Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Wonder how much could we get him from Spur. Maybe 15m? I hope.

King Andow

I hope Lingard stays and proves this forum and most others wrong.
There is a top player in him no doubt about it. Although he has only shown it for 1.5 seasons pretty much.
Caftards will moan but in reality he didn't get enough chances to show his talent, always being played out of position and persecuted by classless fans when going through some heavy psychological stuff. Under a reasonable management he can step up like he did when he won us a cup by himself, we just need to use him in the right way while making sure that he's confident and joyful again. We already know that slating him doesn't help. Lay back, it's all been done before. And if you could only let it be you will see that he will be back, with the right amount of patience. Also, people forget that we'll need bodies out there with the grueling schedule and such a thin squad, I'd keep him. Out of the squad every game until he's purged. Enough of that rotten, fraudulent leech. Let him ruin another team and never come back.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Plesse do explain. Its become an easy bandwagon to jump on hating the dude but last season aside I really don't think he deserves even half the crap he gets. He put in a lot of good shifts and scored and assisted critical goals. If you think he s not good enough maybe criticize the manager and management overall for not having the depth to put someone better on the pitch.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If we sell him, who replaces him in the squad? Nobody thinks he should start for us but we need more than 14/15 players through the season.
Replace Lingard? Woody hasn't managed to offload anyone but Sanchez. We're at 30 players. Greenwood and Williams don't need to be registered to play in any compeitition which means we currenty have a surplus of 3 players of our 25 man squad. Hell, it might be a reason we haven't bought more players.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Plesse do explain. Its become an easy bandwagon to jump on hating the dude but last season aside I really don't think he deserves even half the crap he gets. He put in a lot of good shifts and scored and assisted critical goals. If you think he s not good enough maybe criticize the manager and management overall for not having the depth to put someone better on the pitch.
He is an attacking player that has scored 33 goals in 207 games, thats shite. Hes been shite mainly at United bar a purple season under Jose 17/18 and thats it

Chief123

Lingard on a good day is miles better than 75% of the rest we've released over the past few years (which probably shows shite our transfer activity has been but still). I wish him well but i would hate to see him strengthen a potential direct rival - if only in depth. Just like Zaha - he ll likely show up every time they play us and get punished.
He most certainly isn’t. 75% of the players we’ve released are better than Lingard! Lingard is probably one of the worst players we are releasing which is what has been the major problem. Holding on to deadwood.

I would be absolutely delighted if lingard went to spurs rather than someone else. He would strike zero fear that he will do anything useful. Dele Alli is a nothing player and he is still better than Lingard. This is classic Jose lunacy and I would love for it to happen.

Replace Lingard? Woody hasn't managed to offload anyone but Sanchez. We're at 30 players. Greenwood and Williams don't need to be registered to play in any compeitition which means we currenty have a surplus of 3 players of our 25 man squad. Hell, it might be a reason we haven't bought more players.
Of course it’s a contributory factor why we haven’t more players. Look at our centre backs. 7 senior players, only one is good enough. 4 are sick notes, Smalling should eventually get sold, but in this market it’s difficult, and the other is Lindelof, whose best quality is being fit.

All teams are struggling to sell unwanted players this summer.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I think Lingard should leave, just as Smalling did. They are too good as players to be denigrated by idiotic United fans.
You have actually seen lingard play right? He cant pass, score, assist or any of the other basic functions required of an attacking player?
Personally this just reaks of an agent pushing shit into the paper to try and get a move for his player. I've no doubt Lingard is being offered to lots of clubs at the moment, Spurs being one. I'll be stunned if there is any genuine interest from Spurs.
Id be amazed if there is any interest from any club anywhere on earth.
Shut your whore mouth and just take him!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lingard on a good day is miles better than 75% of the rest we've released over the past few years (which probably shows shite our transfer activity has been but still). I wish him well but i would hate to see him strengthen a potential direct rival - if only in depth. Just like Zaha - he ll likely show up every time they play us and get punished.
On a good day? The problem is we are paying 6 figures a week for a player whos "good day" is once every 3 years. He is as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. If he was any LESS use we could stick him in the corner of the room and water him twice a week.

El B

He had a career year in 2017-18 and that coincidenced with a good showing at the World Cup. He's never come close to replicating that form and even before then didn't show enough that justified keeping him around (ignoring that he is an academy graduate). We can try and be empathetic and accept he's had some tough times but based solely on form, before and after his one good season, this guy is not good enough and he is stealing a living. If Spurs are stupid enough to offer £30m as was reported then you need to snap their arm off.

Cecc07

He had a career year in 2017-18 and that coincidenced with a good showing at the World Cup. He's never come close to replicating that form and even before then didn't show enough that justified keeping him around (ignoring that he is an academy graduate). We can try and be empathetic and accept he's had some tough times but based solely on form, before and after his one good season, this guy is not good enough and he is stealing a living. If Spurs are stupid enough to offer £30m as was reported then you need to snap their arm off.
What good showing at the World Cup, come one stop with this overreactiong for the England's Semi Final. I can't remember a team with such luck in the draws. It is not such a big deal to win againts Tunisia and Panama, Sweden and Columbia on penalties. They've had 2 two difficult matches againts Belgium and Croatia and lost them. So when was this such a good performance from Lingard. He has 2-3 good months in his entire career, that's it.

We have supported him for years but enough is enough. He is useless. Good luck in QPR or Derby County he will find his level there.

steve.crowford

If Ed gets Lingard out for £30m, I might reconsider the nasty things I've been saying about him and erect a statue.

Tony247

Unbelievable that anyone can think Lingard is good enough to be at Utd. Never was and never will be.

If woodward manages to sell him to spurs for anything over £20m, it will be the best business he’s done since being Manchester Utd CEO.
You guys, seriously. If someone there wants to buy him and you are saying how bad he is :nono:

Chief123

You guys, seriously. If someone there wants to buy him and you are saying how bad he is :nono:
Lets not forget Jose loved Fellani and Young too. With the greatest respect to your opinion, Lingard is shit. It's not even a debate.

TheRedHearted

Caftards will moan but in reality he didn't get enough chances to show his talent, always being played out of position and persecuted by classless fans when going through some heavy psychological stuff. Under a reasonable management he can step up like he did when he won us a cup by himself, we just need to use him in the right way while making sure that he's confident and joyful again. We already know that slating him doesn't help. Lay back, it's all been done before. And if you could only let it be you will see that he will be back, with the right amount of patience. Also, people forget that we'll need bodies out there with the grueling schedule and such a thin squad, I'd keep him. Out of the squad every game until he's purged. Enough of that rotten, fraudulent leech. Let him ruin another team and never come back.
What was his natural position?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Nailed on to score tonight. He'll look lively, score a decent goal and then we'll have media briefs that he's like a new signing, refreshed, re-motivated and looking great in training. I'll even write it:
"Lingard's early-season form and performances in training have convinced the United higher-ups that - barring late Sancho drama - he can make the right wing his own".

He will go onto score 1 goal in 26 starts.

UpWithRivers

Wont be so funny if they sell Alli for 50 and buy Lingard for 15. If Woodward gets in a room with Levy we're toast. Woodward will probably walk out without his shirt and just sold Martial and Rashford for Alli and Dany Rose. 'Ole Ole Ole!!! I got you your RW and LB!!!!!"

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Why'd you have to go and make things so complicated?

crossy1686

career ending
Lots of noise from Lingard's camp about being loathed to leave United but wants to play so will do if needed.

Someone needs to tell him that the reason he isn't playing is because of himself, no one else.

The first bit of fame and fortune he got went to his head, started a clothing company with a genuine belief he could sell clothes to United fans AND fans of other clubs with his name and logo on. Shortly after finds himself in a difficult personal situation where he, at the age of 27, is expected to act as a fully grown adult and deal with things as we all have had to in our lives, completely disappears for two full seasons.

There is not an employer in the world that would allow you to keep a highly paid job if you returned nothing over a two year period.

He should go to where ever wants him, not a single United fan is going to miss him if he leaves. He'll look back on this with more regret than any of us ever will.

DanClancy

In his last year of his contract with a huge payday coming up if he lets its run, going to be very difficult to sell him.

I know what his agents advice will be

RUCK4444

...might erect something else if we get £30m for him...
If he get's £30 mill for Jesse I might erect something myself...

Aint happening though.

What would be worse is somehow trading Jesse plus ANY cash for Deli. I do not want the latter under any circumstances.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thankfully this is the Sun and therefore bullshit. I'd be done with our club if he got a new deal
You say that but didn't Mata get a new deal when everyone was expecting him to leave? Andreas Pereira? Phil Jones? Marcos Rojo? Sergio Romero?

Would you really be shocked if Lingard got a new deal?

crossy1686

career ending
You say that but didn't Mata get a new deal when everyone was expecting him to leave? Andreas Pereira? Phil Jones? Marcos Rojo? Sergio Romero?

Would you really be shocked if Lingard got a new deal?
Yes, because Ole has frozen him out of the team for over a year. If he get's one it's clear it's not the manager who makes these decisions

Godfather

Classic. First spread some fake rumours (as if any PL club had interest in the services of Jesse Lingard) then use them to negotiate a new contract.

Still don't think our club is this dumb though. Don't get it mistaken however. If we indeed hand out a new contract for him I'm finally done with this club.

gajender

In his last year of his contract with a huge payday coming up if he lets its run, going to be very difficult to sell him.

I know what his agents advice will be
Chances are his agent might be advising him to get another club while he still has contract with United .Another year like his last season he might even struggle to find a Club in premier league.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Yes, because Ole has frozen him out of the team for over a year. If he get's one it's clear it's not the manager who makes these decisions
Chris Smalling got a new deal three days before Mourinho got fired. Phil Jones got a new deal while Ole was interim manager.

We know that the first team coach does not make the decisions. Its as obvious as the nose on your face.

Lingard getting a new deal would put the cherry on the top of this window, it really would.

Falcow

Not his biggest fan but I would have him in the team over the post lockdown version of Rashford who has performed worse in that period of time than Lingard ever has and that is saying something, Rashford might as well have been playing for the opposition. He should have been dropped and Lingard given a run instead.

Inability to drop underperforming players is my number one gripe with Ole. Usually a manager will have 3 or 4 players he doesnt ever drop, Ole seems to have about 10.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Not his biggest fan but I would have him in the team over the post lockdown version of Rashford who has performed worse in that period of time than Lingard ever has and that is saying something, Rashford might as well have been playing for the opposition. He should have been dropped and Lingard given a run instead.

Inability to drop underperforming players is my number one gripe with Ole. Usually a manager will have 3 or 4 players he doesnt ever drop, Ole seems to have about 10.
Rashord was fine for the first month or so when he came back. He wasn't playing well in terms of dribbling and scoring, but he was creating a hell of a lot with a level of passing and vision that he'd never really shown before that (or since unfortunately). Yes he obviously went to shit after that (especially once Shaw got injured) and he was terrible against Palace, but Lingard was at least equally as bad for the vast majority of last season. It was only the last month or so of the season that Lingard started looking a little bit better in the few opportunities that he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.