Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
His movement is world class, though.
Wonder where those posters, who kept going on about his 'movement off the ball' being one of the best in the league or about how 'but but LVG, Jose and Ole keep picking him' :houllier: are right now.

There's a difference between supporting/defending a player (definitely commendable in the light of the ott harsh criticism that Lingard was receiving) and being downright delusional.

stevoc

If today's performance had been a trial i doubt theres a professional club in England who would sign him based on it. And this has been his form for a while now, while never being his biggest fan i know he's been better in the past.

But that really should be him done at United after tonight, honestly one of the worst performances i've seen from a senior player in almost 30 years. Usually when someone is off form they can at least still work hard and get the basics right but i don't think he completed one decent pass tonight. Was there a move he was involved in that he didn't feck up?

I feel sorry for him at this point. He needs a break and a new start in the summer.

manunited1919

There’s one more Gif missing: during Arsenal’s seco goal he is our player closest to the corner flag, and as soon as the ball was kicked should have challenged for the first header. Just watch him twitch and stand around like a post.

It is pure idiocy to start Lingard in this game. I would hope it’s his last game in our shirt, but it’s obvious Ole wants to keep giving him undeserved chance after chance. It’s mind boggling.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I usually don’t advocate letting players go - even deadwood - without replacing them since we are so crap in the transfer market, but after this performance then I’ve no interest in keeping Lingard; his rare good performances aren’t worth the shite he’s produced for far too long now.

manunited1919

Tip to fellow fans: if Lingard is in the starting line-up, don't bother watching. If he's not, tune-in.

Makes for much better viewing.
Yes, as soon as he was in the lineup I knew we were done. I still want to watch the game to see what other players do, but frankly, I am watching the game without much emotion or excitement when he is in the team. That’s how I deal with it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Your logical fallacy is assuming (at least implicitly) that anyone CAN, and therefore should, just become better footballers by the virtue of being selected to start matches. And this can’t be blamed on the coach alone.

Not to be ableist, but if I picked a guy in a wheelchair to start as partner to Maguire he would most likely not be up to the task. Though I firmly believe he would gift fewer goals than Lindelöf, I very much doubt he could be a mainstay in our back four. Purely selecting him would make me look retarded.

I am not claiming Ole is retarded, but there is not an ounce of end product in Lindgard, and that has been clear for most fans for 6-7 years. If Ole starts him, he IS responsible for his lack of end product simply down to the fact that this is a player severely lacking in finishing, passing, positioning and composure. He can’t just train those qualities into his game at 27. He doesn’t have them and he never will.

Starting this man is criminally bad management.
No. My logic is that anyone should become a better player, a more complete one at least at 27 than what he was a 17-18-19.
It's as simple that, the rest is you misunderstanding me. I don't expect him to be better just because he'd be starting, he's too crap for me to even go there.

Ole is responsible for picking him but Jesse is also responsible to still be a very very limited player at 27 years of age.
It's shocking how he hasn't worked hard on himself to develop certain aspects of the game.

Too many people are absolving him from the development he should be making on his own.

Last edited:

gza the genius

At times Ole was sort’ve forced to play Lingard due to other injuries etc. There’s absolutely no reason he should’ve started today given the form of Pereira and Greenwood. I have no idea what Ole was thinking.

Devil may care

I genuinely forgot he was on tonight, it's a full year since he scored a PL goal I think, that's insane for a #10 at Manchester United.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Just cancel his contract. We may lose money but apparently it's the only way we will ever get Ole to not play him.

PepsiCola

I still think hes a right jackass for calling Arsenal's stadium "the dance floor" on instagram.

Right, unprofessional and immature bellend.

Godfather

He still starts games. I mean to people need more to prove that Ole has absolutely no idea what he is doing?

lex talionis

That Lingard is substandard is beyond all reasonable debate. He should be shipped off to a Chinese club, where he can focus on his true passion — his fashion line.

In one of the matches covered by NBCSN last week, Arlo mentioned that Jesse has endured serious family problems over the last year. First I heard of this. Does anyone here know what the story is?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think Ole knows that this player is incapable of producing anything. The problem here I see is that the gameplan against the bigger sides doesn't require our #10 to score or assist. Its all play on the counter. We aren't expected to hold the ball. That's why this guy starts. He is the epitome of this tactic.

manunited1919

I think Ole knows that this player is incapable of producing anything. The problem here I see is that the gameplan against the bigger sides doesn't require our #10 to score or assist. Its all play on the counter. We aren't expected to hold the ball. That's why this guy starts. He is the epitome of this tactic.
He could play a lamp pole and it would do the same number of goals and assists as Lingard. At least the team wouldn’t lose the ball as much with the lamp pole as we do with Lingard.

LoneStar

I'm not going to blame him anymore. He will play if he's asked to play. This is entirely on the manager. Periera has been doing better than him in the last couple of games, why the sudden change? And why did he wait so long to make the sub?

He singlehandedly killed all of our attacks in the first half. Not that there were many of them kind you.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I've seen a lot of posts saying they don't blame him for being shit because Ole was the one who started him.

I blame both of them. Lingard for being a shit player and Ole for persisting with him.

I wonder how we'd fair with someone like Maddison playing 10. Hell, now I'm wondering how we'd fare with Brendan fecking Rodgers as manager.

mav_9me

I've seen a lot of posts saying they don't blame him for being shit because Ole was the one who started him.

I blame both of them. Lingard for being a shit player and Ole for persisting with him.

I wonder how we'd fair with someone like Maddison playing 10. Hell, now I'm wondering how we'd fare with Brendan fecking Rodgers as manager.
We'd be where Leicester are. But I think he is a good coach who did poorly as time went on at Liverpool suggesting to me he is poor in the transfer market.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't blame bingard, blame the clueless prick who picks him.
Absolutely This. He had no reason to bench Andreas today. Even worse the prick didn't even remove him at half time
Seriously? Calling the manager names like that now? Posters have been calling Ole all sorts for months now but this is getting out of hand.

SSSSnake

I’m not even blaming Lingard. We know his level. I blame the smiling manager who constantly plays him!!! He offers nothing and the whole world knows this bloody stat. Get out of our club.

MiracleInMadrid

Cannot grasp how a player like him have managed to play almost 200 matches (all competitions) for a club like United. This is his 6th season as part of the main squad. Although he has been useful in periods, the last couple of seasons he has been dreadful. And yet, he still manages to start in the number 10 position for United. A position that is expected to be the creative nerve of the team. It's absolutely baffling when you think about it. A complete nothing player.

SAFMUTD

To anyone questioning how is Lingard still getting minutes after one year of shitty performances just remember that on todays game he got a high five from Ole.

Today performance deserved a high five according to Ole, thats the standard set by our manager.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

This x100000
This is fecking crazy the posts I'm reading tbh, Lingard is fecking shit but can we not expect him to be a better player than when he first broke through ? It's shocking, there isn't a single aspect of the game he's become better at.

JoaquinJoaquin

Honestly, when I seen his name on the team sheet I changed my score prediction on here as I knew we were getting beat. Shows how bad he really is when Andreas looks twice as good recently.

Flying_Heckfish

He's never been first team quality, at any stage in his career.

His recent performances are of a bad standard, even for him.

He really lucked out with the last couple of managers, he would be nowhere near the first XI of our rivals.

-Supreme-

Honestly, when I seen his name on the team sheet I changed my score prediction on here as I knew we were getting beat. Shows how bad he really is when Andreas looks twice as good recently.
We have won 3 PL games with him in the starting XI, and unsurprisingly those wins were against Chelsea, Spurs and City where majority of our forwards (except for Martial) are more comfortable with counter attack.

BarstoolProphet

Ole said pre-match that he has been in and out of the team lately but a new year means a new opportunity for Jesse to redeem himself. That could obviously be a part of a man management plan while he's being phased out of the team permanently, but frankly, he doesn't deserve to even be in contention at all. So bad is the output from him. The term "fraud" is being brandied out too much, but he is the definition of it when you think of his status (100k contract, clothing line, poster boy for the club, on the fringes of the NT etc.) vs. what he brings to his teams (United and previously the NT). He's a local boy and United through and through, and probably a good guy to have in the dressing room, but giving him more game time now would probably hurt the team morale way more than what he contributes behind the scenes.

Usually I manage to calm down the day after a loss but thinking about seeing Lingard anymore on the pitch in a United shirt still makes my blood boil. Easily the worst ever regular starter over time I've seen in a United shirt.

crossy1686

career ending
A team battling relegation wouldn't even play Lingard, I'd rather see Chong or Gomes start every game over him. If our board do not sign reinforcements this month any chance of finishing fourth is gone. There is a worrying lack of ambition being shown by those at the top.

Pace Abuser

That Lingard is substandard is beyond all reasonable debate. He should be shipped off to a Chinese club, where he can focus on his true passion — his fashion line.

In one of the matches covered by NBCSN last week, Arlo mentioned that Jesse has endured serious family problems over the last year. First I heard of this. Does anyone here know what the story is?
It's basically nothing more than any average person goes through, but Lingz PR team are milking it as a sob story to vindicate and explain his form.

It's a sickening level of fan manipulation and PR management.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
City fan I sit near in work once told me he'd rather have Lingard at City over Mahrez.

True story.

Reckon they'd be up for a swap? :lol:

Colin Clarke

What does Lingard bring to the team? He doesn't tackle well, has little or no goals or assists in 18 months yet he is in the starting line up? Opposition don't really need to mark him because he is rarely likely to hurt you these days. The guy is 26, he should be coming into his peak years yet we are getting little or nothing for the wages he is paid. Yes he is an academy graduate but then so was the likes of Jonny Evans and he is giving a lot more back to Leicester than Jesse is giving to us. Time to either leave him on the bench or move him on. Greenwood is miles better.

Status
Not open for further replies.