his form was actually good again.
And the media lapped it up...again.

He isn't criticized in mainstream media because it's common knowledge he isn't starting quality, but during this silence which has gone on now for four years, the club and the player have never been questioned. This just goes on and on, and has created some false sense of importance of Jesse Lingard.
Somebody should call him out, he's just the worst starter I've seen at this club. And yes, given an ounce of opportunity, be it a decent 15 minute spell against Astana, or a memory of form at the Emirates, Ole will start him. He is still a starter at Manchester United, at the most important creative position, if this was any other club his output would have seen him dropped to the reserves long ago.

Number32

Don't blame bingard, blame the clueless prick who picks him.
Why can't we blame both? He's not a random kid who is waiting to be picked on a charity match.

Imagine earning 100k per week and hoping not to play, because we can't blame him on the pitch, just blame the manager.

He's not even trying to give 100% effort like Matic and Young did to help us, despite everyone agree they are not good enough.

Sylar

We were immediately better when he went off, not because Pereira is any good but only because he's way less shit than Lingard. That's how bad Lingard is that he makes ordinary players look class.

If he gets a new contract Ole and Woodward should be sacked.
Third or so game in a row where he's started, been taken off and we've looked better ...

DoomSlayer

Ole should be blamed for playing him at this point. It's not working, yet he persists with it, a blatant mistake, just like Shaw is turning out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.